• Welcome to Global Gulag Media Forum. Please login or sign up.

So...

Started by poseidonlost, Feb 03, 2021, 02:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poseidonlost

What happened? Some server or something is down...
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

#1 Trouble Maker

A little heads up would have been nice.
Inter Arma Enim Silent Lēgēs
SAYING NO!! = FREEDOM
RESISTANCE Is The New Normal

Sparky

Quote from: #1 Trouble Maker on Feb 03, 2021, 08:36:13 AMA little heads up would have been nice.

How would it have helped you? The person who runs the domain (globalgulag.com) and for whom this forum was set up, was notified. Further, the primary manager of the forum was notified. I spent my free time fixing the forum, so that it runs, which is hosted at no cost whatsoever. It should have been maintained by one of the people who run this forum, so that it didn't break as soon as we upgraded PHP to a modern version (and so it didn't have security holes), but that wasn't done.

EvadingGrid

Its the SMF software that is the cause of our woes.

Nothing to do with ANYBODY here.

Its the decisions made by the developers that are the cause of our grief.
Because they wanted to 'improve' things.
Because they wanted to fix theoretical security holes.
Because they could, instead of thinking should ....

Sparky

Quote from: EvadingGrid on Feb 03, 2021, 03:06:07 PMIts the SMF software that is the cause of our woes.

Nothing to do with ANYBODY here.

Speaking of which, I think there's an avatar problem. You did have one before, right?

EvadingGrid

We all had avatars.
Honestly, I would not bother fixing anything, I'd just pull the plug and walk away.
The remains of the former truth movement are as blinkered and dishonest as the MSM.

EvadingGrid

So long, and thanks for all the fish....

Sparky

Quote from: EvadingGrid on Feb 03, 2021, 03:19:37 PMHonestly, I would not bother fixing anything, I'd just pull the plug and walk away.
The remains of the former truth movement are as blinkered and dishonest as the MSM.

Was this forum being used? I mean, I figure it was?

poseidonlost

Quote from: Sparky on Feb 03, 2021, 03:22:22 PMWas this forum being used? I mean, I figure it was?

Well. I came to say thanks to the update post I saw this morning and to delete the "So..." thread and found this. Christ, are our images still working? Lol worse things have happened I suppose.

P.S. images are working. Saved my crown jewel. I hope the best for all of you in the future.
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

#1 Trouble Maker

Quote from: Sparky on Feb 03, 2021, 03:01:04 PMHow would it have helped you? The person who runs the domain (globalgulag.com) and for whom this forum was set up, was notified. Further, the primary manager of the forum was notified. I spent my free time fixing the forum, so that it runs, which is hosted at no cost whatsoever. It should have been maintained by one of the people who run this forum, so that it didn't break as soon as we upgraded PHP to a modern version (and so it didn't have security holes), but that wasn't done.
How would it have helped you?

Ah, outside of a plain and simple courtesy, I would have at least been aware that the site was not attacked and taken down.  I go on and it's just a blank sheet.  I mean come on.

I'm still not sure based off what you are going on and on about, that this forum is going to be around much longer. 

Inter Arma Enim Silent Lēgēs
SAYING NO!! = FREEDOM
RESISTANCE Is The New Normal