• Welcome to Global Gulag Media Forum. Please login or sign up.

Ammunition stock

Started by poseidonlost, Jan 09, 2021, 01:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poseidonlost

Just incase anyone doesn't know, (hard to imagine) there is extremely limited availability of ammunition for sale on shelves. I have yet to go to a gun show specifically for ammunition though since this all started. During the shutdown days, I could still find a box or two of what I needed, but now it's all gone. I went to a gun store in town after hearing an ad about them having all kinds of ammo. They had cases of 9mm and .380 auto (both Federal brand only) piled up, some specialty cartridges, a few boxes of .303 (might consider buying one of those in the far future, ode to ye limey,) the euro ammo that's always sitting in a lonely corner in American stores, a few boxes of .40 at 60 bucks a box! and shotgun cartridges have always been and still are readily available.

Don't go to the range. Last I went during the summer, I was still able to get the main types of ammo I needed. Now, it's all gone. My favorite cartridge is completely sold out everywhere. I actually found one guy who had some, but he was holding it for someone who was buying that caliber of rifle off him. I'll go to a gun show soon and report on availability then. Writing this reminded me of that option. Winning  8)

P.S. got some .40 and .223 magazines through a dealer who had to go out and find them for me. Nothing like that is just sitting around in a store. Gun shows people. These are usually very common items if one does not know.

P.P.S. special secret note because you read this, there's plenty of silver rounds in town. But check spot prices, apparently they're through the friggin' roof.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

poseidonlost

Quote from: poseidonlost on Jan 09, 2021, 01:03:35 PM
Just incase anyone doesn't know, (hard to imagine) there is extremely limited availability of ammunition for sale on shelves. I have yet to go to a gun show specifically for ammunition though since this all started. During the shutdown days, I could still find a box or two of what I needed, but now it's all gone. I went to a gun store in town after hearing an ad about them having all kinds of ammo. They had cases of 9mm and .380 auto (both Federal brand only) piled up, some specialty cartridges, a few boxes of .303 (might consider buying one of those in the far future, ode to ye limey,) the euro ammo that's always sitting in a lonely corner in American stores, a few boxes of .40 at 60 bucks a box! and shotgun cartridges have always been and still are readily available.

Don't go to the range. Last I went during the summer, I was still able to get the main types of ammo I needed. Now, it's all gone. My favorite cartridge is completely sold out everywhere. I actually found one guy who had some, but he was holding it for someone who was buying that caliber of rifle off him. I'll go to a gun show soon and report on availability then. Writing this reminded me of that option. Winning  8)

P.S. got some .40 and .223 magazines through a dealer who had to go out and find them for me. Nothing like that is just sitting around in a store. Gun shows people. These are usually very common items if one does not know.

P.P.S. special secret note because you read this, there's plenty of silver rounds in town. But check spot prices, apparently they're through the friggin' roof.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Just got back from the gun show. They got every round of ammunition you can think of, at a price. Quite the price. I started my shopping by finding a box of .357 mag for one hundred USD. Skipped that and thanked myself for getting them a year ago. At this rate, ammo is more expensive then the guns themselves really. If shortages aren't hitting any more of you more rural folks yet, it will. The gun show wasn't any busier than normal which actually surprised me. Same beautiful diverse crowd too. All walks of life. You gotta love seeing a black woman with a Gadsden flag shirt selling guns. We're gonna win this shit people.

poseidonlost

Went to a range. Shot a caliber I have absoulte tons of. They did have ammunition for common calibers at normal-like prices. I can't even remember what they were a year ago. But last week at the gun show I paid double and triple for what they had at the range today. Also, there was a one-box per person limit. Gotta get whatcha can take. My, what a year it's been, friends.