You are Here:
Santa Fe, TX shooting

Author (Read 2060 times)

Re: Santa Fe, TX shooting - Santa Fe ISD Officer Interview
« Reply #25 on: Jul 04, 2018, 12:40:22 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
So the first policeman on the scene was the school district's own on duty that day. He called in to the Michael Berry Show yesterday morning. I have no way of getting the audio of the first hour of the show on it's own. Idk how to do it at least. Maybe some one can help.

Anywho, the show is the second down on this list, at the time of this posting (it's a weekday daily radio show so it'll be farther down soon)

The relevant part starts at the beginning until about 28/30 minutes in. The host starts talking about sports after that point.

Tue, 03 Jul 2018
#864 The Michael Berry Show

https://mytuner-radio.com/podcasts/the-michael-berry-show-ktrh-ktrh-am-1253076699

Also, I haven't heard much yet, but I'm still hoping to get to attend some court sessions involving the shooter. See if anything interesting comes up.

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: Santa Fe, TX shooting
« Reply #26 on: Aug 16, 2018, 02:30:28 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Alleged Santa Fe shooter indicted by Galveston County grand jury

By Nick Powell Updated 5:19 pm CDT, Thursday, August 9, 2018

https://chron.com/news/article/Sante-Fe-shooter-indicted-for-capital-murder-by-13144676.php#item-85307-tbla-5

A Galveston County grand jury Thursday indicted the 17-year old Santa Fe High School student accused of killing 10 people in a shooting spree at the school in May.

Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, is charged with capital murder and a first degree felony charge of aggravated assault on a peace officer. Pagourtzis was arrested at Santa Fe High School on May 18, the day of the shooting after allegedly killing 10 people and wounding 13, including Santa Fe Independent School District Officer John Barnes.

Nick Poehl, Pagourtzis' attorney, said he was not surprised by the indictment and that he expected a court date to be set sometime over the next month. [continues...]

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #27 on: Apr 11, 2019, 09:49:07 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Unless something new has come up, I don't understand why the federal government would step into this. The story has been, the shooter used his father's guns I do believe. No word of a hate crime and no word of traveling with the weapons across state lines. The only thing that makes sense (at the moment) is that the federal government has become emboldened by the end of the "Russiagate" investigation and now are ready to overstep their bounds like usual.

Federal agents take custody of Santa Fe High School shooting suspect

https://abc13.com/federal-agents-take-custody-of-santa-fe-hs-shooting-suspect/5238741/

SANTA FE, Texas (KTRK) -- Accused Santa Fe High School shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis was taken into custody by federal agents Monday morning.

Last month, federal prosecutors said they wouldn't pursue charges against Pagourtzis, sending the following statement to ABC13. [:]

"The D.A. has brought numerous strong charges against the defendant in this case. No federal charges will be filed at this time, and we continue to stand ready to assist and support the Galveston County District Attorney's Office as they pursue the state prosecution."

Agents arrived at the Galveston County Jail Monday morning. While officials have not confirmed any changes in the case against Pagourtzis, his attorney says the 17-year-old will face federal charges in the massacre that killed 10 people and wounded 13 others.
Pagourtzis is already facing state charges after prosecutors say he opened fire inside the high school on May 18, 2018.

Survivor John Barnes, the school resource officer who was shot through the arm and nearly died, says state charges are not enough.

"I want him charged federally simply because I want to make sure he stays in prison," Barnes said.

"The Department of Justice says they want to do everything they can to help, well everything they can to help is charging this guy with a federal crime," Barnes told Eyewitness News.

The families had reached out personally to the Department of Justice and U.S. Congress members.
[continues...]

They will beg for bigger government.

Correction: The Arkema case is a felony charge, not a federal charge; so I took that out of my original post up above. I'll post it anyway in the relevant thread though. It's still an interesting case.

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #28 on: Jun 21, 2019, 06:40:35 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Accused Santa Fe shooter to be tried in Fort Bend County

By JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News  Jun 21, 2019 Updated 4 hrs ago

https://galvnews.com/news/free/article_669485c4-b175-5ce7-8e8d-a2b13c48d7a9.html

GALVESTON

The capital murder trial of Dimitrios Pagourtzis will be held in Fort Bend County, a district court judge has announced

Pagourtzis is charged with the capital murder of multiple persons, and other felonies, in connection with the May 18, 2018, shooting in Santa Fe High School that killed 10 people and wounded 13,

District Court Judge John Ellisor in February ruled Pagourtzis’ trial should be moved outside of Galveston County because county residents could not form an impartial jury.

Richmond, the seat of Fort Bend County, is a little more than 73 miles north of Galveston.

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #29 on: Jul 02, 2019, 10:04:39 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
National media outlets told the story of David Briscoe surviving the Santa Fe shooting. He wasn’t there.

https://texastribune.org/2019/07/01/santa-fe-shooting-texas-david-briscoe/

In the immediate aftermath of the May 2018 shooting at Santa Fe High School, a man who said he witnessed the carnage seemed to turn up everywhere.

The man calling himself David Briscoe appeared in Time as a substitute teacher seemingly in the wrong place at the wrong time; CNN described his heroism as he ordered his students to “get down” and kept them protected until police came; The Wall Street Journal relayed the blood-curdling screams he heard from students in the hallway.

In April, nearly a year after the shooting, he told a strikingly similar story to The Texas Tribune. But after investigating some of his claims, the Tribune did not publish his account of the shooting — because it appears his entire story was an elaborate hoax.

In a roughly 31-minute interview with the Tribune, David Briscoe told his tale: When the first shots rang out — “it was very, very loud” — he said he directed his classroom of nearly a dozen students in the remedial English course he was teaching to muffle their screams with their hands.

He barricaded the doors. Turned off the lights.

He said he could never return to the Houston-area school where 10 died and another 13 were injured last spring. “Just knowing that there’s blood on the walls where you walk at ... I don’t think I could go back,” he said, so after he and his students were rescued by law enforcement, he said he quit teaching altogether and moved to Florida, three months after he took the job at Santa Fe High.

But according to the school district, he was never there.

Lindsey Campbell, a spokeswoman for Santa Fe Independent School District, said it had no record of anyone named David Briscoe being employed by the district in any capacity and that the district is confident no one by that name was on campus the day of the shooting last year.

More at the link --->  https://www.texastribune.org/2019/07/01/santa-fe-shooting-texas-david-briscoe/

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #30 on: Jul 02, 2019, 10:36:37 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
National media outlets told the story of David Briscoe surviving the Santa Fe shooting. He wasn’t there.

Thanks for this. Still planning on trying to go and report on this. Either Fort Bend or Galveston works best for me as far as travel. So I would like to see what actually comes up at trial, not what the mainstream or "alternative" media sez. And as it stands, the defense is still in a "not guilty" standing. There's speculation they might go the insanity route, but so far nothing stated by the defense.

Last Edit by Gladstone