The Brexit betrayal is happening

Author (Read 19721 times)

Re: The Brexit betrayal is happening
« Reply #600 on: Jun 07, 2019, 08:24:09 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
It was highly amusing, and satisfying, to see Farige the Frog hiding in the bathroom and then skulking off via the back door after the Peterborough result..

It was a good result for remain, but it would have been better if Frog had won since Corbyn is now claiming some vindication over his brexit stance. However this will be short lived and the momentum towards a clear and decisive brexit policy is irresistible, and can only go one way for Labour: endorsing a confirmatory vote.

The tories must go the other way and commit to leave on Halloween with or without a deal. So the lines are much clearer to all as I mentioned before, which means that the few paths left to brexit are extremely unlikely.

Please re-read the analysis I posted, as I bothered to do the maths.

Labour LOST 17% of the Vote....

Now, lets pretend this morning Corbyn went Remainer...

Remainer Corbyn could expect to pick up +9% of the LibDem's gain
But would loose -8% to The Brexit Party....

Overall that is 1% gain . . . to damn marginal to crow on about, if you throw in the Greens, that is +1% but again we are talking such small numbers its dubious - but for arguments sake call it 2%
The basic maths 42% loss from the Conservatives and Labour parties, which is a jaw dropping tsunami of anger.

But what has me completely puzzled, is why would any self-respecting Truther support Remain ?

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

« Reply #601 on: Jun 07, 2019, 09:36:50 am »

Q

• Sr. InfoWarrior
Please re-read the analysis I posted, as I bothered to do the maths.

Labour LOST 17% of the Vote....

Now, lets pretend this morning Corbyn went Remainer...

Remainer Corbyn could expect to pick up +9% of the LibDem's gain
But would loose -8% to The Brexit Party....

Overall that is 1% gain . . . to damn marginal to crow on about, if you throw in the Greens, that is +1% but again we are talking such small numbers its dubious - but for arguments sake call it 2%
The basic maths 42% loss from the Conservatives and Labour parties, which is a jaw dropping tsunami of anger.

But what has me completely puzzled, is why would any self-respecting Truther support Remain ?

Last Edit by Palmerston

The 'maths' will not be applicable. As I say, the Frog's party will not be a major factor once the Blond Buffoon is in place, and a general election will likely follow. Put very simply, all but the hard brexiters, which includes brexiters who don't want a hard brexit, will vote for either Lab/Lib/Snp/Green, and this coalition will be the largest group by some distance.

It's not as simple as supporting remain or brexit - you'll have to read my posts on the subject. It's also simplistic to say things like 'truther=brexiter' especially since the vast majority of brexiters are koolaid-guzzling dupes.

Brexit is now extremely unlikely, but most people will still be shocked when it officially implodes.

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #602 on: Jun 07, 2019, 10:16:54 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Seems as though all that's needed is for people to finally leave UKIP no? If UKIP had any amount of brains or honor they'd fold, but bringing on Tommy boy kinda proves that they don't. I'm still new to following UK politics so close, but I don't see how this development takes Brexit out of the picture. It's not like the Brexit party is splitting the vote; they're taking all the cake from UKIP.

And wow at family voting. Bad enough people get disowned here for mentioning they voted a certain way. Can't imagine someone actually filling in a ballot for another. Forget the phones, even though I agree with them having to be off around the polling station, two people in a booth is atrocious.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

« Reply #603 on: Jun 07, 2019, 12:04:48 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
The 'maths' will not be applicable. As I say, the Frog's party will not be a major factor once the Blond Buffoon is in place, and a general election will likely follow. Put very simply, all but the hard brexiters, which includes brexiters who don't want a hard brexit, will vote for either Lab/Lib/Snp/Green, and this coalition will be the largest group by some distance.

It's not as simple as supporting remain or brexit - you'll have to read my posts on the subject. It's also simplistic to say things like 'truther=brexiter' especially since the vast majority of brexiters are koolaid-guzzling dupes.

Brexit is now extremely unlikely, but most people will still be shocked when it officially implodes.

Last Edit by Palmerston

But why do you support Remain ?

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #604 on: Jun 07, 2019, 12:53:02 pm »

Q

• Sr. InfoWarrior

Last Edit by Palmerston

You'll have to read my posts on the subject young man, and I recommend you do..

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #605 on: Jun 07, 2019, 01:18:16 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
You'll have to read my posts on the subject young man, and I recommend you do..

Last Edit by Palmerston

I did . . . . but 99% of them are Remainer arguments - but I did find this :

Vince Cable is right - there is a chance that Brexit will not go ahead, and I think he's also right that many people who voted for Brexit would not do so if they had their time again, or if they had another chance.

I have previously said that Brexit is an establishment operation to discredit nationalism in the UK and Europe, and for Brexit to have its desired effect, it must be put into effect. However it is possible that the Brexit effect can be obtained without an actual Brexit, although I still think that an actual Brexit will be required.

Q is this your reasoning ?

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #606 on: Jun 07, 2019, 03:26:20 pm »

Dude447

• InfoWarrior
Just how dumb is Vince Cable  when it comes to people voting for Brexit ? , the man is clearly in a state of denial . The reason I would never vote lib/dem (well you could can drop the dem bit ) if I wanted to be associated with clowns I would have joined the circus .

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #607 on: Jun 09, 2019, 01:04:27 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Labour's by-election victory is marred by claims that a convicted vote rigger was at the centre of campaign after he was pictured with Corbyn and new MP at centre of anti-Semitism storm

Tariq Mahmood received 15-month prison sentence in 2008 for voter fraud
Local Conservatives claimed Mahmood was 'front and centre' of the campaign
Labour branded the allegation 'false and baseless' yesterday and said he was 'not involved in any way'

By Brendan Carlin and Ross Slater For The Mail On Sunday
Published: 00:37, 9 June 2019 | Updated: 00:37, 9 June 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7120267/Labours-election-victory-marred-claims-convicted-vote-rigger-centre-campaign.html

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: The Brexit betrayal is happening - Stop Boris
« Reply #608 on: Jun 10, 2019, 08:59:09 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Jeremy Hunt becomes the Stop Boris candidate as Cabinet 'kingmakers' Penny Mordaunt and Amber Rudd join Foreign Secretary's leadership bid with vicious swipes at Johnson's lack of a Brexit plan

* The Conservative Party leadership battle has formally kicked off today with nominations opening at 10am
* Four of the biggest players in the contest have been staging their official launches in Westminster today
* Rivals Jeremy Hunt, Dominic Raab and Matt Hancock took aim at Boris Johnson as the battle heated up
* Mr Johnson is also facing a major backlash for his pledge of tax cuts for higher earners on up to £80,000
* Some of the 11 candidates have been struggling to get support from eight MPs needed to get on the ballot
* Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd and Defence Secretary Penny Mordaunt endorsed Jeremy Hunt
*  Environment Secretary Michael Gove is fighting to stay in the contest after admitting to cocaine use

By James Tapsfield, Political Editor, For Mailonline and David Wilcock, Whitehall Correspondent For Mailonline
Published: 08:30, 10 June 2019 | Updated: 14:30, 10 June 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7123233/FIVE-PMs-knocked-Tory-contest-TODAY.html

Last Edit by Gladstone

EU - preparing quietly an e-border for N.Ireland . . . Secret
« Reply #609 on: Jun 11, 2019, 01:38:04 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Labour to launch bid to block new PM from forcing no-deal Brexit
« Reply #610 on: Jun 11, 2019, 01:33:11 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

theguardian.com
http://www.theguardian.com/

Labour to launch bid to block new PM from forcing no-deal Brexit
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/11/labour-to-launch-bid-to-block-new-pm-from-forcing-no-deal-brexit

'Labour will on Wednesday launch the first step in an audacious cross-party parliamentary bid to block a new prime minister forcing a no-deal Brexit, backed by the former Conservative minister Oliver Letwin and the SNP, Liberal Democrats and Greens.

Jeremy Corbyn has tabled a cross-party motion that, if passed, would give MPs control of the parliamentary agenda on 25 June, which they could then potentially use to begin legislation to prevent leaving the EU without a deal.

Labour will use its opposition day debate on Wednesday to attempt to pass the motion – which will need to secure the support of Conservative MPs. Unlike typical opposition day debates, the motion, if passed, will be binding. Several Tory leadership candidates, including Boris Johnson, Andrea Leadsom, Dominic Raab and Esther McVey, have vowed they will take the UK out of the EU on 31 October, regardless of whether a deal is in place.

Raab has also refused to rule out the option of proroguing parliament in order to force through no deal – something other candidates have said they would not countenance.

Keir Starmer, the shadow Brexit secretary, said the debate over no deal in the Tory leadership contest had “descended into the disturbing, the ludicrous and the reckless” and had forced MPs to act.

Letwin, who has backed Michael Gove in the Tory leadership contest, is likely to face criticism from party colleagues for supporting the move.'

Read More : Labour to launch bid to block new PM from forcing no-deal Brexit

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

RT - Russia Today

New PM? So what! EU tells Tory leadership hopefuls to forget about negotiating new Brexit deal
http://www.rt.com/uk/461591-eu-brexit-negotiation-pm/

'The appointment of a new UK prime minister changes nothing when it comes to the Brexit deal on the table, the EU commission confirmed, warning Tory leadership candidates that there will be no renegotiation.

A spokesperson for the EU Commission told reporters in Brussels on Tuesday, that a change of personnel at the top of the UK government will not open the door to material changes within the pact agreed by the bloc and Britain.

Everybody knows what is on the table. What is on the table has been approved by all member states and the election of a new prime minister will of course not change the parameters. A number of leadership contenders including Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Jeremy Hunt and Sajid Javid have stated their intent to broker a better deal.

Johnson has claimed he could withhold the Brexit divorce deal money (£39 billion) in order to force the EU into coming back to the negotiating table. While Gove has insisted he could bring about a “full stop” to the controversial Irish backstop plan.

The EU Commission spokesperson added that Brussels was on a “Brexit break” and that it would also ”refrain from any positions or opinions that would risk interfering with the ongoing leadership contest in the Conservative party.”'

Read More : New PM? So what! EU tells Tory leadership hopefuls to forget about negotiating new Brexit deal

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

express.co.uk
http://www.express.co.uk/

'You get £800,000 in EU funding!' Brexiteer MP exposes lobby groups Project Fear Brexit
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1138499/brexit-news-bbc-news-tory-leadership-contest-deal-no-deal-cbi-dominic-raab-video

A BREXITEER exposed a representative of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) pushing for a comprehensive trade deal with the EU by revealing that the organisation received £800,000 funding from the European bloc.

The awkward exchange took place on BBC’s Sunday Politics show when Tory MP Andrea Jenkyns took issue with the idea that the UK had to leave the EU with a deal. The CBI’s Head of EU Negotiations Nicole Sykes insisted that leaving without a deal would be hugely damaging for UK industries, but Ms Jenkyns spotted a critical chink in her armour and exploited it. She explained:

“I’m not surprised the CBI is taking this stance because let’s not forget the history of the CBI - they wanted to be part of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, they wanted us to join the euro.

“And my understanding is that in a five year period they’ve received £800,000 from EU funding.

“So they’re not going to bite the hand that feeds them.”

Ms Sykes appeared both flustered and frustrated by the remarks but admitted that there was truth in them.

It might be something around there but we sell them survey data.”

Ms Jenkyns said that she would be supporting Dominic Raab in the Tory leadership contest.

The former Brexit Secretary said that he would not rule out suspending parliament to force Brexit through with or without a deal.

He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “I think it’s wrong to rule out any tool to make sure that we leave by the end of October.”'

Read More : 'You get £800,000 in EU funding!' Brexiteer MP exposes lobby groups Project Fear Brexit

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

Remainer MPs LOSE crucial vote on blocking No Deal by to 309 to 298
« Reply #613 on: Jun 12, 2019, 12:02:25 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: Remainer MPs LOSE crucial vote on blocking No Deal by to 309 to 298
« Reply #614 on: Jun 13, 2019, 01:33:58 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Last Edit by Palmerston

https://www.davidicke.com/article/541417/mps-defeat-motion-seeking-block-no-deal-brexit

Last Edit by Gladstone

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Police Investigating Mystery Man Who Claims He ‘BURNED’ Brexit Party Votes
https://www.politicalite.com/peterborough-by-election/exclusive-police-investigating-mystery-man-who-claims-he-burned-brexit-party-votes/

A MAN understood to be a Labour supporter living in Peterborough has caused a flurry of outrage on Twitter after boasting that he ‘burned’ postal votes that – if true – would have helped The Brexit Party’s Candidate Mike Greene WIN the by-election.

Police are now investigating the man, named Alan Roddis, who made the claim in a closed group called ‘Peterborough Politics’ – a popular local discussion forum on Facebook that Politicalite has previously exposed as promoting extreme and anti-semitic ideologies, including many made by local Labour activists.

BUZZ
Tweet

A MAN understood to be a Labour supporter living in Peterborough has caused a flurry of outrage on Twitter after boasting that he ‘burned’ postal votes that – if true – would have helped The Brexit Party’s Candidate Mike Greene WIN the by-election.

Police are now investigating the man, named Alan Roddis, who made the claim in a closed group called ‘Peterborough Politics’ – a popular local discussion forum on Facebook that Politicalite has previously exposed as promoting extreme and anti-semitic ideologies, including many made by local Labour activists.

The Labour supporter made his claim in the closed Facebook page run by controversial Cllr Darren Fower.

“She [Lisa Forbes] got nominated (elected) because 3 people including me burned over a [sic] 1000 votes for TBP [The Brexit Party], and laughed while doing it” said Mr Roddis, whose brother – also active in the predominantly Labour-leaning, Hamas-supporting group – is understood to be a supporter of Lisa Forbes.

Once the comment was leaked, people took to various social media platforms to demand an investigation, but as of yet, the man has refused to answer any follow-up questions.

One concerned voter, who took to a Vote Leave online group chat, asked its admin if anyone from The Brexit Party was taking action to investigate Roddis’ claim, to which they confirmed that they indeed had.

Police are now understood to be ‘looking into the matter’.

For now, we are unsure if the comment is a hoax or if it is just another example of serious electoral fraud to have taken place in Peterborough. Either way, Alan Roddis and his claims warrant investigating.

We contacted Alan Roddis via the ominous Facebook profile, along with his brother, yet received no reply.

The comment has since curiously been quickly taken down.

Politicalite will provide updates as the story develops.

Last Edit by Gladstone

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

The Daily Mail

BBC defies calls to dump Jo Brand after comic 'joked' that anti-Brexit protesters should use ACID instead of milkshakes to douse politicians like Nigel Farage
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7133231/Jo-Brand-jokes-throwing-battery-acid-unpleasant-politicians.html

'The BBC has defied calls to sack comedian Jo Brand after she suggested on a Radio 4 panel show that protesters should throw acid instead of milkshakes at right wing politicians.

Nigel Farage accused the 61-year-old of 'inciting violence' and called on the police to act after her comments on an episode of Heresy.

The remarks triggered an angry backlash and there were calls for her to be axed by the corporation.

Host Victoria Coren Mitchell asked Brand last night whether she believed the country was united in agreeing we are living through a 'terrible' time in politics. The 61-year-old responded by calling milkshake a 'pathetic' thing for people to have thrown at their political opponents during May's EU election campaigning.

She said: 'Well yes I would say that, but I think that's because certain unpleasant characters are being thrown to the fore and they're very, very easy to hate.

'And I'm kind of thinking, 'why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?'

'I'm not going to do it, it's purely a fantasy, but I think milkshakes are pathetic, I honestly do, sorry.'

Yesterday the BBC was inundated with complaints and they were accused of 'hypocrisy after bosses sacked Radio 5 Live presenter Danny Baker over offensive behaviour - but stood by Brand.

A spokesman said: 'Heresy is a long-running comedy programme where, as the title implies and as our listeners know, panellists often say things which are deliberately provocative and go against societal norms but are not intended to be taken seriously.''

Read More : BBC defies calls to dump Jo Brand after comic 'joked' that anti-Brexit protesters should use ACID instead of milkshakes to douse politicians like Nigel Farage

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Police Investigating Mystery Man Who Claims He ‘BURNED’ Brexit Party Votes
https://www.politicalite.com/peterborough-by-election/exclusive-police-investigating-mystery-man-who-claims-he-burned-brexit-party-votes/

Not sure if the mystery man was telling the truth.

I think that as a marginal seat it was very, very, very vulnerable to election fraud - because the margin of victory is measured in 100s of votes, not 1,ooo's . . . easy to fix.

On the other hand, twitter is full of bull shit artists with mouths and keyboards bigger than their brains.

Another distinct possibility is that election fraud did take place, BUT nothing to do with the idiot loud mouth on twitter. Consider how the voters voted in the referendum and the polling data showing Brexit Party rising in every single poll. BUT I would expect a very professional team to sabotage the vote, not the kind of people who would boast and brag on twitter.

Oh well.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Chuka Umunna, Remainer, New World Order minion; his humilation continues
« Reply #618 on: Jun 14, 2019, 01:50:48 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

theguardian.com

Chuka Umunna joins Liberal Democrats after quitting Change UK
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/13/chuka-umunna-joins-liberal-democrats-after-quitting-change-uk

'Chuka Umunna, who left Labour in February to found the Independent Group, has switched party once again and joined the Liberal Democrats.

The Streatham MP was one of six MPs who left the fledgling party he helped to create earlier this month, after a series of disagreements over strategy.

Change UK, initially called The Independent Group, had hoped to reshape the centre-ground of British politics and provide a home for MPs disillusioned with both of the main parties. But it split acrimoniously after polling 3% at the European elections. Just days before the election, its interim leader Heidi Allen, the former Conservative MP, threatened to resign after a disagreement over whether the brand new party should urge its supporters to vote Lib Dem.

Umunna had since been courted by Sir Vince Cable’s resurgent party, who have successfully positioned themselves as the leading anti-Brexit party. He told the Times he was prepared for criticism of his second change of party in four months.

“I’ve got a pretty thick skin,” he said. “You don’t leave all of the political security of what are the two main parties if you’re out for self-advancement. And I’m not sure what more I could do to prove that I’m not, not a careerist.”

He said he had believed there were “millions of politically homeless people that wanted a new option on the ballot paper — I was wrong on that”.

Cable said he had “developed a relationship – I would say friendship – over quite a long period of time,” with Umunna, who previously said he “never felt totally comfortable in the Labour party”.

Change UK now consists of just five MPs, led by the former Conservative Anna Soubry – and announced on Thursday that it had been forced to change its name again, after a legal challenge from campaign group Change.org. It will now be called the Independent Group for Change.'

Read More : Chuka Umunna joins Liberal Democrats after quitting Change UK

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: The Brexit betrayal is happening - Next Prime Minister Boris ?
« Reply #619 on: Jun 14, 2019, 01:51:53 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

The Daily Mail

Boris Johnson is on course for No10 after topping first round of Tory leadership vote with backing from 114 MPs, ahead of Jeremy Hunt on 43 and Gove on 37 - but Leadsom, McVey and Harper are all OUT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7136315/Would-PMs-frantically-lobby-Tory-MPs-brace-vote.html

'Boris Johnson took a massive step towards Downing Street today as he stormed home in the opening round of the Tory leadership battle.

The former foreign secretary topped the secret ballot with backing from 114 MPs - ahead of Jeremy Hunt in second with 43.

The higher-than-expected score for Mr Johnson - which drew gasps in the Committee Room 14 when it was announced - means he is almost guaranteed to make the final run-off among Tory members.

Bookmakers immediately slashed the odds on Mr Johnson being the next PM from 4/9 to 1/5. Environment Secretary Michael Gove was third on 37, after his campaign was badly damaged by his cocaine admission over the weekend. Former Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab received 26 votes, Sajid Javid 23 and Matt Hancock 20.

Aid Secretary Rory Stewart just squeezed over the threshold of 17 votes needed from the total of 313 to continue to the next round, with 19. He immediately launched an excoriating attack on Mr Johnson, vowing to 'bring him down' if he became PM and tried to force No Deal by suspending Parliament.

But three hopefuls have been axed from the next stage of the contest after failing to get over the hurdle.

Andrea Leadsom, Mark Harper and Esther McVey were kicked out with 11, 10 and nine votes respectively. The outcome means that the competition is now all-male.

The battle for the keys to No10 will now intensify as the contenders vie for support from those eliminated - with the potential for others to drop out now they have taken the temperature of the parliamentary party. Allies of Mr Johnson have been urging Mr Raab to drop out, telling reporters that fighting on would be 'indulgence'.

A spokesman for Mr Johnson said: 'We are happy with the result but there is still a long way to go in the contest. The challenge now is to hold the number that we have.''

Read More : Boris Johnson is on course for No10 after topping first round of Tory leadership vote with backing from 114 MPs, ahead of Jeremy Hunt on 43 and Gove on 37 - but Leadsom, McVey and Harper are all OUT

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

Britain will NOT leave the EU this year even with No Deal - says EU
« Reply #620 on: Jun 15, 2019, 01:40:33 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

The Daily Mail

Britain will NOT leave the EU this year even with No Deal, Brussels warns amid claims Boris Johnson will U-turn on his promise to leave on October 31
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7143569/Britain-NOT-leave-EU-year-No-Deal-Brussels-warns.html

Britain is unlikely to leave the European Union this year – even in the event of No Deal, Brussels said last night.

Eurocrats say they are convinced Boris Johnson will be the next prime minister, but that he will U-turn on his promise to leave on October 31 come what may.

Even in the event of a cliff-edge exit, they believe EU leaders would sign off on a short extension for a 'controlled No Deal' which would last into the beginning of 2020.

However, EU officials are working on the assumption that Mr Johnson will not insist on forcing through No Deal because this would trigger a no confidence vote by MPs and end his premiership.

Instead, they expect him to use his 'charm and charisma' to sell an amended version of the current deal which Theresa May was not capable of delivering.

A senior EU source said: 'A lot of people are scared about Boris, but I don't think he is the worst of all.

'I think Boris can sell things back home that Theresa May probably couldn't...

If people really brief Boris and talk him through the implications of No Deal, I think he will really think twice.'

Another senior source added: 'Whatever happens, you'll probably end up with a short-term extension of two or three months.

'It will either be a short extension for a controlled No Deal, or to allow for getting a deal to pass through the [UK] parliament.'

Source   - Daily Mail

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

theguardian.com

EU security Commissioner: Pro-Kremlin media 'spread false claims that EU has Nazi roots'
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/14/pro-kremlin-media-spread-false-eu-nazi-roots-european-elections

'Pro-Kremlin social media accounts spread false claims that the EU has Nazi roots, the European commissioner for security has said in the first analysis of disinformation acts aimed at influencing last month’s EU elections.

Malicious actors sought to promote extreme views and polarise local debates, said Julian King, the British commissioner in Brussels.

Although there were no “spectaculars” such as the major email hacks that tarnished the 2016 US presidential election, social media accounts promoting a pro-Russian narrative were active in amplifying divisive content on the internet, King said. Countries targeted by bots and fake accounts in the run-up to the elections at the end of May included the UK, Poland, Latvia, Spain and France.

King said: “There was an issue in Poland where false reports by [the Russian state news agency] Sputnik which, let’s be polite, let’s call it as pro-Kremlin outfit, was reporting that the EU had made Poland poorer than it was under communism.

“Another story they were running was that President [Emmanuel] Macron wants to expel some current member states from the EU therefore making any suggestion that others might join redundant.

“There was use of a fake account twitter account that is linked to Russia, and at the same time a pro-Russian Facebook group, to push an old report, a 2016 report, by the Katehon thinktank, claiming that the EU has Nazi roots. And that was accelerated and spread widely in the run-up to the elections.”

The Katehon thinktank, a Christian rightwing outfit, claimed three years ago that the Nazi vision of a “united Europe” had formed the basis for the foundation of the EU.'

Read More : EU security Commissioner: Pro-Kremlin media 'spread false claims that EU has Nazi roots'

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

tahoeblue

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
Sounds about right ... hmmm .. It seems to me that the eu was created by the same people that funded Hitler

... the EU had made Poland poorer than it was under communism

theguardian.com

EU security Commissioner: Pro-Kremlin media 'spread false claims that EU has Nazi roots'
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/14/pro-kremlin-media-spread-false-eu-nazi-roots-european-elections

Last Edit by Gladstone

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Sounds about right ... hmmm .. It seems to me that the eu was created by the same people that funded Hitler

Last Edit by Palmerston

Under the 3rd Reich, they planned on using Eastern Europe as a Slave Race . . . went and did that whole invasion thing . . . bit of an expensive mistake. The Slaves needed feeding, and the 3rd Riech simply lacked the means to feed itself, let alone a few more extra million mouths. It was all a bit of a disaster.

Now, under the 4th Reich, they get Slaves from Eastern Europe  . . . but this time the Slaves pay for the Tickets  . . . This time the Slaves have to feed, clothe, and house themselves at their own expense.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: The Brexit betrayal is an un-happening
« Reply #624 on: Jun 15, 2019, 03:57:47 pm »

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• InfoWarrior
Been reviewing the history of the Parliamentary Select Committees. Very effective. I did my Porton down, DSTL research based on one of their hearings.

https://bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005syq

There's a mumble in the grapevine that a special powers (necessary) Select Committee might be set up to finalise Brexit. I think, to counter and discourage all the deliberate intransigence by the 'Yah-Boo' MP collective.

Lots of power to bring anyone, to account, sworn to oath if necessary. Rumour is, it may be needed to sort out the unhelpful american federal-style influences ruining Brexit.

Also media cultural & sports committees might like to wade in, I'd hope to sock the likes of Twitter around the head a few times, for meddling in sovereign british affairs of state.

Last Edit by Gladstone