You are Here:
Official Hurricane Harvey / Houston Thread

Author (Read 4474 times)

Re: Official Hurricane Harvey / Houston Thread
« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2017, 12:01:15 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Have you ever seen the real church? What if I told you it's more likely to exist impromptu like here in a relief shelter in Houston?

Daggumit. This was a beautiful video of a large black woman singing her heart out at a relief shelter in Houston. It was truly awesome. Now the video's gone.

Last Edit by Palmerston
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2017, 12:15:00 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
P.S. thanks EG

Last Edit by Palmerston

Actually its Palmerston that is editing the videos, I'm only doing the ones that are to complicated for him, things like ones with playlists.

Last Edit by Palmerston
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

Re: Official Hurricane Harvey / Houston Thread - Receding waters warning
« Reply #27 on: Sep 07, 2017, 01:40:25 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
DON'T wade through the receding waters. It's completely infested with vermin, populated by gators, and polluted.

The water's been standing for weeks now.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Re: Official Hurricane Harvey - Mexican aid workers
« Reply #28 on: Sep 07, 2017, 02:39:50 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke
Mexican aid workers cross US border to help Harvey victims

BY ANDREW CHEETHAM ON 7 SEPTEMBER 2017 GMT
https://www.davidicke.com/article/426134/mexican-aid-workers-cross-us-border-help-harvey-victims

‘Mexicans aid workers are crossing the US border to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Red Cross volunteers, food and supplies were being sent to the disaster zone on Wednesday, Reuters reported.

Since coming ashore on August 25, the storm has left some 60 people dead while thousands of others have been displaced in the Gulf region of the United States.

“Mexico is ready to help those affected by Harvey,” Carlos Sada, Mexico’s deputy foreign minister for North America, told reporters in Mexico City on Tuesday. “It’s a demonstration of our neighborliness, a show of solidarity.”‘

Read more: Mexican aid workers cross US border to help Harvey victims

Last Edit by Palmerston
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

Re: Official Hurricane Harvey / Houston Thread - "Price" Gouging Mayor?
« Reply #29 on: Sep 12, 2017, 01:03:39 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
So, Sylvester "Friends Fall off Boats and Swim to Spain" Turner, has decided to take advantage of peoples' emotions surrounding this storm and raise taxes. Yea, that'll help ;)  ::)

https://abc13.com/mayor-proposes-nearly-9-percent-property-tax-increase/2404840/

Sylvester "Friends Fall off Boats and Swim to Spain" Turner

Last Edit by Palmerston

« Reply #30 on: Sep 17, 2017, 07:12:25 am »

Boudicca

• Awake
  • Awakened
Not convinced in this particular case that Harvey was engineered, although it is technically possible.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Fact of the matter is, we Know that weather modification exists (there are over 100 different US patents for it), and if hurricanes CAN be created, logic dictates that they can also be destroyed and/or steered OUT of harm's way. The fact that neither of these were, should negate the whole argument of whether these were geo-engineered or not. Sorry, but having a hurricane STALL for 3 days over a particular area, dumping trillions of gallons of rainfall on that area, known for its propensity for flooding, sounds like targeting to me. Why? Several reasons, but I think both oil pricing and wanting to justify the "climate change" agenda are at the top of the list. Plus, wasn't TEXAS designated the 'enemy' in one of those Homeland Security/FEMA/military drills a few years back?

Last Edit by Palmerston

« Reply #31 on: Sep 20, 2017, 09:49:03 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
So this is confirmation (first-hand account) that some sort of possible Texas Air National Guard action is going in the the areas around Harvey. I've been dealing with an aircraft doing turns overhead for about 30 minutes now. Two other witnesses, although no one can confirm seeing any spray as of yet.

It's a twin engine prop at the least, buzzing everyone's house at 9pm / 21:00. Also, I'm very familiar with the air lanes around here, so I know when a plane is out of place.

https://cbsnews.com/news/texas-enlists-u-s-air-force-to-spray-for-mosquitoes-after-harvey/

Problem is, it's maneuvering extremely low to the point where the pilot might even be entering private property. We own air down here too...  ;D

Last Edit by Palmerston

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
Texas Officials Forcing Hurricane Victims to Pledge Loyalty to Israel to Receive Funding—Seriously

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/hurricane-harvey-israel-pledge/

According to official documents, Hurricane Harvey victims reportedly have to agree to not "boycott Israel," in order to receive aid to rebuild their homes.
By
Rachel Blevins -
October 20, 2017

Last Edit by Palmerston

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Texas Officials Forcing Hurricane Victims to Pledge Loyalty to Israel to Receive Funding—Seriously

According to official documents, Hurricane Harvey victims reportedly have to agree to not "boycott Israel," in order to receive aid to rebuild their homes.
By
Rachel Blevins -
October 20, 2017

Last Edit by Palmerston

OMG its true.

Last Edit by Palmerston

« Reply #34 on: Oct 20, 2017, 11:04:56 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Wow. I knew about the contractors not being able to be hired by the state, but this is dealing with private home owners an hour drive from me.

IT'S ON  >:(

This could've easily been me had the water risen 6 more inches.

Last Edit by Palmerston

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
HA check this out from the other day. This a**hole mayor just has the best interest of the voters in mind doesn't he? He looks at doing what's described in the article, after the governor showed up in person with disaster relief check in hand, in person! (Mayor Turner was threatening to raise taxes if the state didn't send money)

https://empowertexans.com/around-texas/sylvester-turner-plans-bust-property-tax-cap/

There was also a story in the Houston paper about his headbutts with the Houston fire fighters. Supposedly two fire fighters refused to shake his hand publicly recently (he's failing them on his promises) and in one instance said, "I'm still your boss!"

All major incorporated cities in America are enemies of the state and of the people.

Last Edit by Palmerston

« Reply #36 on: Oct 21, 2017, 03:30:00 pm »

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior

I'm still an innocent when it comes to posting...
Couldn't figure out how to bump this any other way,
and I know there are lots of you Texans out there
who might be interested in seeing how you are being exploited by the good ole US of A !

RE: loans/grants for damage repair from Hurricane Harvey,
remember these are YOUR tax  dollars at work...
with an additional tax to you,
(known as your "freedom of speech " !)
in order  for you to rebuild  your homes.

CUI Bono ?
Not just the banks in this situation.

Dr Ron Paul's comments are well worth listening to on the accompanying video., IMO.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Re: Official Hurricane Harvey / Houston Thread - A thousand words
« Reply #37 on: Nov 04, 2017, 09:37:40 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

I'm still an innocent when it comes to posting...
Couldn't figure out how to bump this any other way,
and I know there are lots of you Texans out there
who might be interested in seeing how you are being exploited by the good ole US of A !

RE: loans/grants for damage repair from Hurricane Harvey,
remember these are YOUR tax  dollars at work...
with an additional tax to you,
(known as your "freedom of speech " !)
in order  for you to rebuild  your homes.

CUI Bono ?
Not just the banks in this situation.

Dr Ron Paul's comments are well worth listening to on the accompanying video., IMO.

Last Edit by Palmerston

The city of Dickinson retracted this clause after everyone started spreading this around. Thanks for your part Phoenix  :)

I saw this picture yesterday and I'll never forget it. This captures exactly the current times in Houston.

Last Edit by Palmerston

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
HA check this out from the other day. This a**hole mayor just has the best interest of the voters in mind doesn't he? He looks at doing what's described in the article, after the governor showed up in person with disaster relief check in hand, in person! (Mayor Turner was threatening to raise taxes if the state didn't send money)

https://empowertexans.com/around-texas/sylvester-turner-plans-bust-property-tax-cap/

There was also a story in the Houston paper about his headbutts with the Houston fire fighters. Supposedly two fire fighters refused to shake his hand publicly recently (he's failing them on his promises) and in one instance said, "I'm still your boss!"

All major incorporated cities in America are enemies of the state and of the people.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Here is an article about the confrontations between firefighters and and the mayor

Houston firefighters, mayor tangle over perceived snubs

http://chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-firefighters-mayor-tangle-over-perceived-12266924.php

The news media obsesses about Russia but is silent when American businesses have to sign a pledge of promising not to boycott Israel in order to get government contracts.  My state's governor also recently signed one of the pledges.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Re: Official Hurricane Harvey / Houston Thread - A thousand words
« Reply #39 on: Nov 05, 2017, 09:17:45 am »

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
The city of Dickinson retracted this clause after everyone started spreading this around. Thanks for your part Phoenix  :)

I saw this picture yesterday and I'll never forget it. This captures exactly the current times in Houston.

Last Edit by Palmerston

You're welcome, poseidonlost.
Just could not ,  in good conscience, let this article and DR Paul's comments slip by.

Love your photo.

Shows how some Americans sure have their priorities straight !
ROFLOL
::)

Last Edit by Palmerston

« Reply #40 on: Nov 17, 2017, 01:27:18 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #41 on: Nov 17, 2017, 11:08:02 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I wonder how folks are now getting on ?

Last Edit by Palmerston

Better than I thought. So far. Some businesses are closing up, the first wave was nightclubs of course. We lost a newspaper. (I'm only gonna miss it for the local music promotion though.) Homeless encampments are getting worse. Crime went down after the storm, but some trials and investigations were ruined. There was a 98% rental occupancy stat, but I'm not sure if that's improved or not. The Army Corps of Engineers is being sued by everyone. Getting new tax appraisals is a fight. People whose house didn't flood aren't selling their homes for any more than what they would've been worth before the storm, but investors are swooping up homes in flooded neighborhoods for two-thirds the price before the flood. A ton of infrastructure damage was inflicted that I'm scared we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of. A superfund site busted, a bridge nearby me is being re-supported or something, a huge sewage pipe busted in the middle of Houston the other day, etc....

I'm gonna be along Buffalo Bayou in a higher class part Houston tomorrow where some of the worst flooding was. It'll be my first time over there since the storm. Should be interesting.

It'll take until next year to truly find out. And a jump in oil prices to say the economy is fine.  8)

Don't forget about Rockport and the coast! Washed away down there.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #42 on: Nov 18, 2017, 07:51:15 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I guess things will never be the same again.

Stay high and dry my friend.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #43 on: Dec 07, 2017, 10:01:18 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
It's legitimately snowing in southeast Texas right now. Always seems to happen after a hurricane  :) :) :)

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #44 on: Jan 30, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Better than I thought. So far. Some businesses are closing up, the first wave was nightclubs of course. We lost a newspaper. (I'm only gonna miss it for the local music promotion though.) Homeless encampments are getting worse. Crime went down after the storm, but some trials and investigations were ruined. There was a 98% rental occupancy stat, but I'm not sure if that's improved or not. The Army Corps of Engineers is being sued by everyone. Getting new tax appraisals is a fight. People whose house didn't flood aren't selling their homes for any more than what they would've been worth before the storm, but investors are swooping up homes in flooded neighborhoods for two-thirds the price before the flood. A ton of infrastructure damage was inflicted that I'm scared we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of. A superfund site busted, a bridge nearby me is being re-supported or something, a huge sewage pipe busted in the middle of Houston the other day, etc....

I'm gonna be along Buffalo Bayou in a higher class part Houston tomorrow where some of the worst flooding was. It'll be my first time over there since the storm. Should be interesting.

It'll take until next year to truly find out. And a jump in oil prices to say the economy is fine.  8)

Don't forget about Rockport and the coast! Washed away down there.

Last Edit by Humphrey

Hey poseidonlost,

Just wondering how things are in Houston since your late update?  How is the progress on infrastructure and fixing of flooded houses?

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #45 on: Jan 30, 2018, 10:25:10 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Hey poseidonlost,

Just wondering how things are in Houston since your late update?  How is the progress on infrastructure and fixing of flooded houses?

Last Edit by Palmerston

Here's an article from the other day about the homeless situation in Galveston County just south of Houston. Last I knew, Galveston city had a population around 80,000 or so, so 800 homeless families is a pretty high number.

https://galvnews.com/news_ap/texas/article_664c5849-4f4b-53a0-8bd3-e05eb2076fa9.html

In Houston, lord knows how many there are. I personally know of one family on the verge of being homeless because they couldn't recover after the income loss even though their home wasn't flooded. At least two others I know are still living in a shell (where the walls and floors are still ripped up waiting to be replaced). I've taken a substantial financial hit, but only to the extent of having to give up some vices so far.

Infrastructure is still a scary thought. Galveston lost a good portion of it's water supply last week or so after a hard freeze of 24+ hours. I'm guessing what it really started with was the hurricane and then the freeze finally finished the job. This past month I saw tons and tons of earth laid down to fix the bayous around me. There's still dirt in the streets of neighborhoods that flooded. They got funding to fix that superfund site that broke in the bay. The courthouse in Houston is going to be closed for years I think I heard the other day. Basically any of the older buildings in Houston with basements got messed up good (this is why we don't have basements here, yet anything in Houston with some town mouse tendencies build them anyway, it's only coastal prairie swampland ya know  ::) ).

Thanks for asking. Send prayers for those who really need them. And once again don't forget Rockport and Puerto Rico. They seemed to have had it the worst.

I know this couple who moved down to Rockport just before Harvey, then evacuated back to Crosby, TX only to have to evacuate there from a chemical plant exploding for a few days because of the storm.  :-\
Myself and anyone else lucky enough not to get dealt a hand like some have here, should be thanking God every single day.

Last Edit by Humphrey

Re: Official Hurricane Harvey / Houston Thread - Chemical spills
« Reply #46 on: Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:23 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
https://chron.com/news/houston-weather/hurricaneharvey/article/Silent-Spills-Environmental-damage-from-12768677.php

County, state and federal records pieced together by the Associated Press and the Houston Chronicle reveal a far more widespread toxic impact than authorities publicly reported after the storm slammed into the Texas coast in late August, then stalled over the Houston area.

I'm pretty sure anyone would know to stay away from eating the fish lately, but this is important to be reminded of as we pass the 6 month mark. You transplants would never fish the bayou catfish, but us locals need to be reminded that we still don't know all of the environmental disasters that happened. I won't even eat fish from the intracoastal waterway yet. And those of you with well water should get it checked out.

By the way, there's STILL dirt along the curbs of the roads down here.  ???

Last Edit by Humphrey

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Some of the trailers being used as backup storage for volatile chemicals at the Arkema chemical plant in Crosby, TX hadn't reacted and exploded yet. So what did they decide to do? They called up the Houston Bomb Squad and had them wade through waist deep water to plant C4 and blow them up.

Oh sure, and why is this not the main story? I mean the big thing here is supposed to be about the environment and health hazards. Why would they blow up trailers that hadn't gone off yet? This makes no sense.

Quite a few bombs round these parts lately...

Arkema was not prepared for Harvey rainfall: Report

https://abc13.com/grand-jury-will-decide-if-arkema-officials-to-face-criminal-charges/3516510/

Oh yea btw,
New photos, released to ABC13 by the Environmental Protection Agency show the huge fireball after the Houston Police Department bomb squad lit the trailers on fire using C4.

LMAO they 'lit them on fire with C4,' but a child with CO2 and coke bottles made bombs/IEDs at the school last week.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #48 on: Sep 10, 2018, 08:55:39 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Hey, things are brewing in the gulf. And Gulag family comes fifth in importance to me, no matter how much y'all are annoying me politically. I'm serious, you need any extra help, you let me know. I'll be here for a Cat 5 or whatever God sends us. And I'm an experienced flood driver.  :-\ (No out-of-towner knows what avenue islands are really for  ;D )

Last Edit by Humphrey

Re: Texas Hurricane Thread
« Reply #49 on: Jul 25, 2020, 04:35:54 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
This day, the twenty-fifth day of July, in the year of our Lord two-thousand and twenty.

Yea it's not really THAT big of a deal. If Corpus needs help, let us know.

Last Edit by Larry