You are Here:
Trump on Syria ?

Author (Read 41355 times)

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

RT - Russia Today

Organ theft, staged attacks: UN panel details White Helmets’ criminal activities, media yawns
http://www.rt.com/op-ed/447385-white-helmets-un-panel/

'Utter silence. That is the sound of Western corporate media days after a more than one-hour-long panel on the White Helmets at the United Nations on December 20.

Journalists were present, so the silence isn’t due to lack of access. And in any case it was live streamed on the UNTV channel, and remains available on Youtube for keen observers to watch.

More likely, the silence is due to the irrefutable documentation presented on the faux-rescue group’s involvement in criminal activities, which include organ theft, working with terrorists — including as snipers — staging fake rescues, thieving from civilians, and other non-rescuer behaviour.

On the panel was one of corporate media's favourite targets to smear, British journalist Vanessa Beeley, who gave a fact-based lecture on her years of research into the founding, funding and nefarious activities of the White Helmets, research which includes numerous visits to White Helmets centers, countless testimonies from Syrian civilians, and even an interview with a White Helmets leader in Dara'a al-Balad, Syria. Spam_A Spam_B Maxim Grigoriev, the director of the Foundation for the Study of Democracy (a member of the UN’s Global Counter-Terrorism Research Network) spoke at length, detailing some of the over 100 eyewitnesses his foundation has conducted interviews with.

These include over 40 White Helmets members, 15 former terrorists, 50 people from areas where terrorists and WH operated, with another over 500 interviewed by survey in Aleppo and Daraa.

Among testimonies presented by Grigoriev were numerous accounts of the White Helmets' involvement in organ theft.

A head of nursing in Aleppo is cited as seeing the body of his neighbour who had been taken by the White Helmets to Turkey for “treatment”. “I lifted the sheet and saw a large wound cut from the throat to the stomach… I touched him with my hand and understood there were clearly no organs left.”

Another interviewee said: “A person receives a minor injury, is rescued… and then brought back with their stomach cut open and with their internal organs missing.”

The interviews with civilians, White Helmets and terrorist members themselves put to rest NATO’s and their lapdog media’s explanations that in the White Helmets there are a few bad apples but in general these are humanitarian rescuers.'

Read More : Organ theft, staged attacks: UN panel details White Helmets’ criminal activities, media yawns

Icke

Last Edit by Larry
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

Re: Trump on Syria ? - Trump agreed to - "re-evaluate Syria evacuation"
« Reply #1051 on: Dec 31, 2018, 07:03:21 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Press TV

Trump agreed to reevaluate Syria evacuation: Graham
http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/12/31/584447/US-Trump-Syria-evacuation-pause-Graham

US President Donald Trump has agreed to reevaluate his decision to immediately leave Syria, says Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, noting that the 30-day evacuation plan is now in a “pause situation.”

The remarks by Graham came on Sunday after he met with Trump and General Joseph Dunford, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, to discuss the president’s surprising announcement.

"After discussions with the president and Dunford, I never felt better about where we are headed. I think we're slowing things down in a smart way," the South Carolina Republican, who is a close ally of Trump, told reporters at the White House. Spam_A Spam_B "But the goal has always been the same. To be able to leave Syria and make sure ISIS never comes back," he added, using another acronym for Daesh.

"I think we're in a pause situation where we are reevaluating what's the best way to achieve the president's objective of having people pay more and do more," he said, probably referring to Trump’s assurances to some generals that he was willing to extend the deadline.

Read More : Trump agreed to reevaluate Syria evacuation: Graham

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

Re: Trump on Syria ?
« Reply #1052 on: Jan 05, 2019, 07:54:32 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Let's guess which swamp creature told Trump he does not get to decide when the US leaves Syria or any other country.   This once again highlights that the US president is just a figure head with no power.

Trump gives no timetable for pullout from 'sand and death' Syria

US president continues to back off from initial order for rapid exit, says he wants to protect Kurdish fighters.

https://aljazeera.com/news/2019/01/trump-timetable-syria-troop-withdrawal-190102193953768.html

US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday the United States would get out of Syria "over a period of time" and that he wants to protect the US-backed Kurdish fighters in the country as Washington draws down troops.

Trump did not provide a timetable for the planned military exit from Syria, which he described as "sand and death".

The US president unexpectedly announced the troop pull-out last month against the advice of top national security aides and without consulting politicians or US allies participating in the fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS).

Defense Secretary James Mattis unexpectedly resigned after the announcement and Brett McGurk, the US's top envoy in the fight against ISIL, announced he would be leaving his post earlier than expected due to the decision.

No timetable
During a Cabinet meeting at the White House in front of reporters, Trump said he had never set a reported four-month timetable for the withdrawal of 2,000 American troops stationed in Syria amid a battle against ISIL.

"We're getting out and we're getting outsmart," Trump said. "I never said I'm getting out tomorrow." He declined to say how long troops would remain in Syria.

In recent days, Trump appeared to back off from the rapid pull-out he initially ordered and stressed that the operation would be slow.

"We're slowly sending our troops back home to be with their families, while at the same time, fighting Isis [Islamic State] remnants," he said on Twitter on Monday.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said he came out of a recent lunch with Trump feeling reassured about the Syria policy.

Graham told reporters that Trump was committed to making sure Turkey did not clash with the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) forces once US troops leave Syria and was assuring the NATO ally that it would have a buffer zone in the region to help protect its own interests.

Ankara views YPG as a terrorist organisation and claims the group is an extension of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which has waged attacks on Turkish soil since the 1980s.

More at the link ---> https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/01/trump-timetable-syria-troop-withdrawal-190102193953768.html

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #1053 on: Jan 05, 2019, 08:32:07 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

But . . .

What is the likelihood that they just creep and sneak back across the border on a technicality into Iraq ?

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

« Reply #1054 on: Jan 05, 2019, 08:45:53 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I think it is highly likely if the Iraq government furthers aligns with Iran. I will not pretend to be an expert on Iraq, but I believe the goal of the US command is to ensure that Iraq is divided and destablized country.

Oh, its back to business for US military industrial complex in Syria.

U.S. RAMPS UP BOMBING OF ISIS IN EASTERN SYRIA FOLLOWING TRUMP WITHDRAWAL ANNOUNCEMENT

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/03/syria-bombing-troop-withdrawal/

AFTER PRESIDENT DONALD Trump announced the withdrawal of 2,000 troops from Syria last month, the U.S. military ramped up its bombing campaign against the Islamic State’s remaining territory in the eastern part of the country, according to sources on the ground and photographs we obtained.

The fiercest attacks in the past week have occurred in Al Kashmah, a village on the Euphrates River near the border with Iraq, according to three sources in eastern Syria. Amid U.S. airstrikes and artillery fire by the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces, civilians and family members of ISIS fighters fled to villages to the south, the sources said. While Al Kashmah has not yet fallen, the only people remaining there are fighters representing what has become the front line of the war against ISIS in Deir al-Zour province.

The ISIS fighters are clustered in villages along the Euphrates, from the border with Iraq to south of Hajin, a former ISIS stronghold that fell to the SDF, a Kurdish-led militia, in mid-December. There are about 50,000 to 60,000 people who remain in those areas, according to a civilian activist in Deir al-Zour who documents rights abuses and asked not to be named out of safety concerns. “The civilians in these areas have no place to go or hide from the U.S. bombardment of their villages,” the activist said, noting that the residents have been harmed at the hands of the Syrian government, the United States, and ISIS alike.

The ISIS-held villages along the Euphrates have been the targets of U.S. bombing sorties since November as part of Operation Roundup. In addition to military targets, Operation Roundup bombed civilian areas, including a hospital, The Intercept and Al Jazeera reported last month.

More at the link --->  https://theintercept.com/2019/01/03/syria-bombing-troop-withdrawal/

Last Edit by Gladstone

Journalist Warns about Media fawning over US generals
« Reply #1055 on: Jan 05, 2019, 09:08:54 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Really not sure if this is the best place to put this, but considering the US Media continues to prop up the security state, one journalist gives a warning to his collegues which was "leaked" to the public. I think that the email rather tame in its criticism but the fact that it gained so much attention speaks to the state of journalism in the US.    Small excerpt below for the rest follow the link.

https://medium.com/@ggreenwald/full-email-from-william-arkin-leaving-nbc-and-msnbc-1fb0d1dc692b

Somewhere in all of that, and particularly as the social media wave began, it was clear that NBC (like the rest of the news media) could no longer keep up with the world. Added to that was the intellectual challenge of how to report our new kind of wars when there were no real fronts and no actual measures of success. To me there is also a larger problem: though they produce nothing that resembles actual safety and security, the national security leaders and generals we have are allowed to do their thing unmolested. Despite being at “war,” no great wartime leaders or visionaries are emerging. There is not a soul in Washington who can say that they have won or stopped any conflict. And though there might be the beloved perfumed princes in the form of the Petraeus’ and Wes Clarks’, or the so-called warrior monks like Mattis and McMaster, we’ve had more than a generation of national security leaders who sadly and fraudulently have done little of consequence. And yet we (and others) embrace them, even the highly partisan formers who masquerade as “analysts”. We do so ignoring the empirical truth of what they have wrought: There is not one county in the Middle East that is safer today than it was 18 years ago. Indeed the world becomes ever more polarized and dangerous.

As perpetual war has become accepted as a given in our lives, I’m proud to say that I’ve never deviated in my argument at NBC (or at my newspaper gigs) that terrorists will never bedefeated until we better understand why they are driven to fighting. And I have maintained my central view that airpower (in its broadest sense including space and cyber) is not just the future but the enabler and the tool of war today.

Seeking refuge in its political horse race roots, NBC (and others) meanwhile report the story of war as one of Rumsfeld vs. the Generals, as Wolfowitz vs. Shinseki, as the CIA vs. Cheney, as the bad torturers vs. the more refined, about numbers of troops and number of deaths, and even then Obama vs. the Congress, poor Obama who couldn’t close Guantanamo or reduce nuclear weapons or stand up to Putin because it was just so difficult. We have contributed to turning the world national security into this sort of political story. I find it disheartening that we do not report the failures of the generals and national security leaders. I find it shocking that we essentially condone continued American bumbling in the Middle East and now Africa through our ho-hum reporting.

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #1056 on: Jan 06, 2019, 07:56:06 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

The Independent

Two British soldiers, in Syria illegally, seriously injured after Isis missile attack
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-attack-british-soldiers-syria-missile-latest-news-a8713636.html

'Two British soldiers have reportedly been seriously wounded in Syria after being hit by a missile in an Isis attack.

The two soldiers are believed to be part of the army’s special forces inside the war-torn country.

The Kurdish-led People’s Protection Units (YPG) and Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) said on Saturday evening that two British soldiers were injured in an attack near the town of Deir Ezzor.

It is believed the incident happened on Saturday morning and the injured soldiers were airlifted from the scene by US forces for medical treatment.

One Kurdish fighter is also thought to have been killed in the missile strike. Spam_A Spam_B The Ministry of Defence (MoD) would not confirm reports of the attack. A spokesman for the department told The Independent: “We do not comment on special forces operations.”

The Kurdish news outlet Rudaw reported that the British troops were injured in an attack on a SDF base in Deir Ezzor, eastern Syria.

An SDF official said: “Due to a smart missile attack by Isis, a fighter of the YPG was killed and another wounded, in addition to two British soldiers.”

British special forces are believed to be on the ground in Syria as part of the US-led coalition carrying out airstrikes against Isis, although the UK government never comments on their deployment.

In March 2018, the MoD named the first British soldier killed in active duty in operations against Isis in Syria as 33-year-old Sergeant Matt Tonroe.'

Read More : Two British soldiers, in Syria illegally, seriously injured after Isis missile attack

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: Trump on Syria ? - Leaving Syria? Don’t Make Me Laugh
« Reply #1057 on: Jan 06, 2019, 07:57:03 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Leaving Syria? Don’t Make Me Laugh

It only took a few days for the Trumpster to walk back his latest bit of flatulence masquerading as a principled promise.

After talking with arch neocon simpatico Senator Lindsey Graham, Trump said the removal of troops from Syria will be a slow train—or more likely a train stalled on the tracks.

There are some things the Deep State with its penchant for endless war profiteering and creative destruction—basically order out of chaos and mass murder—will not tolerate. Demonitizing war and organized mass murder top the list of no-nos. Spam_A Spam_B First and foremost, the president does not call the shots on foreign policy—despite the “command-in-chief” descriptor—the hidden elite does.

The Donald can tweet until he is blue in the face, but little will come of it, especially now that a slew of new Trump haters are being sworn into Congress, thus further tilting the deck in favor of the elite. They will not rest until until Trump is bounced from office—either through impeachment on dubious grounds or by way of the 25th Amendment attached to a Constitution they hate—and Mike Pence the Christian Zionist is put into place like Gerald Ford after Nixon, doomed to serve a couple years at best.

After Trump is dethroned, the public can once again forget about illegal wars and crimes against humanity committed in their name (similar to the crimes committed in the name of the German people some eighty years ago).

Trump reminded the people of these transgressions, which were buried under a ton of detritus as the Donald declared he would “bomb the shit” out of the Islamic State, a psyop gone toxic. Of course, this resulted in bombing the shit out of innocent civilians, thousands of buried under re-bounced rubble, not that the American people bothered to notice, same as they didn’t care about US assistance in horrific Saudi war crimes in Yemen.

Point is: put zero credence in the words of Trump or, for that matter, any other statist politician, all whom are inveterate liars and immoral scoundrels.

It doesn’t matter who you vote for every couple years—the same master is served (the financial class and corporatists) and short of a contemporized French Revolution (sans guillotine), nothing is likely to change.

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

Netanyahu urges US to recognize Israel’s annexation of Golan
« Reply #1058 on: Jan 08, 2019, 05:46:54 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Netanyahu urges US to recognize Israel’s annexation of Golan
https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/01/07/585110/Netanyahu-US-recognize-annexation-Golan

'Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has asked a visiting senior aide to US President Donald Trump to recognize Syria’s Golan Heights as Israeli territory.

“The Golan Heights is tremendously important for our security,” Netanyahu told US National Security Adviser John Bolton after their meeting in Jerusalem al-Quds on Sunday.

Netanyahu said he was planning to take the Trump adviser on a tour of the occupied Golan Heights.

“When you’re there, you’ll be able to understand perfectly why we’ll never leave the Golan Heights and why it’s important that all countries recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights,” Netanyahu said. “I’ve discussed this with the president, and I hope I have a chance to show it to you directly tomorrow on our visit."

In 1967, the Israeli regime waged a full-scale war against Arab territories, including those of Syria, and occupied a large swathe of Syria’s Golan Heights.

In 1973, the Yom Kippur War broke out between the Israeli regime and a coalition of Arab states led by Egypt and Syria.

A year later, a UN-brokered ceasefire came into force, according to which the Israeli regime and the Syrian government agreed to separate their troops, and create a buffer zone patrolled by UN peacekeepers.

In late 1981, Israel passed the Golan Heights Law that extended the regime’s “laws, jurisdiction and administration” to the Golan Heights, effectively annexing the territory to Israel.

A few days after the law’s passage in Israel’s Knesset, UN Security Council Resolution 497 determined the law as “null and void and without international legal effect.”'

Read more: Netanyahu urges US to recognize Israel’s annexation of Golan

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: Trump on Syria ? - NO Pullout from Syria Says Bolton
« Reply #1059 on: Jan 08, 2019, 05:53:32 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

No Pullout from Syria Says Bolton
by Stephen Lendman
http://davidicke.com/article/514401/no-pullout-syria-says-bolton

US forces come to countries to stay, deployed to over three-fourths of nations worldwide, what major media never explain.

They suppress a whole lot more of what matters most, operating as press agents for Wall Street, America’s military/industrial/security complex, Big Oil, other corporate favorites, and the imperial state.

Pentagon troops will stay in Syria until (US created and supported) ISIS is defeated and Kurds (the US doesn’t give a hoot about) are protected, said Bolton on Sunday, adding:

There’s no timetable for withdrawal. “There are objectives that we want to accomplish that condition the withdrawal. The timetable flows from the policy decisions that we need to implement.”

US forces will remain in illegally controlled areas around al-Tanf, southern Syrian territory bordering Jordan and Iraq, said Bolton - on the phony pretext of countering (nonexistent) Iranian regional expansionism, its advisors aiding Damascus combat US-supported ISIS and other terrorists.

Bolton lied claiming what he called the (flagrantly illegal) legal basis for deployment US forces to Syria, saying it’s justified by the president’s constitutional authority - a bald-faced lie. Nothing of the kind exists.

Trump signaled a likely U-turn, saying “we won’t be finally pulled out until ISIS is gone…I never said we’re doing it that quickly.”

Pre-Christmas he tweeted: “We have defeated Isis in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump presidency.”

A separate video posted on Twitter said “(n)ow it’s time for our troops to come back home. They’re all coming back, and they’re coming back now.”

At the same time, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said “the United States has defeated the territorial caliphate (ISIS). We have started returning United States troops home as we transition to the next phase of this campaign.”

Trump’s pullout remarks created a bipartisan and media firestorm - ignoring US aggression against a sovereign state and illegal US occupation of northern and southern parts of the country.

In Israel on Sunday, Bolton defended the indefensible, supporting undeclared Israeli aggression against Syria, conducting repeated terror-bombing attacks on targets in the country during the ongoing war.

“For the US, (Israel’s) ability to defend itself is the ultimate mark of sovereignty,” Bolton roared, adding:

“President Trump has said repeatedly that he backs Israel’s right to self-defense” - at a time when the Jewish state’s enemies are invented ones. No real ones exist.

Bolton shamefully said “(w)e’ve got the continuing threat of Iran’s quest for deliverable nuclear weapons (sic).”

“And despite getting out of the Iran nuclear deal, despite the sanctions, we have little doubt that Iran’s leadership is still strategically committed to achieving deliverable nuclear weapons” - a bald-faced Big Lie.

The US/Israeli axis of evil is the Middle East’s greatest threat. The presence of US forces in Syria and other regional countries assures forever wars continuing, no prospects for ending them.

The likelihood of US troops leaving Syria appears slim. Clearly they’ll remain in the country for months in the new year, along with neighboring Iraq and elsewhere regionally.

VISIT MY NEW WEB SITE: stephenlendman.org (Home - Stephen Lendman). Contact at lendmanstephen@sbcglobal.net.

My newest book as editor and contributor is titled "Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III."

http://www.claritypress.com/LendmanIII.html

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #1060 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:57:53 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Bolton warns Syria against use of chemical weapons

https://reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-arms/bolton-warns-syria-against-use-of-chemical-weapons-idUSKCN1OZ0CY

“There is absolutely no change in the U.S. position against the use of chemical weapons by the Syrian regime and absolutely no change in our position that any use of chemical weapons would be met by a very strong response, as we’ve done twice before,” Bolton told reporters on his plane shortly before landing in Tel Aviv, Israel.

“So the regime, the Assad regime, should be under no illusions on that question,” said Bolton, who is on a four-day trip to Israel and Turkey.

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #1061 on: Jan 08, 2019, 09:29:01 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
First the US under Nixon says its gonna give up on chem weapons
Fast forward to Bush, and its the same story "gonna give up on chem weapons"

In other words, its a constant phreaking lie.... "gonna give up on chem weapons"
Lets also not forget that the US has used Chemical Weapons....

As for CS Gas, its a prohibited chemical weapon - unless used against peaceful protesters, in which case its just fine and dandy.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Erdoğan chides Bolton and calls on US to hand over Syria bases
« Reply #1062 on: Jan 09, 2019, 03:16:50 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

theguardian.com
http://www.theguardian.com/

Erdoğan chides Bolton and calls on US to hand over Syria bases
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/08/erdogan-us-bolton-turkey-syria-withdrawal-kurdish

'Turkey has asked Washington to hand over its bases in Syria as the Trump administration appeared to reverse plans to withdraw from the country’s north-east on Tuesday, jeopardising Ankara’s plans to launch a widespread military operation targeting Kurdish groups.

The fresh row between the two Nato allies broke out as the US national security adviser, John Bolton, visited Ankara to row back on a surprise announcement by Donald Trump in December that US forces would leave Syria imminently, abandoning Kurdish proxies who had led its ground war against the Islamic State terror group. Turkey views those same Kurdish groups as mortal foes. Spam_A Spam_B Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, in a scathing speech to parliament delivered while Bolton was still in the Turkish capital, said the US envoy had “made a serious mistake” and that Turkey would never agree to a compromise that protected the Kurdish militia, known as the YPG, whose members helped a US-led coalition push Isis out of most of Syria’s east.

“Elements of the US administration are saying different things,” said Erdoğan. “The YPG and the PKK can never be representatives of the Kurdish people.”

Erdoğan, signalling the rift, refused to meet Bolton, leaving the US national security adviser to instead hold talks with his Turkish counterpart, Ibrahim Kalin, and other officials at Ankara’s presidency complex.'

Read More : Erdoğan chides Bolton and calls on US to hand over Syria bases

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: Trump on Syria ? ‘Israeli jets’ target Damascus airport warehouse
« Reply #1063 on: Jan 12, 2019, 06:14:15 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

‘Israeli jets’ target Damascus airport warehouse, ‘most’ missiles intercepted – Syrian media
https://www.rt.com/news/448622-syria-air-defense-damascus/

Syrian air defense systems have been activated against a “number of hostile targets,” local media report, claiming that Israeli jets targeted Damascus airport but the damage was limited as most the missiles were intercepted.

A warehouse in the vicinity of Damascus International Airport was damaged in the apparent Israeli air raid, a military source told SANA, claiming that the jets fired “several missiles” from the direction of northern Israel. Syrian air defense systems were immediately activated to confront the “hostile targets,” and managed to intercept “most” of the missiles, the source claimed.

continuous months! pic.twitter.com/OEl1a0NtuH

— Prisoners of Conscie (@m3takl_en) January 9, 2019
[/size][/quote]

The damage from the strikes was “limited,” the news agency noted, without providing any details about possible casualties. No further details have yet been provided by the Syrian authorities.

In the past, Israeli forces repeatedly bombed sites in the vicinity of Damascus, claiming their right to attack ‘Iranian targets’ anywhere and at any time, but rarely admitting to having carried out such raids.

On Christmas Day, six Israeli F-16 fighter jets struck a logistics compound on the outskirts of Damascus, having come from Lebanese airspace and recklessly using two civilian flights as cover during the raid, according to the Russian Defense ministry. Syrian air defense systems thus had to limit their response to avoid civilian casualties, so two of the sixteen Israeli-launched laser-guided bombs reportedly reached their targets, wounding three people.'

Read more: ‘Israeli jets’ target Damascus airport warehouse, ‘most’ missiles intercepted – Syrian media

Icke

Last Edit by Larry

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Donald Trump warns Turkey of economic devastation if Kurdish forces attacked in Syria
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/14/donald-trump-warns-turkey-economic-devastation-kurdish-forces/

'Donald Trump warned Turkey on Sunday of economic devastation if it attacks Kurdish forces in the wake of the US troop pullout from Syria, while also urging the Kurds not to "provoke" Ankara.

The US President took to Twitter to reveal some of his latest thoughts in the slow drip-drip of information being released by his administration after his surprise December announcement of the troop withdrawal.

His top diplomat Mike Pompeo is on a whirlwind regional tour aimed at reassuring allies amid rising tensions between the US and Turkey over the fate of Washington's Syrian Kurdish allies in the fight against the Islamic State group.

Mr Pompeo also sought to reassure Washington's Kurdish allies in the fight against IS, who fear the departure of American troops would allow Turkey to attack them.

Turkey had reacted angrily to suggestions that Mr Trump's plan to withdraw troops was conditional on the safety of the US-backed Kurdish fighters, seen by the Turkish government as terrorists.

"Will devastate Turkey economically if they hit Kurds," Mr Trump tweeted, while pushing for the creation of a 20-mile (30-kilometer) "safe zone."

Starting the long overdue pullout from Syria while hitting the little remaining ISIS territorial caliphate hard, and from many directions. Will attack again from existing nearby base if it reforms. Will devastate Turkey economically if they hit Kurds. Create 20 mile safe zone....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 13, 2019

Read more: Donald Trump warns Turkey of economic devastation if Kurdish forces attacked in Syria

Icke

Last Edit by Larry

Re: Trump on Syria ? - Trump's Syria Deception
« Reply #1065 on: Jan 15, 2019, 06:46:35 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Trump's Syria Deception

Icke

Last Edit by Larry

« Reply #1066 on: Jan 15, 2019, 06:55:58 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

RT - Russia Today

Netanyahu to Iran: Get out of Syria fast, we won’t stop attacking
http://www.rt.com/news/448828-netanyahu-iran-get-out-syria/

'Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says the IDF will continue to attack Iranians in Syria. Earlier, an Israeli commander said it conducted attacks in the country on nearly a daily basis and supplied arms to Syrian rebels.

“I'm telling you, get out of there fast. We won’t stop attacking,” the prime minister said on Tuesday morning during a ceremony, in which he appointed Aviv Kochavi as the new chief of staff of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF).

Netanyahu also rejected statements by an Iranian official, who said Iran only sent military advisers to Syria and not regular fighting troops.

“They always lie. They are lying with that and they are lying when they say their attempt to launch a satellite into space failed,” he said. Spam_A Spam_B The Israeli leader was referring to the remarks made on Monday by Iranian General Hassan Firoozabadi, who said its “military advisers” will say in Syria as long as required to defeat terrorists, and an announcement on Tuesday by Iranian Communications Minister Mohammad-Javad Azari Jahromi, who said Tehran’s attempt to place a satellite into orbit had failed.

Israel is apparently drifting away from its usual policy of neither confirming nor denying military operations in Syrian territory. Last week, Gadi Eisenkot, Kochavi’s predecessor as chief of staff of the IDF, acknowledged that the Israeli military had been attacking targets in Syria on nearly a daily basis and engaged “thousands of targets” in the neighboring country. He also said that the Israeli government had been supplying arms and other support to rebel forces in Syria, confirming earlier media reports about the practice.'

Source   RT

Icke

Last Edit by Larry

Re: Trump on Syria ? - Trump's Syria Deception ?
« Reply #1067 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:02:51 am »

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Re: Trump on Syria ? - Trump's Syria Deception ?
« Reply #1068 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:11:47 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
US announces start of withdrawal troops from Syria  :-\

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/us-military-announces-start-of-syria-troop-withdrawal/2019/01/11/77455bda-1585-11e9-90a8-136fa44b80ba_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a6060ca91e2e

Last Edit by Palmerston

Trump is leaving
Trump is not leaving
Trump is leaving
Trump is not leaving
Trump is leaving
Trump is not leaving

Trump is leaving
Trump is not leaving

Trump is leaving
Trump is not leaving

Call me cynical . . .
Its like a concerted effort to stop people looking at what the US is actually doing in Syria.

Last Edit by Larry

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

zerohedge.com
http://www.zerohedge.com/

Blackwater Founder Says US Troops In Syria Could Be Replaced By Private Contractors
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-15/blackwater-founder-says-us-troops-syria-could-be-replaced-private-contractors

'Controversial founder and ex-CEO of the private security firm Blackwater, Erik Prince told Fox Business this week that private military contractors could replace the U.S. troops that are withdrawing from Syria.

Following a similar failed proposal Prince reportedly made through White House channels in 2017 to privatize the fight against the Taliban in Afghanistan — which some contractor industry analysts have suggested Trump was "sympathetic" to — it appeared Prince was attempting to pitch both Washington and the American public in the Fox interview on the "alternate" plan. “The United States doesn’t have a long-term strategic obligation to stay in Syria. But, I also think it’s not a good idea to abandon our allies,” he told Fox Business. Prince offered the plan as a solution to the administration's current stated dilemma of withdrawing troops in such a way that both protects the US-backed Kurdish SDF and prevents Iran from becoming more entrenched in the region. This way, according to Prince, private contractors could fill the void while allowing Trump to stand behind his repeat promises to end "forever wars".

“American history is filled with public and private partnerships, of places that the private sector can fill those gaps, where a very expensive military probably shouldn’t be,” Prince said. “If there is not some kind of robust capability to defend from a ground invasions from the very conventional power that the Iranians and the Syrians have, our allies will be smashed,” he continued.'

Read More : Blackwater Founder Says US Troops In Syria Could Be Replaced By Private Contractors

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #1070 on: Jan 17, 2019, 08:51:56 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
This is exactly what I was afraid of.   Is almost like ISIS does not want the US to leave Syria.   ::)

ISIS Attack in Syria Kills 4 Americans, Raising New Worries About Troop Withdrawal

https://nytimes.com/2019/01/16/world/middleeast/isis-attack-syria-troops.html

Four Americans were among 19 people killed in Syria on Wednesday in a suicide bombing that was claimed by the Islamic State, just weeks after President Trump ordered the withdrawal of United States forces and declared that the extremist group had been defeated.

The attack targeted an American military convoy in the northern city of Manbij while troops were inside the Palace of the Princes, a restaurant where they often stopped to eat during patrols, residents said. While the Americans were inside, a nearby suicide attacker wearing an explosive vest blew himself up.

The bombing raised new questions about Mr. Trump’s surprise decision last month to end the American ground war in Syria. Critics of the president’s plans, including members of his own party, said Mr. Trump’s claim of victory over the Islamic State may have emboldened its fighters and encouraged Wednesday’s strike.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Israel launches new barrage against 'Iranian' targets in Syria
« Reply #1071 on: Jan 21, 2019, 07:01:57 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

RT - Russia Today

Israel launches new barrage against 'Iranian' targets in Syria, warns against retaliation
http://www.rt.com/news/449294-syria-strike-israel-iran/

'Syrian air-defense systems have repelled an attack in the skies over Damascus, state news agency SANA has reported. The Israeli Army said it was attacking "Iranian Quds" forces and warned the Syrian military not to retaliate.

A military source cited by SANA said that Syrian air-defenses intercepted most of the Israeli missiles before they hit targets. The source added that Israel launched guided missiles from ground and air in several rounds. In a brief statement on Twitter, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) warned the Syrian Army "against attempting to harm Israeli forces or territory."

Reports on social media indicated that Israel conducted several rounds of strikes over more than half an hour.

The attacks reportedly proceeded deep into the night and stopped at around 2am local time.

SANA, citing its own correspondent, reported that the missiles were flying over Lebanese territory and the Galilee Panhandle, the northernmost part of Israel, which borders Lebanon.

Earlier on Sunday, Syrian air-defenses repelled another Israeli air raid. According to the Russian Defense Ministry, four Israeli F-16s launched guided missiles into Syrian territory. Seven missiles were intercepted, with no damage reported on the ground.'

Read More : Israel launches new barrage against 'Iranian' targets in Syria, warns against retaliation

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

12 Iranian Soldiers Killed in Israeli Strike on Syria, Watchdog Says
« Reply #1072 on: Jan 22, 2019, 06:55:23 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Haaretz.com
haaretz.com

12 Iranian Soldiers Killed in Israeli Strike on Syria, Watchdog Says
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/12-iranian-soldiers-killed-in-israeli-strike-on-syria-watchdog-says-1.6866755

Twenty-one people were killed in the extensive Israeli strikes on Syria overnight Sunday, a war watchdog reported on Tuesday, adding that at least 12 of them were members of Iran's Revolutionary Guards.

According to the report by the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, six of those killed in the attack were Syrian soldiers and militiamen and the rest were "foreigners." The Israeli military said that it struck Syrian and Iranian targets in Syria, including sites of the Guards' Quds Force, in response to a surface-to-surface missile toward northern Israel a day earlier. Israel said the targets included munition storage facilities, an intelligence site and a military training camp, as well as a number of Syrian air defense batteries.

The Russian military and the Syrian air force did not activate their more advanced systems, the S-300, nor the S-400, which is operated by Russian soliders alone.

Israel said that the strike was a respose to the missile attack, which it says was Iranian-made and launched by Iranian forces in Syria. The missile was intercepted by the Iron Dome air-defense system.

Read More : 12 Iranian Soldiers Killed in Israeli Strike on Syria, Watchdog Says

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

Syria threatens to ‘strike Tel Aviv airport’
« Reply #1073 on: Jan 23, 2019, 05:28:26 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

RT - Russia Today

Syria threatens to ‘strike Tel Aviv airport’ unless UNSC acts against Israel’s impunity
http://www.rt.com/news/449463-syria-threatens-israel-airport/

'Damascus has threatened to exercise its legitimate right for self-defense against Israeli aggression and target Tel Aviv airport in a mirror response, unless the Security Council puts an end to IDF intrusions into Syrian airspace.

Apparently fed up with years of Israeli impunity in the Syrian skies and regular strikes carried out in the vicinity of Damascus International Airport, Syria has threatened to retaliate in explicit terms. “Isn’t time now for the UN Security Council to stop the Israeli repeated aggressions on the Syrian Arab Republic territories?” Syria’s permanent representative to the UN, Dr. Bashar al-Jaafari wondered Tuesday.

Or is it required to draw the attention of the war-makers in this Council by exercising our legitimate right to defend ourself and respond to the Israeli aggression on Damascus International Civil Airport in the same way on Tel Aviv Airport?

Air strikes against alleged ‘Iranian targets’ in close proximity to Syria’s busiest airport have become a norm for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), whose former chief of staff openly confessed last month to running a large-scale bombing campaign in Syria for years. Besides causing casualties and material damage by their “near-daily” strikes, Israeli combat missions into Syria have also repeatedly endangered flights operating over the conflict-torn country.

While the IDF rarely acknowledges striking specific targets in Syria, the Russian military has been keeping a close watch on IDF maneuvers over the Arab Republic. On Christmas Day, Israeli jets endangered two civilian aircraft while engaging targets in Syria, the Russian Defense Ministry said, noting that the IDF F-16s flew in as civilian jets were landing at Beirut and Damascus airports. In September, Israeli actions resulted in the death of 15 Russian servicemen after Israeli jets deliberately used Russian Il-20 recon plane as a cover and placed it into the path of a Syrian air defense missile.'

Read More : Syria threatens to ‘strike Tel Aviv airport’ unless UNSC acts against Israel’s impunity

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Press TV

White Helmets preparing to film false flag chemical attacks in Idlib: Russia
http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/01/31/587309/White-Helmets-preparing-to-film-false-flag-chemical-attacks-in-Idlib-Russia-warns

'Russia has warned that members of the so-called White Helmets civil defense group are making preparations to film scenes of staged chemical attacks in Syria’s northwestern province of Idlib in a bid to implicate Syrian government forces and invent pretexts for possible acts of aggression on army troops.

Speaking during a press briefing in the Russian capital Moscow on Thursday, Russia’s Foreign Ministry spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, said there were reports that the Western-backed group, which has been repeatedly accused of cooperating with Takfiri terrorists and staging false flag gas attacks, has installed cameras and related equipment in several hospitals across Idlib to film the purported victims of fake chemical attacks. “Tensions around the Idlib de-escalation zone are not on the decline,” Zakharova pointed out, adding, “Hayat Tahrir al-Sham militants, who are running the show there, do not only shell nearby settlements on a daily basis, but are also actively beefing up their presence near the contact line with Syrian government forces.”

The diplomat also expressed deep concern over incoming reports that the terrorists “have not abandoned efforts to stage a chemical attack against civilians.”

Zakharova concluded that Moscow has urged Washington to withdraw its troops from Syria as soon as possible, calling for the return of all Syrian territories to the Damascus government's control.

The Russian Defense Ministry said on September 11, 2018 that foreign-sponsored terrorists had started filming scenes of a staged chemical attack in Idlib province.'

Read More : White Helmets preparing to film false flag chemical attacks in Idlib: Russia

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone