You are Here:
Can't Listen To Alex. Just Can't

Author (Read 33810 times)

Re: Can't Listen To Alex. Just Can't
« Reply #425 on: Mar 14, 2018, 08:52:36 pm »

Q

• Sr. InfoWarrior
Jones is CRAPPING himself about this Georgetown lawsuit. Hilariously, he says that if he loses then the 1st Amendment will need to be re-written LOL! No Alex, 1A does not protect you from the consequences of defaming people. He also says he will fight them on the beaches and never surrender etc etc..I am reminded of the Chobani episode:

After the most ridiculous display of belly up to the bar bravado, and vowing to make his stand in the yoghurt aisle against the evil muzzlums, and screaming that he will not back down, Alex Jones has indeed now punked out of the Chobani lawsuit, buried right at the end of his show yesterday (5/17 end of 4th hour).

Jones apologized and retracted all statements and deleted all offending clips and tweets.

He might avoid future lawsuits if he refrains from lying and using defamatory statements in his dishonest clickbait fake news headlines.

The difference in this case is that Georgetown and 'Brennan Gilmore' have stated that they will not accept an apology and/or a retraction, and will not settle, so it's the long haul through the courts for Jones, which will cost him millions of $$, and he will very likely lose and have to pay millions more in plaintiff costs and damages..will the dupes pick up the tab this time?

He should have taken my advice, here again:

He might avoid future lawsuits if he refrains from lying and using defamatory statements in his dishonest clickbait fake news headlines.

Last Edit by Humphrey

Alex Jones Is Finally Getting The Defamation Lawsuit He Deserves
« Reply #426 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:00:34 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Alex Jones Is Finally Getting The Defamation Lawsuit He Deserves
The Infowars host spun a conspiracy around a witness to the Charlottesville attack. But this victim won't back down.

By Andy Campbell
13/03/2018

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/alex-jones-defamation-lawsuit_us_5aa7e4dae4b0e872b4bf22da

Alex Jones’ conspiracy playbook isn’t going to work anymore if a new lawsuit prevails.

A defamation lawsuit, filed in U.S. district court in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Tuesday against the Infowars mouthpiece and others, seeks to stop them from launching the kind of character assassinations against innocent people that have led to real-world harassment campaigns, death threats and other violent episodes.

The plaintiff, Brennan Gilmore, recorded the vehicular attack that left a counter-protester dead during a far-right rally in Charlottesville last year. Jones branded him a “deep state shill” and “CIA asset” who supposedly helped organize the car attack in order to somehow defame President Donald Trump.

Jones’ claim sounds ridiculous because it is. After Gilmore’s video went viral, Infowars and other far-right outlets latched onto his occupation ― he is a foreign service officer with the State Department ― as proof that there were “high-level CIA” and other operatives behind the violence in Charlottesville. As it turns out, white supremacists were behind the rallies, and white supremacist James Alex Fields Jr. was allegedly behind the wheel of the car that ran over Heather Heyer. Gilmore just happened to record the killing.

“What we now see is a pattern of attacks that politically motivated outlets like Infowars and the Gateway Pundit launch against witnesses and other victims of tragedies,” Gilmore said in a conference call with reporters on Tuesday. “They twisted (my) service into a story that I was a deep-state operative who had a role in organizing the violence that we saw in Charlottesville to undermine the Trump administration.”

Ever since Jones came after him, Gilmore has been the subject of all sorts of harassment, both physically and online. He’s received death threats and hacking attempts; he’s been physically accosted on the street; numerous videos featuring his name have been made about the pseudo-conspiracy; and his parents’ address was posted online, after which they received an envelope with a “powdery residue” and a threatening note, according to the lawsuit.

Gilmore is suing Jones, Gateway Pundit owner Jim Hoft, former Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) and others for “intentionally inflicting emotional distress” on him and his family members. His goal, he said, is to deter them from “repeating this dangerous pattern of defamation and intimidation.”

What’s perhaps most important about this particular lawsuit is that Gilmore and his legal counsel, Georgetown Law’s Civil Rights Clinic, don’t plan to back down if Infowars offers a settlement, as others have done in the past.

There is no amount of money we would settle for,” Gilmore told HuffPost on Tuesday, noting that he hopes a judgment against Infowars will set a “legal precedent” for future suits.

READ MORE http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/alex-jones-defamation-lawsuit_us_5aa7e4dae4b0e872b4bf22da

Last Edit by Humphrey
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

Alex Jones is a menace to society. I’m suing him.
« Reply #427 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:08:19 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Alex Jones is a menace to society. I’m suing him.

Conspiracist sites such as Jones's Infowars distorted the truth about me and about Charlottesville.

By Brennan Gilmore March 14 at 6:00 AM Follow @brennanmgilmore
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/03/14/alex-jones-is-a-menace-to-society-im-suing-him/

On Aug. 12, 32-year-old Heather Heyer was tragically killed and at least 19 others were wounded when a driver plowed his car into a crowd of counterprotesters during the weekend of the infamous “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, the close-knit college town where I went to school and where I live now.

I saw this happen right in front of me. To me, it was clearly deliberate. I captured that horrible moment on my phone’s camera, shared the video with police and posted it on social media. Not long after that, I was verbally attacked by Infowars’ Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists, who wanted to portray me as a “deep state” operative motivated by a desire to undermine President Trump and his administration. As a result, my family and I have been attacked and threatened.

That’s why I’m suing for defamation.

My footage was covered on cable news and ran all over the Internet. During interviews, I spoke clearly about the hatred and violence on display that day. After that, websites such as Infowars and the Gateway Pundit started pushing conspiracy theories.

From Infowars: “They had known CIA and State Department officials in Charlottesville, first tweeting, first being on MSNBC, CNN, NBC. The mayor is involved. Everybody is a cut-out.”

Also from Infowars: “One guy is paid 320 thousand a year on the payroll of Soros. He doesn’t just get money from Soros, he personally is paid 320 a year, and then he is there — CIA, State Department — and he is on the news.”

And from Gateway Pundit: “The random Charlottesville observer who was interviewed by MSNBC and liberal outlets turns out to be a deep state shill with links to George Soros. It looks like the State Department was involved in Charlottesville rioting and is trying to cover it up. But after Deep State got caught they are trying to erase this guy from their records.”

As I state in my suit, these statements are all aimed at me, meant to defame me and, in each case, contain disgusting fabrications.

After the conspiracy theories about me spread online, my family and I were subject to harassment, threats, hate mail and hacking attempts. Someone mailed an envelope containing a suspicious white powder residue and a four-page diatribe describing how I would burn in hell. I’ve been accosted on the street in Charlottesville and the harassment continues to this day.

If you search Google for my name and “deep state,” you get a raft of accusations that I’m an operative with an agenda — with a few even claiming I helped organize genocide. My professional and personal lives have been irreparably harmed by these blatant falsehoods and targeted character assassination. Business colleagues willing to discuss the allegations with me have described their shock on reading the conspiracies — it is anyone’s guess how many others have read similar smears and avoided contact altogether. I’m a musician, and fellow musicians whom I know, and looked up to growing up, have fallen prey to lies about me, joining those tarnishing my name online. I find myself constantly looking over my shoulder and have had to beef up my personal security after consulting with law enforcement professionals.

I’m far from their only victim. From Charlottesville to Sandy Hook to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the playbook is easy to follow: After national tragedies, faceless Internet trolls push baseless, dangerous accusations that are magnified by outlets such as Infowars in an attempt to turn villains into victims and vice versa.

In this era of social media saturation, ordinary citizens like me increasingly capture breaking news and, out of a feeling of civic duty, share it online. At the end of the day, I’m just a concerned member of a community that saw itself become a white supremacist flash point, and I’m certainly not part of any secret government effort to undermine Trump.

I decided to sue Infowars, the individual behind Gateway Pundit and others because of the stunning effect their absurd dispatches have had on me and my family. But also because of the danger they pose to our country. These outlets have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of followers and, in the case of Infowars and Gateway Pundit, have been granted White House press credentials. When they go after ordinary citizens like me, there are real consequences.

I decided to sue because no one should have to suffer this type of deliberate vilification — falsehoods spread about who they are and what they stand for — or be subject to harassment from professional conspiracy-mongers just because they witnessed a tragedy and accurately reported what they saw.

Fact-based journalism is essential to a healthy democracy because it provides citizens with objective information on issues of public concern. Infowars and Gateway Pundit do the opposite — poisoning our civic discourse by distorting the truth and blurring the line between news and propaganda.

I became a target because I captured images of an attack on peaceful anti-racist protesters exercising their right to freely express themselves. Because these sites couldn’t argue with the video, they opted to obscure the truth by trying to discredit me.

We’re all harmed when these outlets recklessly disregard plain facts, defame the innocent and use the power of social media to amplify a bogus narrative. With the help of Georgetown Law’s Civil Rights Clinic, I brought this suit because Americans cannot stand idly by while these people terrorize individuals and undermine the pillars of our society. One lawsuit won’t stop them, but I do hope that the legal process can expose them for what they are: snake oil salesmen who know full well that the conspiracy theories they peddle are full of lies.

Last Edit by Humphrey

Alex Jones ‘Infowars’ Lawsuit Claims $12.5 Million Annual Sales
« Reply #428 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:14:17 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Alex Jones ‘Infowars’ Lawsuit Claims $12.5 Million Annual Sales: Alex Sued For Defamation By Brennan Gilmore
Alex Jones of 'Infowars,' Allen B. West, 'Gateway Pundit' and other right-wing media outlets are being sued by Brennan Gilmore, a man who posted a graphic video of a car running over Charlottesville protesters, alleging Jones launched a campaign of harassment.

Brennan Gilmore went viral on August 12, 2017, when the below graphic video showing a car plowing into protestors in Charlottesville, Virginia, captivated the internet with horror. By March 14, 2018, Brennan’s video has swelled to more than six million views on his Twitter page alone, as Gilmore wrote that it was a “video of car hitting anti-racist protestors.” Gilmore went on to write that there shouldn’t be confusion about the matter. “Let there be no confusion: this was deliberate terrorism. My prayers with victims. Stay home,” Brennan concluded.

Now Brennan has filed a lawsuit against Alex Jones of Infowars and others in the wake of the horrific video taken in Charlottesville going viral. According to NBC News, Brennan has filed a lawsuit against Infowars host Jones, as well as former Congressman Allen West and others named as defendants in the lawsuit, for defamation of character. Brennan’s lawsuit claims that Alex prompted a campaign of harassment against Gilmore after Brennan’s video gained attention, with Alex telling the 2.3 million subscribers of The Alex Jones Channel on YouTube and others that Brennan was part of the so-called “deep state” and a “shill” whose video wasn’t true.

Gilmore’s lawsuit, as seen on the Georgetown Law website, names Gilmore as the plaintiff, demanding a jury trial against Alexander “Alex” E. Jones, of Infowars. Also listed as a defendant being sued in the defamation lawsuit is Free Speech Systems LLC, which is the parent company of Infowars, according to Ars Technica.

Also named in the lawsuit against InfoWars, as reported by CNN Money, is Derrick Wilburn, who is blamed for allegedly writing an article for Allen B. West’s website that defamed Gilmore. Former Breitbart writer Lee Stranahan is named in the lawsuit as well. Additional defendants named in the lawsuit against Alex are St. Louis resident and Gateway Pundit owner James “Jim” Hoft, as reported by WINA AM, as well as Infowars host Lee Ann McAdoo — who is also known as Lee Ann Fleissner. Scott Creighton, who operates the website American Everyman, is also named in Brennan’s lawsuit.

Brennan’s lawsuit notes the deep pockets that Alex’s online website has been able to amass by selling products to Jones’ followers.

“Defendant Jones stated in 2013 that the online store grossed an average of $9 million in sales annually. Estimates in 2017 indicate that sales could now be as high as $12.5 million annually.”

Gilmore blames Jones’ Infowars and others for the harassment that followed, some of which Brennan published on Twitter. Brennan’s lawsuit claims that Brennan’s parents’ personal home address was published online and that they received suspicious white powder in the mail.

Warning: Gilmore’s below video is graphic and disturbing and depicts violence.

Video of car hitting anti-racist protestors. Let there be no confusion: this was deliberate terrorism. My prayers with victims. Stay home. pic.twitter.com/MUOZs71Pf4

— Brennan Gilmore (@brennanmgilmore) August 12, 2017

Gilmore is seeking unspecified damages.

My thoughts on why I’m suing Alex Jones, Infowars and other outlets that spread lies about Charlottesville: https://t.co/9nVdHc5YYe

— Brennan Gilmore (@brennanmgilmore) March 14, 2018

Last Edit by Humphrey

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Suit claims Infowars' Alex Jones stoked harassment of Charlottesville witness
Brennan Gilmore, a counter-protester, is suing Jones, claiming spread of conspiracy theories led to digital abuse and death threats

A witness to the deadly Charlottesville attack at a white supremacist rally has sued Alex Jones and his site Infowars, alleging that the rightwing commentator spread defamatory conspiracy theories that led to a torrent of digital abuse, in-person harassment and death threats that have persisted for months.

Brennan Gilmore, a counter-protester at the “Unite the Right” rally who had captured footage of the car attack that killed Heather Heyer, filed the lawsuit on Tuesday against Jones, Jim Hoft of the pro-Trump conspiracy site Gateway Pundit, and five others. After Gilmore posted video of the attack last August and spoke to the media, he quickly became the subject of viral conspiracy narratives falsely claiming he was a CIA or “deep state” agent who helped orchestrate the violence as part of a government operation.

“I naively wasn’t expecting any backlash from doing these interviews and condemning something that I thought we would universally condemn – the resurgence of Nazis,” Gilmore told the Guardian. “It was just sort of a full flood of hate mail, death threats and harassment.”

Georgetown Law’s civil rights clinic has filed the suit at a time of growing concern about conspiracy theories surrounding major US events, which have proliferated on social media and led to widespread abuse of survivors of mass shootings and families of those killed in tragedies. There have also been increasing stories of real-world consequences, including a 2016 shooting inspired by the “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory about Hillary Clinton and a pizza shop, and more recently, harassment at a church in a small Texas town that suffered one of the deadliest mass shootings in modern US history.

Infowars and Gateway Pundit have repeatedly faced accusations of spreading lies and producing content that leads to massive harassment campaigns.

Gilmore, who is a musician and has worked as a foreign service officer for the US state department, said he had publicized his footage and spoken to reporters in hopes of setting the record straight. He said the conspiracy theory posts and abuse began immediately, including some “alt-right” people publicizing the address of his parents, who live in the region.

In addition to violent online threats, Gilmore said he received physical hate mail, including a package with a powdery substance. He said some conspiracy theorists have confronted him on the street and that even though months have passed, someone recently threatened that his body would end up in a local river.

“It has fundamentally changed my life,” said Gilmore, who noted that someone has also threatened to show up to one of his band’s shows. “I’m incredibly concerned about the capacity for this to happen to other people and the danger this poses to our country.”

Some content targeting Gilmore was headlined “State Department/CIA Orchestrated Charlottesville Tragedy” and “Random Man at Protests Interviewed by MSNBC, NY Times is Deep State Shill”. Allen West, a former Florida congressman and Fox News contributor who was also named in the lawsuit, had published an article called, “BOMBSHELL: New evidence suggests Charlottesville was a complete SET-UP”.

Andrew Mendrala, supervising attorney of the Georgetown law clinic, said Gilmore had a strong defamation case given the harm he suffered, adding that he hoped the suit would help prevent these kinds of damaging conspiracy theories.

“The first amendment does not protect this type of speech. We think a victory would really protect people like Brennan in the future,” Mendrala said in an interview.

Gilmore said sites such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook should do a better job limiting the spread of malicious content, noting they were slow to respond to his complaints about harassment.

“These social media companies unleashed an incredibly potent force, and it’s one that can be used for good and one that can be used for bad,” he said, adding: “They can’t quite keep up.”
'Fiction is outperforming reality': how YouTube's algorithm distorts truth
Read more

YouTube in particular has faced intensifying scrutiny for its algorithms promoting conspiracy theories, fake news and far-right propaganda in recent years.

Gilmore said he was aware that speaking out could invite further abuse and that he has been forced to consult security experts about how to protect himself and his family: “Despite the personal risk involved, this is incredibly important to pursue.”

Infowars, Jones and West did not respond to requests for comment. Hoft said in an email that the lawsuit was “bullshit” and “full of lies”, adding, “There is no case.” He did not elaborate, but published a response on Gateway Pundit on Tuesday that called Gilmore an “unhinged leftie hack” and repeated many of the conspiracy claims.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #430 on: Mar 15, 2018, 03:14:32 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
^^^ *Smh* Stupid stupid stupid. I remember PPF defending what that driver did too, when it's clear as day the driver had no good reason to plow through those people. Absolutely defend literal nazi's and antifa's freedom of speech, but defending what that guy did is self-sabotage. Infowars can't be this stupid. It's got to be on purpose, with their brainless followers going right over the cliff with them.

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

« Reply #431 on: Mar 16, 2018, 04:28:53 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
His holiness the cult leader Alex Jones is about to get even more bad press across the media.
Nothing to do with this court case, some thing else bad is about to descend upon him.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #432 on: Mar 17, 2018, 06:05:07 pm »

Donnay

• Sr. InfoWarrior
Hillary About To Be Indicted Following McCabe Firing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg&time_continue=806&v=s-1BSZ5kRDc

Last Edit by Humphrey
Please visit my website:
https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Trump Preparing Mass Indictments of Clinton Crime Network ( HOAX)
« Reply #433 on: Mar 18, 2018, 08:32:35 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
When this does not happen, say like UN Troops on the streets of Chicago, will the TrumpTards wake up ?
Of course not, because its a Odious Cult . . .

Which is why I am not so active posting mere facts and illustrating the contradictions.

Breaking: Trump Preparing Mass Indictments of Clinton Crime Network
The United States is only weeks away from rebirth, but more battles lie ahead
Alex Jones | Infowars.com - March 17, 201

https://www.infowars.com/breaking-trump-preparing-mass-indictments-of-clinton-crime-network/

Last Edit by Humphrey

Alex Jones caught out . . . . again
« Reply #434 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:33:13 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
The man who literally made millions warning people about a surveillance society . . .

https://twitter.com/AlexJones_Ex/status/975690111840063490

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #435 on: Mar 31, 2018, 08:52:23 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Alex Jones has 'brainwashed' his children, claims his ex-wife who says she will launch legal action to stop her 15-year-old son from appearing on Infowars after he challenged Parkland survivor David Hogg to a showdown
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5564167/Kelly-Jones-says-ex-husband-Alex-Jones-brainwashed-children.html

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #436 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:08:38 am »

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Alex Jones has 'brainwashed' his children, claims his ex-wife who says she will launch legal action to stop her 15-year-old son from appearing on Infowars after he challenged Parkland survivor David Hogg to a showdown
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5564167/Kelly-Jones-says-ex-husband-Alex-Jones-brainwashed-children.html

What is other side of story ? What AJ say about this accusations ?

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #437 on: Mar 31, 2018, 11:29:26 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
What is other side of story ? What AJ say about this accusations ?

Last Edit by Palmerston

Going on memory, we are talking about a 15 year old child.

Rex Jones Challenges David Hogg To Stop Attacking 1st Amendment
‘Prove me wrong. Prove you are a smart individual and not a Democrat puppet who spouts talking points’
Infowars.com - March 30, 2018
https://www.infowars.com/rex-jones-challenges-david-hogg-to-stop-attacking-1st-amendment/

and

‘Why are you against free speech? ’: Alex Jones Son Calls Out Anti-Gun Activist
‘You are being used by the MSM as a tool to take our freedoms’
Infowars.com - March 30, 2018

Last Edit by Humphrey

Alex Jones Hit With Another Defamation Lawsuit, And It Could Go To A Jury
« Reply #438 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:31:43 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alex-jones-another-defamation-lawsuit_us_5abe758ee4b055e50acd5e45

Alex Jones may soon learn that ruining the lives of innocent people comes with serious consequences.

On Monday, attorneys for Marcel Fontaine ― a 24-year-old Boston man whom Jones’ website, Infowars, incorrectly identified as the Parkland, Florida, school shooter in a Feb. 14 article ― filed a defamation lawsuit against Jones and his publication.

What’s more: Fontaine plans to take his case against Jones’ conspiracy-laden site to a jury instead of settling the matter behind closed doors, Fontaine’s lawyer Mark Bankston, of the law firm Farrar & Ball, told HuffPost.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Travis County, Texas, names Jones, Infowars, Free Speech Systems and author Kit Daniels as defendants in the case.

Daniels’ Infowars article featured a photo of Fontaine and incorrectly identified him as the gunman who killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

“Another alleged photo of the suspect shows communist garb,” read part of the article, later removed from the website, that showed a photo of Fontaine wearing a popular shirt from 2005 depicting communist leaders partying.

The story’s headline, featured on Infowars’ front page, changed numerous times, at one point reading, “Reported Florida Shooter Dressed as Communist, Supported ISIS,” according to the lawsuit, which Bankston provided to HuffPost.

Retaliation against Fontaine ― who has never even traveled to Florida ― was swift, according to his lawsuit.

READ MORE
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alex-jones-another-defamation-lawsuit_us_5abe758ee4b055e50acd5e45

Last Edit by Humphrey

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Falsely Accused Parkland School Shooter Sues Alex Jones’ InfoWars for Defamation
Marcel Fontaine was falsely declared a suspect in the Stoneman Douglas school shooting by conspiracy theorist website InfoWars. He’s now suing Alex Jones for more than $1 million.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/falsely-accused-parkland-school-shooter-sues-alex-jones-infowars-for-defamation/

Marcel Fontaine, who was falsely declared a suspect in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting by conspiracy-theorist website InfoWars, is now suing Alex Jones for more than a million dollars.

Fontaine, a young man from Massachusetts, filed suit in the district court of Travis County, Texas on Monday against InfoWars head Alex Jones; InfoWars reporter Kit Daniels; InfoWars LLC; and Free Speech Systems, LLC, InfoWars’ parent company. The suit charges that InfoWars “irreparably tainted” his reputation in a report that falsely claimed he was suspected as the Stoneman Douglas shooter.

Daniels’ story about the shooting, published Feb. 14, included a picture of Fontaine.

“And another alleged photo of the suspect shows communist garb,” Daniels wrote, above the picture of Fontaine.

The picture showed Fontaine wearing a novelty T-shirt that said “Communist Party,” with communists drinking and carousing (including Karl Marx with a lampshade on his head).

“Shooter is a commie,” InfoWars blared.

The lawsuit notes that a Republican state legislator in North Carolina shared the InfoWars piece, and estimates that “hundreds of millions” of people saw the story.

“InfoWars’ story became a lie told round the world,” the suit reads.

The suit also said Fontaine still faces “ridicule, harassment, and threats of violence” from InfoWars readers who believed the story was true, and that his life “remains in genuine peril.” He is also facing a “severe degree of mental stress and anguish,” according to the suit.

“Because InfoWars advises its audience to distrust mainstream media sources, the subsequent mainstream news reports showing Nikolas Cruz as the Florida shooter did not remove the threat to Marcel Fontaine,” the suit says. “Some InfoWars readers now believe that Mr. Fontaine is part of the supposed ‘false flag’ operation.”

The suit also said that Fontaine—represented by Mark Bankston of Farrar & Ball—demanded a correction from InfoWars, and that the site did not respond.

The lawsuit also details InfoWars’ history of incorrect and conspiratorial stories about mass shootings. It notes that Jones once claimed he had evidence nobody died in the Sandy Hook school shooting, that the Las Vegas shooting was “as phony as a three-dollar bill or Obama’s birth certificate,” and that the Sutherland Springs church shooting may have been part of an Antifa revolution against Christians.

Because it includes so much background that isn’t directly related to the article about Fontaine, Ken White—a First Amendment litigator at Brown White & Osborn—said the suit could run afoul of Texas state law.

“The core of the lawsuit—that InfoWars falsely accused Mr. Fontaine of being the shooter—states a very plausible claim for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress,” White told The Daily Beast. “The problem is that the complaint buries that core wrong into a general attack on InfoWars and Alex Jones and their fans.”

“That might make for good press, but it’s dangerous,” White continued. “Texas has a very strong anti-SLAPP law. If InfoWars can frame the lawsuit as being more broadly about the content of its speech in general (or about the speech of third-party commenters, for whom InfoWars is not responsible under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act), the plaintiff faces a real risk of an anti-SLAPP ruling.”

SLAPP, or Strategic lawsuit against public participation, refers to strategic, frivolous lawsuits designed to silence particular categories of speech. Different states have different types of laws on this litigation. Gov. Rick Perry signed Texas’s anti-SLAPP law in 2011, and it had the support of the American Civil Liberties Union, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and a number of free speech advocates and organizations.

It’s unclear how InfoWars will defend itself against the lawsuit. Alex Jones did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Last Edit by Humphrey

Roger Stone Hit With $100 Million Defamation Suit
« Reply #440 on: Apr 03, 2018, 09:09:19 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Roger Stone Hit With $100 Million Defamation Suit in Miami From Chinese Billionaire
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/roger-stone-sued-for-defamation-by-guo-wengui-10229139

Roger Stone, South Florida's infamous political hit man, is not capable of keeping his mouth shut. He has spent decades on the attack, getting called in when, say, politicians want someone to stage a fake riot or smear the parents of a dead American soldier.

But Stone has now pissed off someone with deep pockets and a similar zest for combat: Guo Wengui, the mysterious, recently exiled Chinese billionaire known in America as "Miles Kwok," is suing Stone for defamation in Miami federal court after Stone criticized him on InfoWars earlier this year. Guo claims Stone slandered him when Stone accused Guo of funneling money to both Hillary Clinton and Steve Bannon; the billionaire now wants $100 million from the political consultant-turned-media figure.

"Stone has publicly stated that Plaintiff Guo has been 'found guilty' and 'convicted' of financial crimes in the United States — this is not true," reads the suit, filed March 15. "Stone has publicly accused Plaintiff Guo of violating U.S. election law by making political donations to Hillary Clinton and financing a presidential run by Steven Bannon — this is not true. Mr. Stone should be held to account for these and other falsehoods about Mr. Guo."

Stone responded by colorfully referring to the allegations as a crock of shit.

"This is essentially a political lawsuit and is a Kwok of Schiff," he messaged New Times. "None of my reporting rises to the level of defamation. Mr. Kwok tweeted himself about his support for Steve Bannon's projects, and now he's suing me for reporting on it?... While I doubt this meritless suit will ever get to trial, my attorneys are very anxious to question Mr. Kwok about his relationship with both Chinese and American intelligence agencies."

The suit represents yet another challenge to the growing influence of InfoWars and its conspiracy-mongering ilk. Earlier this year, an innocent man sued InfoWars, the Gateway Pundit, and former South Florida Congressman Allen West after they falsely accused him of staging the Unite the Right car attack on behalf of the so-called deep State. Separately, InfoWars is being sued for falsely blaming the Parkland massacre on a Massachusetts man and blasting a photo of his face out to InfoWars' millions of followers.

For what it's worth, Guo is a mysterious figure. He essentially showed up in America in 2015 after fleeing corruption charges in China. The Chinese media has accused Guo of a raft of crimes, including fraud, money laundering, bribery, and rape. But Guo claims the Chinese government is trying to nab him because he knows how corrupt that country's government really is and is spilling its secrets from the comfort of his Manhattan palace. Reporters have otherwise been unable to confirm most basic details about Guo, including his age, how he obtained most of his money, how many tens of millions he paid for his seven-bedroom Manhattan apartment, and even his actual name.

But since moving to the States, which does not have an extradition treaty with China, Guo has begun live-streaming online every day and accusing high-ranking Chinese officials of corruption while he dines on luxury yachts and does cardio in his luxury apartment overlooking Central Park. He's accused some officials of stashing money away overseas. He's said others are sleeping with famous actresses. And, in turn, he's been sued multiple times for defamation.

READ MORE + VIDEO
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/roger-stone-sued-for-defamation-by-guo-wengui-10229139

Last Edit by Humphrey

Re: Don't Listen To Alex. Just Don't
« Reply #441 on: Apr 12, 2018, 03:54:44 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Can someone remind PPF (and any other followers) what Jones did on Y2K, please? I'm not able to do so. With a sales marathon based around the threat of nuclear war today, lord knows what he's liable to do or screw up.

Thanks

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: Don't Listen To Alex. Just Don't
« Reply #442 on: Apr 12, 2018, 05:38:38 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Can someone remind PPF (and any other followers) what Jones did on Y2K, please? I'm not able to do so. With a sales marathon based around the threat of nuclear war today, lord knows what he's liable to do or screw up.

Thanks

Last Edit by Palmerston

When I visited PPF as guest yesterday, the last 19 posts was all FaceBook.
Like they are pretending its not happening.

Al Bundy made a post about Syria, and was ignored, here

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #443 on: Apr 12, 2018, 08:09:41 am »

One Revelator

• InfoWarrior

People ask why I supported Trump. Because he was a maverick and trying to kick-start the country's heart and trying to defibrillate the nation. And it wasn't perfect. But I knew the establishment was against him. But I'll throw Trump away like an old shoe if he becomes this war mongering whore of the establishment, goddamn it. -AJ

Emergency Message To Trump: Putin Accuses Deep State Of False Flag In Syria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=7kih4AhgBT8

https://www.infowars.com/video-russian-envoy-to-un-warns-russia-will-defend-itself-syria/

Last Edit by Humphrey
Shipp knows exactly who "they" are. Books and slideshow available.

« Reply #444 on: Apr 17, 2018, 01:17:45 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Sandy Hook parents sue conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation

https://reuters.com/article/us-texas-lawsuit-alexjones/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-for-defamation-idUSKBN1HO2FU

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - The parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre have sued conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation, accusing him and his website InfoWars of engaging in a campaign of “false, cruel, and dangerous assertions.”

The two lawsuits filed on Monday in Travis County, Texas, where Jones resides, are likely the first defamation cases concerning Sandy Hook brought against Jones, who has called the shooting a hoax, said Mark Bankston, a Houston-based lawyer for the parents.

The parents decided to sue more than five years after the attacks because they had concluded Jones has no intention of leaving them alone, Bankston said.

“He needs to held accountable,” Bankston said in a phone interview. “The strategy of ignoring him didn’t work, He didn’t go away.”

Jones and a lawyer for him named in the lawsuits did not respond to requests to comment. Jones’ InfoWars media site and affiliated Free Speech Systems were also named as defendants.

More at the link --> https://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-lawsuit-alexjones/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-for-defamation-idUSKBN1HO2FU

Last Edit by Humphrey

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke
Sandy Hook parents sue conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation

https://reuters.com/article/us-texas-lawsuit-alexjones/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-for-defamation-idUSKBN1HO2FU

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - The parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre have sued conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation, accusing him and his website InfoWars of engaging in a campaign of “false, cruel, and dangerous assertions.”

The two lawsuits filed on Monday in Travis County, Texas, where Jones resides, are likely the first defamation cases concerning Sandy Hook brought against Jones, who has called the shooting a hoax, said Mark Bankston, a Houston-based lawyer for the parents.

The parents decided to sue more than five years after the attacks because they had concluded Jones has no intention of leaving them alone, Bankston said.

“He needs to held accountable,” Bankston said in a phone interview. “The strategy of ignoring him didn’t work, He didn’t go away.”

Jones and a lawyer for him named in the lawsuits did not respond to requests to comment. Jones’ InfoWars media site and affiliated Free Speech Systems were also named as defendants.

More at the link --> https://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-lawsuit-alexjones/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-for-defamation-idUSKBN1HO2FU

Last Edit by Palmerston

RT - Russia Today

Sandy Hook ‘hoax’ claim: Alex Jones sued by parents of massacre victims
http://www.rt.com/usa/424409-jones-sued-parents-sandy-hook/

'Parents of two children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre are suing Infowars frontman Alex Jones for defamation. Jones has consistently claimed the shooting was a hoax and the parents of the victims are actors.

The 2012 shooting, perpetrated by 20-year-old Adam Lanza, resulted in the deaths of 20 elementary school children and six adults. Despite this, noted right-wing conspiracy theorist Jones continues to insist it was a “giant hoax” and those behind it are advocates for gun control.

The first of two lawsuits, filed in Austin, Texas, where Jones resides and from where he broadcasts his Infowars show, was filed by Leonard Pozner and his ex-wife, Veronique De La Rosa, whose son Noah Pozner was killed. Spam_A Spam_B The second was filed by Neil Heslin whose son Jesse was murdered, both boys were six years old. The parents are seeking $1 million in damages from Jones and his company Infowars and Free Speech Systems LLC.

Both suits relate to comments made last year by Jones. The first of which occurs during an Infowars segment, aired last April, entitled ‘Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed.’ In the show Jones references an interview given by De La Rosa, after the murders, with CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

During the piece Cooper's nose seems to disappear leading Jones to claim that they are both actors and his nose “disappears repeatedly because the green screen isn’t set right.” In June, during a profile of Jones, NBC’s Megyn Kelly interviews Heslin, who tells her that: “I lost my son. I buried my son. I held my son with a bullet hole through his head.”

Jones later took umbrage with this statement claiming that: “Quite frankly, the father (Heslin) needs to clarify, NBC needs to clarify, because the coroner said none of the parents were allowed to touch the kids or see the kids and maybe meaning at the school. I’m sure later maybe the parents saw their children.”'

Read More : Sandy Hook ‘hoax’ claim: Alex Jones sued by parents of massacre victims

Icke

Last Edit by Humphrey
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Sandy Hook Parents Sue Alex Jones for Defamation

By Matthew Haag
April 17, 2018
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/business/media/alex-jones-sandy-hook.html

Three parents whose children were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012 filed a defamation lawsuit on Tuesday against Alex Jones, the right-wing conspiracy theorist who has long claimed the shooting was “completely fake” and a “giant hoax” perpetrated by opponents of the Second Amendment.

Mr. Jones, the popular radio show host who also operates the conspiracy theory website Infowars, has questioned for years whether 20 children and six adults died in the school massacre in Newtown, Conn. To bolster his false claims, he often cites news reports and video clips from the hours after the shooting that turned out to be incomplete or based on wrong information.

Soon after they buried their children, many Sandy Hook parents started to come under fierce attack by conspiracy theorists who have said they are actors in an elaborate scheme to enact stricter gun control laws. The fringe theories still thrive in small forums online but have reached a far greater audience through Mr. Jones, the most vocal propagator.

The two lawsuits filed on Tuesday represent the first civil action taken by parents accusing Mr. Jones of defamation. One was filed by Leonard Pozner and his former wife, Veronique De La Rosa, and the other was filed by Neil Heslin. Their sons, Noah Pozner and Jesse Heslin, both 6, were killed at Sandy Hook.

The suits focus on comments made by Mr. Jones in the past year. In a segment on his radio show called “Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed,” which aired on April 22, 2017, Mr. Jones highlighted an interview that Ms. De La Rosa did with Anderson Cooper of CNN after the shooting. While they are standing outside a downtown Newtown building, Mr. Cooper turns his head to face her.

During that quick head movement, Mr. Cooper’s nose seems to disappear — evidence, Mr. Jones said, that the interview with Ms. De La Rosa was conducted in a studio. In reality, the glitch is known as a compression artifact, a distortion that is common in video encoding.

Mr. Jones suggests it means they are both actors. “When he turns, his nose disappears repeatedly because the green screen isn’t set right,” he said.

A few months later, in June, Mr. Jones was profiled on NBC’s “Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly,” which brought up his past comments about Sandy Hook. Ms. Kelly also interviewed Mr. Heslin, who recalled seeing his dead son.

“I held my son with a bullet hole through his head,” Mr. Heslin told her.

But a week later in an Infowars video, Owen Shroyer, who works for the site, argued that it was “not possible” that Mr. Heslin held his dead son because the medical examiner said he showed photographs to the parents to identify their children.

“Will there be a clarification from Heslin or Megyn Kelly?” Mr. Shroyer said. “I wouldn’t hold your breath.”

The next month, Mr. Jones replayed part of that Infowars video on his show. “The stuff I found was they never let them see their bodies,” Mr. Jones said. “That’s kind of what’s weird about this. But maybe they did.”

In a rambling 10-minute response published on Infowars on Tuesday, Mr. Jones said that his lawyers were very confident that the lawsuits were frivolous because his efforts to discuss both sides of the issue were misunderstood and misrepresented by major media outlets.

“It is every American’s right to question any big event, especially when it’s seized on to take the basic liberties of Americans,” he said, referring to the Second Amendment.

Mr. Jones also said that the parents of the murdered children were victims being “roped into this” by Ms. Kelly and the media.

“I’ve been telling the parents for years I believe their children died, and quite frankly, they know that,” he said. “I’m sorry they died, but I didn’t kill them and gun owners in American did not kill your children,” he continued. “I believe Sandy Hook happened.”

Mr. Shroyer did not respond to an email seeking comment on Tuesday morning.

Both lawsuits were filed in Travis County District Court in Austin, Tex., where Mr. Jones lives, broadcasts his show and operates Infowars. The parents are seeking at least $1 million in damages.

“The statements were a continuation and elaboration of a yearslong campaign to falsely attack the honesty of the Sandy Hook parents, casting them as participants in a ghastly conspiracy and cover-up,” the parents’ lawsuits said.

The parents are represented by Mark D. Bankston, a Houston lawyer who filed a similar defamation lawsuit this month against Mr. Jones and Infowars after they falsely identified a Massachusetts man as the gunman at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

Last June, a Florida woman who believes the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax was sentenced to five months in prison for making death threats against Mr. Pozner in voice mail messages and emails.

Last Edit by Humphrey

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Parents of Sandy Hook victims file lawsuit against Alex Jones

by Oliver Darcy
April 18, 2018: 11:06 AM ET
http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/17/media/sandy-hook-parents-lawsuit-infowars-alex-jones/index.html

Alex Jones, the right-wing conspiracy theorist who has repeatedly suggested the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax, was sued on Tuesday by three parents whose children were killed in the 2012 massacre. It's the first legal action taken against Jones for the false claims he has made about Sandy Hook.

The two lawsuits were filed by Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, and Neil Heslin. Their respective six-year-old sons, Noah Pozner and Jesse Lewis, were fatally shot at Sandy Hook. The suits were both filed in Travis County District Court in Austin, Texas, where Jones operates his fringe website InfoWars, which was also named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

Each lawsuit seeks at least $1 million in damages for "a severe degree of mental stress and anguish" and "high degree of psychological pain" the parents suffered from Jones' coverage, in addition to past and future damage their reputations might suffer.

"Defendants' defamatory publications were designed to harm the Plaintiffs' reputation and subject the Plaintiffs to public contempt, disgrace, ridicule, or attack," the lawsuits allege. "Defendants acted with actual malice. Defendants' defamatory statements were knowingly false or made with reckless disregard for the truth or falsity of the statements at the time the statements were made."

For years, Jones has suggested that the Sandy Hook massacre was a "giant hoax" carried out by crisis actors on behalf of those who oppose the Second Amendment, the amendment in the Bill of Rights that provides American citizens the right to bear arms.

To make this argument, Jones has attempted to suggest that news coverage of the Sandy Hook massacre was staged. This continued into April 2017 when Jones aired a segment called "Sandy Hook Vampires Exposed." In it, he falsely suggested a technical glitch during an interview with De La Rosa was evidence of the use of a green screen.

"We've got Anderson Cooper, famously, not just with the flowers blowing and a fake, but when he turns, his nose disappears repeatedly because the green-screen isn't set right," Jones said.

The lawsuit said the assertion De La Rosa "participated in a faked blue-screen interview from a remote location is manifestly false." It called the claim a "sick lie" that Jones has pushed and says, "The visual effect described by Mr. Jones is the result of motion compensation video compression, which would have been readily ascertainable at the time Mr. Jones made his claims."

Months later, on June 18, 2017, Megyn Kelly aired a profile of Jones on NBC and interviewed Heslin for her piece. Responding to the claim Jones had pushed about Sandy Hook being staged, Heslin told Kelly, "I lost my son. I buried my son. I held my son with a bullet hole through his head."

Days after Kelly's profile, InfoWars personality Owen Shroyer said it was "not possible" Heslin held his child and saw the bullet hole in his head because the medical examiner had said parents identified their deceased children using photographs. The lawsuit, however, notes that "parents were permitted to see and hold their children soon thereafter."

In a freewheeling 10-minute video posted to YouTube on Tuesday, Jones responded to the lawsuits, saying his lawyers are "very, very confident" they are "frivolous" and "will be thrown out" of court.

"They will be dropped because they have no merit," Jones said.

Jones said, without evidence, the families suing him were "roped into this" by the national media, and that his "heart goes out to the families being used by these organizations behind this," though he didn't name any specific entities.

Jones lampooned the "corporate media," accusing journalists of taking him "out of context" to "deceive" the public. He said he had "many debates" after the Sandy Hook shooting and would play "Devil's advocate" during discussions, and that the media "seized on those clips" to "misrepresent" what he said. Jones said he believes the children actually died during the massacre, but had "questioned the [public relations], the talking points that surrounded the Sandy Hook massacre."

"I ask the American public, I ask the families of the Sandy Hook victims, to actually admit that I've invited you on for years, and admit that I've said for years that it really happened," Jones said. "And that if I caused you any pain by debating both sides of it, which is our right as a First Amendment nation, I'm sorry for your pain. But this is a big public event that has been seized on publicly to take our rights. So this is something we've had to do."

A representative for InfoWars did not respond when asked if Shroyer had a comment.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #448 on: Apr 18, 2018, 12:51:01 pm »

Effie Trinket

• InfoWarrior
"People ask why I supported Trump. Because he was a maverick and trying to kick-start the country's heart and trying to defibrillate the nation. And it wasn't perfect. But I knew the establishment was against him. But I'll throw Trump away like an old shoe if he becomes this war mongering whore of the establishment, goddamn it." -AJ

Ok, I'll break down this quote:

1st part:  ""People ask why I supported Trump. Because he was a maverick and trying to kick-start the country's heart and trying to defibrillate the nation."

Bolded part was and is complete lies.  Trump was a globalist BEFORE he even got hand picked by Bilderberg to be the next traitor in chief.  Everything you've been told that's "been good", that he has allegedly done, has been complete bullshit, half-truths, fraudulent.  AJ knew this beforehand, because he has been a globalist operative, acting as a "honey pot" to soak up the "truthers", neutering them by now getting them painted with the same brush of being discredited by TPTB controlled media.

"And it wasn't perfect."

^  What a pathetic cop-out.  It was a 100% premeditated, sophisticated, pure deception operation FROM THE GET-GO.

"But I knew the establishment was against him."

^ Another massive lie--total bullshit.  The establishment PRETENDED to be against him, and still PRETENDS to be against him now.  I guess people are too stupid to realize that you can actually PRETEND to attack someone, in order to get lower-IQ folks to rally to that persons defense, because "if the globalists are attacking him, then he must be good, or must be doing something right."  --WRONG.  The globalists KNEW you were too stupid to be cognizant of such psychological warfare.

"But I'll throw Trump away like an old shoe if he becomes this war mongering whore of the establishment, goddamn it."

^ To little too late AJ.  You had the "wherewithal to PRE-EMPTIVELY expose puppet Obama with the Obama Deception documentary, yet you utterly FAILED at performing due diligence at creating a similar documentary for terrorist psychopathic traitor Donald Trump.  You should have gotten off your ass and gotten to work on THE TRUMP DECEPTION before he even got into office.

And now the MSM is attacking you on one of the things you actually spoke some truth on, Sandy Hook, BUT THEY WON'T DEMONIZE YOU FOR SUPPORTING AND DEFENDING TRUMP, which is what you deserve to be demonized for.  MSM won't attack you on that because MSM is globalist controlled just as Trump is 100% globalist controlled, which makes YOU globalist controlled.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #449 on: Apr 18, 2018, 06:40:56 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Honestly,  I think AJ cursing Trump a couple days ago is another part of the pysops he is conducting on Infowars crowd clinging to the hope that Trump is really fighting the deep state.  Like Trump, he is one well versed in double speak and acting.

Unfortunately, there are as many liars, shills and intelligence assets in the alternative media as there is in the mainstream media.

Last Edit by Humphrey