You are Here:
Conspiracy Nuts are right with opinions/advice about AI on the web/Social-Score.

Author (Read 276 times)

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• InfoWarrior
  • What is this dread; this fear of knowing?
Remember, we live in a 'Meritocracy'. Whereby competition is the keyword. The salve all.
If AI infiltrates our daily lives, we will have to learn to compete with its 2-Dimensional 1's & 0's, ON/OFF decisions. My interpretation of that prospect is, we will have to learn how to control it, or lose.
Those with power already, live only in the expectation of acquiring further & greater power(s).
When AI is invested with power it can only be expected to live & grow to fulfill this expectation too.

I've had numerous outages online this year, including a repeating event whereby I Tweeted to eBay HQ, San-José, Calif; that I was having bizarre behaviour in my eBay account but not from hackers, IMO.
Within seconds of me sending this message to eBay's San José base. my eBay account was locked (twice).

Once bitten, twice shy; and when I stopped tweeting to eBay San José, the lockout behaviour stopped.

And it was a time-out feature, meaning: after between 36 and 48hrs, the being locked-out and dropped into the password/enter a verification code loop, endlessly, and thus locked out of my eBay account, I would get normal access again. I had to wait for this marked-out period. I was not impressed. And am still not.

I've spent probably 15hrs on the telephone this year, with eBay trying to get them to explain what are the probable causes: and in their precious little opinions it's all down to a scripted response of:
passwords, session-stealing hackers, logging on from different devices ... etc. (I don't have a mobile).

Now eBay want me to activate a "Two factor Verification Log-in" which other sites using Google and its AI plugins are adopting. This behaviour seems to being fostered out of California, as the only sites interested in asking me to adopt "Two factor Verification Log-in" are both based in California, as their HQ.

I really do believe that the billions being invested in Artificial Intelligence, University Research;  is not all necessarily benign and interested only in 'metrics' and advertising but is actually developing into an incremental roll-out of a Chinese Modeled Social-Score-System for the white man, in the west that is.

For everyone?

You don't even have to do anything to get temporary bans or blocks in sites at this stage, another bizarre manifestation. Maybe AI is just probing, as a plug-in to the T1 Google run back-bones, to see how it can interact with our experience; or plain-speaking: "Mess with users".

Five times this year, I've had to reset my eBay password for no discernible or explainable reason.

Before today's episode I was told "we have absolutely no idea or explanation for this behaviour in your account" and sure enough it cleared up and my eBay account started working/logging-on as normal, after around 36hrs. That's the same behaviour you'll see on social-media, again, fairly random, yet predictable and entirely reliable.

The longer you've been signed up with a system, the more frequent the lock-outs.

That could be automated behaviour; that's probably ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE learning as it goes based on a basic set of parameters of how to control peoples' online activity.

Mention the word Donald Trump in a positive light, and that might prompt Twitter's equivalent to eBay:
"Your account is exhibiting some unusual activity, please enter your mobile phone number to regain access". So I stopped using twitter again, and finally back in March.

AI is IMO, most likely seeking ways to interfere with our behaviour. Who knows, maybe it is already plugged into the CCTV system of public transport, AS IT IS IN CHINA, manufacturing a synthetic shyness or silence amongst those accustomed to speaking their mind to other travellers, as we go. It's coming isn't it because there are absolutely ZERO checks or LAWS against such tech being deployed right now.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"A brother will betray his brother to death, a father will betray his own child, and children will rebel against their parents and cause them to be killed."
— Matthew; 10:21

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."
I don't feel sorry for all the Koons, Wigs & Noggers conscripted as cheap Labour for the Digital 'Platforms'.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.

"It is said: He who rules by the brush, never gets his nose in tush." — Professor Stanley Unwin.

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• InfoWarrior
I don't feel sorry for all the Koons, Wigs & Noggers conscripted as cheap Labour for the Digital 'Platforms'.

Don't forget The Haji's

Last Edit by Gladstone
"A brother will betray his brother to death, a father will betray his own child, and children will rebel against their parents and cause them to be killed."

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."
Don't forget The Haji's

The Trojans get a whole episode of their own. I never knew.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.

"It is said: He who rules by the brush, never gets his nose in tush." — Professor Stanley Unwin.

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• InfoWarrior
Interesting and further infuriating development.
Out of desperation I rang back to this digital offshore service ... eBay, and after great probing, got told by a 'customer help':
"I can't tell you why but we occasionally receive instructions to put 24/hr blocks on people's accounts."
Thing about that comment is:
Customer help op's, don't have the power to switch on, or switch off any account. They can only help you get a new password and/or waffle on forever trying to entangle one in a morass of disinformation ... in a massive display of their ignorance and stupidity.
Yes, with eBay sales declining, they may even be just securing their jobs by logging in the hours 'misleading the  "valued clients".

This is a fine example of Customer help having their own behaviour modified.
I mean, in the end, we all just stick two fingers in their faces and walk away.

Last Edit by Gladstone