You are Here:
Heat Indexopolypse!

Author (Read 499 times)

Heat Indexopolypse!
« on: Jun 20, 2019, 07:12:37 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
My God, the local weather stations here are shoving the heat index down our throats. You'd think it was the end of the world! 111 degrees! 130 degrees in Austin! They show maps with all of these hundreds and red colors all over the screens, call for heat advisories, keep shoveling all the bullshit down our throats.

In reality, it's in the mid 90s with high humidity. Just like any other average June day for the entirety of my life. They will spend most of the weather report talking about these "feels like" temperatures. Which is total deception. "Feels like" to who? Feels like mid 90s with high humidity to me. 105 degrees in the dry desert air feels pleasant to me. Especially in the shade. So what does that "feel like"? What is the heat index there? Is it a cool index? The fear mongering over global warming is total lunacy. And anyone new to the area (there's a whole bunch of them) probably thinks this is abnormal weather. lol Still driving with the windows down.  8)

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: Heat Indexopolypse!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2019, 02:43:28 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Over here!

If these temps come to pass; ... well it's not the first time. I was in the Mediterranean in 1984 when we had 43°C for 3-days. That same winter, temps fell to -25°C for 3-days! Then rose to just -10°C, where they remained for 10-days. I have a very clear memory of the problems caused. This could pre-empt a cold winter or ... not. I refuse to listen to any AGCW/CC about it.  It's actually something that does happen.

Where's the problem with normality? Wait till we colonise Mars. Jumping Jupiter.

Back in, around 2003 I think it was, 30,000 elderly or obese people in France, died during extreme temp excursions. So all these experiences should serve as a warning to prepare for the week ahead accordingly. Or die. That's how planet Earth is. Nothing is easy on this planet.
Look at what you've been through. It's absolutely arduous. That's about the only thing I think I love about being on this world. It's a test. It's not easy.

Now that is pretty hot. Are those actual predicted temperatures? Or heat index, "feels like" temperatures?

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: Heat Indexopolypse!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2019, 01:35:50 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

* cat  looks horrified

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.