You are Here:
Posted a day after I had a conversation at a bus-stop about FENTANYL AND CHINA.

Author (Read 798 times)

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• InfoWarrior
  • Battling the soul-less minions of orthodoxy.

]

Last Edit by Gladstone
Narrowly missed my Alien Abduction.
Now recycler of pre-loved Minefields.

One Revelator

• InfoWarrior
Starting to note a trend of people having to go to rehab because they were initially prescribed an opiate. One would think that with all of pharma's money and research, they would have come up with a non-addictive form of pain control by now. Even so-called synthetics just rewire the brain to process pain differently.

I stumbled upon a video a while back where a guy was saying that if the inflammation could be suppressed or eliminated, the body would heal itself naturally. NSAIDs are a good start. But I think they could do better.

Last Edit by Palmerston

There really is something to this verse:

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

If sucessfully done, it pushes back the darkness so that it can be seen for what it is without encroaching on the observer. I speak of a balance for our sake. Not ignoring the evil.

Last Edit by Gladstone
Shipp knows exactly who "they" are. Books and slideshow available.

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• InfoWarrior

I stumbled upon a video a while back where a guy was saying that if the inflammation could be suppressed or eliminated, the body would heal itself naturally. NSAIDs are a good start. But I think they could do better.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Yes, perhaps. I started using NSAIDS in 1991 for a clicking knee. I was so clear of pain, or any disease, I thought a 'clicking-knee' at the age of 45 was the end of the world, a few years later I developed (see reasons below), chronic (long-term/permanent) neck arthritis and am now, as a result, still to this day pretty dependent on codeine type painkillers.

Last Edit by Gladstone

One Revelator

• InfoWarrior
It's good that they discovered the source of the pain, an infection. Hopefully they could attack that with antibiotics/antivirals.

Wife just went through days of extreme abscess pain. They gave her morphine and it did nothing. As soon as the source of bacteria production was removed, the infected tooth, it was like night and day. Now her immune system is just mopping up any leftovers.

As for me and joint pain, I just have to take more precautions before heading out to do physical labor. Braces and belts, along with safer techniques and observing personal limitations have become necessary.

I'm thinking that fault in our DNA is simply the natural aging process. I believe it can be staved off somewhat with diet and exercise. But then personal motivation becomes the issue for me.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• InfoWarrior
My thoughts on Osteo-Arthritis; (and treatment for chronic aliments, generally)

a) I'd bet a £Million that I could make a £Trillion via Gene therapies for OA. On what I've been told, I'm certain. Where do I start though?!
b) Painkillers do term-damage if you're dependent on them. So a high-protein diet, any protein, including Jones' Soy-phobia. Easy on the digestion.
c) Get rest! Even if you feel you're dying when stopped. Some people are scared of stopping. How can you start if you never stop? Go with the seasons.

Last Edit by Gladstone

One Revelator

• InfoWarrior
SOLD! You have inspired me to seek out a nice steak with the proportionate amount of vegetables on top. I really like idea "b".

Last Edit by Gladstone