You are Here:
UN Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence

Author (Read 2468 times)

UN Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:31:19 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I'm expecting gun rights to come up either tomorrow or Tuesday. Remember, one of the dates mentioned by the March for Our Lives Townhall I went to was May 14th. I just found out about this, Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence.

United Nations Quietly Pushes International Gun Control

May 13, 2018 1:45 PM

https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbaumann/2018/05/13/united-nations-quietly-pushes-international-gun-control-n2480303

During a speech at the Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence, UN Disarmament Affairs Chief, Izumi Nakamitsu, made the United Nations' stance on guns very clear.

“Every day, hundreds of lives are lost due to gun violence worldwide. Guns are responsible for about half of all violent deaths – nearly a quarter-million each year," Nakamitsu said, according to the UN website.

According to the United Nations, gun violence can be traced back to "a lack of adequate legislation and regulation on gun control; an insufficient ability to enforce existing laws; youth unemployment and a lack of job opportunities for former gang members and ex-combatants."

"The international community must present a united front against gun violence which kills nearly 250,000 each year and injures many more," Nakamitsu said during her speech.

Nakamitsu reminded the audience that curbing gun violence is part of the United Nations' larger goal of transforming the world through Agenda 2030.

2018 Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence

https://cpnn-world.org/new/?p=12221

Suggested actions for the week include:

* Meeting with parliamentarians or government officials to press for concrete actions and compromises to reduce gun violence that can be reported at RevCon3;

* Engaging media outlets to ensure gun control and disarmament remain a priority in your country – linking it with the upcoming RevCon3;

* Launching a social media campaign (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and blogs) to push governments to take meaningful and effective actions to prevent gun violence. Where possible, use the hashtags #WeekOfAction #EndGunViolence #IANSA

* Holding seminars or workshops

* Organizing rallies or marches

* Participating in television, radio or newspaper interviews

* Conducting community awareness surveys

* Holding sports or arts activities that highlight the importance of reducing gun violence

* Releasing relevant studies and publications

The logos for this year’s Week of Action can be found in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese here. For a report on activities carried out last year, click on this link. Our briefing papers, including “What is RevCon3,” a “Global Overview of the Small Arms Problem, “The Programme of Action on Small Arms: Incomplete without the Inclusion of Ammuntion”, “Civil Society Advocacy Guide,” and “Five Key Issues for RevCon3” can be found here. Our video “Silencing the Guns” can be found here.

I think it'll be pretty obvious the allegiance of any loud mouths this week.

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: UN Global Weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 05:46:22 am »

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I'm expecting gun rights to come up either tomorrow or Tuesday. Remember, one of the dates mentioned by the March for Our Lives Townhall I went to was May 14th. I just found out about this, Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence.

United Nations Quietly Pushes International Gun Control

May 13, 2018 1:45 PM

https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbaumann/2018/05/13/united-nations-quietly-pushes-international-gun-control-n2480303

2018 Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence

https://cpnn-world.org/new/?p=12221

I think it'll be pretty obvious the allegiance of any loud mouths this week.

Last Edit by Palmerston

What next topic of " UN Global Week".
UN do not either. Just waiting for money from "philanthropists" .  >:(

Last Edit by Humphrey

Re: UN Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 07:26:54 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I read this while the news is saying "gazza, shots fired . . . ." etc.

Its not about ending violence, its about disarming only certain people, not others.

Last Edit by Humphrey
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.