You are Here:
States Uniting against the Constitution - Electoral College Circumvention

Author (Read 3821 times)

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
So these states are conspiring against the supreme law of the land. Isn't that sweet? This must be stopped now.

California, District of Colombia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington states have all signed onto an "interstate compact" to use their electoral votes in favor of the candidate who wins the popular vote. The compact goes into effect once the collective of states totals 270 electoral votes. They are at 165 at the moment. It's called the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

Proposed in the form of an interstate compact, the agreement would go into effect among the participating states in the compact only after they collectively represent an absolute majority of votes (currently at least 270) in the Electoral College. In the next presidential election after adoption by the requisite number of states, the participating states would award all of their electoral votes to presidential electors associated with the candidate who wins the overall popular vote in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. As a result, the winner of the national popular vote would always win the presidency by always securing a majority of votes in the Electoral College. Until the compact's conditions are met, all states award electoral votes in their current manner.

The compact would modify the way participating states implement Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution, which requires each state legislature to define a method to appoint its electors to vote in the Electoral College (although systems that violate the 14th Amendment, which mandates equal protection of law and prohibits racial discrimination, would be prohibited). The Constitution does not mandate any particular legislative scheme for selecting electors, and instead vests state legislatures with the exclusive power to choose how to allocate its own electors.[3][4] States have chosen various methods of allocation over the years, with regular changes in the nation's early decades. Today, all but two states (Maine and Nebraska) award all their electoral votes to the candidate with the most votes statewide.

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

JTCoyoté

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
  • "I Shall Never Surrender!" "Remember The Alamo!"
So these states are conspiring against the supreme law of the land. Isn't that sweet? This must be stopped now.

California, District of Colombia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington states have all signed onto an "interstate compact" to use their electoral votes in favor of the candidate who wins the popular vote. The compact goes into effect once the collective of states totals 270 electoral votes. They are at 165 at the moment. It's called the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

Last Edit by Humphrey

If this agreement has already been struck within their state governments without the permission of Congress, then by just engaging in this venture they have already committed a direct violation of Article I Section 10, Clause 3, of the Constitution... ( the 10th Amendment doesn't cover this one folks, the federal government has been expressly granted this power by the Constitution in Article II sec.1 Clause 2, as codified and amended in the 12th Amendment covering the process of presidential elections.)

Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Their first crime, is an unlawful compact and collusion against the United States Constitution which constitutes nothing less than sedition. So, to all of the "Let's make the royal family of America the Clintons and subject ourselves and our doubtless few descendants to Tyranny for the next 500 years" crowd, who seem to populate this lawless movement touted by "Big Hill" every time she opens her mouth... Good luck with that treason you all seem hell bent to commit, for treason it is.

JTCoyoté

"Whereas civil-rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them,
may attempt to tyrannize, and as military forces, which must be occasionally
raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their
fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep
and bear their private arms."
~Tench Coxe.  Remarks on the First Part of the
Amendments to the Federal Constitution

Last Edit by Humphrey

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Yea that's basically what I was going to post. How has this been under the radar for so long? I mean, they might as well try and secede. The federal government should have brought down the hammer years ago on this.

Last Edit by Humphrey

JTCoyoté

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
  • "I Shall Never Surrender!" "Remember The Alamo!"
Yea that's basically what I was going to post. How has this been under the radar for so long? I mean, they might as well try and secede. The federal government should have brought down the hammer years ago on this.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Most folks have no clue what's in the Constitution let alone what is a violation of it. I figure I'll rattle a few pans out on twitter about it and see what I can lure into a rapid fire 140 character per shot discussion. Who knows what may turn up.

JTCoyoté

"Imagine, if you will, that I am an idiot.
Then, imagine that I am also a Congressman.
But, alas, I repeat myself."
  ~Mark Twain

Last Edit by Humphrey

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Nevada has joined the ranks.

Nevada Poised To Become 15th State To Ditch Electoral College

May 22, 20197:31 AM ET
Matthew S. Schwartz

https://npr.org/2019/05/22/725616541/nevada-poised-to-become-15th-state-to-ditch-electoral-college

President Hillary Clinton?

That would have been the result of the 2016 presidential election — if the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact were in effect.

With a state Senate vote Tuesday, Nevada is close to becoming the latest state to sidestep the Electoral College when it comes to electing presidents.

According to the National Popular Vote organization, which oversees efforts to persuade states to join the compact, 14 states and the District of Columbia have agreed to pledge their 189 electors to the winner of the national popular vote — regardless of which candidate won the state. Nevada, with its six electoral votes, would bring the total to 195. Once 270 electors are pledged, the compact would kick in.

The effort is part of a national movement to neuter the Electoral College and give more weight to the popular vote. Democrats in particular have been stung by the Electoral College, which effectively gives disproportional voting power to smaller, rural states that tend to vote Republican. In addition to President Trump, George W. Bush also won the White House without winning the popular vote.

The audacity of these jackasses. Here's the link to the subversive organization's website. Do nothing or the exact opposite of anything it says there if you're an American.

https://nationalpopularvote.com/state/nv

Last Edit by Gladstone

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."
Hilk Hilk .... 4th July, 2019

It's not the first time a President has paraded hardware .... etc etc. Since it's not Extra-Terrestrial Invasion season!

I wonder if it's a prelude to announcing sending of troops to the TexMex Border?
From what I hear, something needs to be done, there.

https://www.apnews.com/5fef7761f14f4c65a7de982359b87bd0

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE and KEVIN FREKING

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.

"It is said: He who rules by the brush, never gets his nose in tush." — Professor Stanley Unwin.