Florida Shooting : #MAGA

Author (Read 7648 times)

Re: Florida Shooting : #MAGA
« Reply #125 on: Jul 05, 2018, 04:54:03 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Stoneman Douglas coach who first spotted gunman is reassigned from school

https://local10.com/news/parkland-school-shooting/stoneman-douglas-baseball-coach-retracts-some-statements-amid-criticism-from-victim-s-father

A baseball coach at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School whose statements to investigators after the shooting have recently come under scrutiny has been reassigned, Broward County school officials said.

Andrew Medina and another coach, David Taylor, will be moved from the Parkland school.

Andrew Medina, who provides unarmed security in front of the school, told deputies on the day of the shooting that left 17 people dead he noticed an Uber pull up to the school and drop off a young man with a black bag.

Medina, who is also the school's baseball coach, became suspicious because of the man's demeanor and thought he recognized him as a former, troubled student, according to a transcript of his interview.

"He's beelining. He's got his head down. He's on a mission, you know. He's on a mission," he said.

Medina said he followed in his golf cart and radioed another campus monitor. He said Cruz was headed for the 1200 building, where all the victims were killed.

"I quickly call my security guard guy who's in the 1200 Building and I said, um, (David) Taylor, Coach Taylor, got a suspicious subject on campus, Medina said in the transcript. "Got a black bag in his hands. Keep your eyes open because I think he's going into your building. So, you know, careful. You know, keep your eyes open."

But the warning wasn't enough. Taylor was unarmed and Nikolas Cruz was carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rife.

"I'm talking about he ran in and not even a minute after he was in we heard -- I heard the first bang, like pow.  And then I hear, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop," he said.

After hearing gunfire, Medina said he immediately alerted Peterson.

"But once I heard the shots, I told the deputy, there's some crazy shots going on.  Then when he heard the shots, that's when he was, like, we got a shooter on, on campus, you know."

Later in the interview, Medina said he had recognized the gunman as "Nik," a former student who had exhibited strange behavior and "always had problems."

"We always was watching him, you know. Like, it was one of those kids that we always kept an eye on," Medina said, explaining to authorities that Cruz always wore black and made racist comments.

He said he texted the other security guards Cruz's name during the shooting.

"We had a meeting about him last year and we said if there's gonna be anybody who's gonna come to this school and shoot this school up, it's gonna be that kid," Medina said.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #126 on: Jul 05, 2018, 05:06:57 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Missed a lot of these articles last month.  A lot of reassignments of key ground players in the shooting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parkland commander for BSO removed from post at city's request

https://local10.com/news/parkland-school-shooting/parkland-commander-for-bso-removed-from-post-at-citys-request

Several sources close to the BSO told Local 10 News investigative reporter Bob Norman that Jordan, a former Fort Lauderdale police officer who was hired by Israel after his election, questioned whether deputies had set up a perimeter, something that law enforcement experts have said wasn't appropriate when policy calls for deputies to neutralize the threat.

Jordan has refused to answer questions about the shooting.

More at the link --->  https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-school-shooting/parkland-commander-for-bso-removed-from-post-at-citys-request

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #127 on: Jul 05, 2018, 05:16:10 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
"I quickly call my security guard guy who's in the 1200 Building and I said, um, (David) Taylor, Coach Taylor, got a suspicious subject on campus, Medina said in the transcript. "Got a black bag in his hands. Keep your eyes open because I think he's going into your building. So, you know, careful. You know, keep your eyes open."

But the warning wasn't enough. Taylor was unarmed and Nikolas Cruz was carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rife.

"I'm talking about he ran in and not even a minute after he was in we heard

"We had a meeting about him last year and we said if there's gonna be anybody who's gonna come to this school and shoot this school up, it's gonna be that kid," Medina said.

Wow so someone he thought was liable to shoot the school up is carrying an obviously fully assembled (because it only took a minute to shoot) AR-15 in a rifle bag in both his hands? Uber driver doesn't notice the full rifle bag either after dropping him off at a school of all places. Coach casually gets on the radio. What else could the bag have been? Garbage? Golf? Lol no matter what it would've been suspicious as all hell.

Know what's become of the lady teacher who said she saw the "full military garb" or something of the like?

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

« Reply #128 on: Jul 05, 2018, 05:18:15 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
And they're correct. Police have no duty to protect according to the Supreme Court. Doesn't matter what the side of their patrol cars say; they are municipal policy enforcers, not body guards. All law enforcement duties should be handed back to the sheriffs/constables/those types. The cops really are their own gang.

Last Edit by Palmerston

I remember a book written years ago called Dial 911 and die which referenced the law and legal cases for each of the states which proved this true.  I am wondering how much Scot Peterson's lawyers will recover from those bringing this civil suit.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #129 on: Jul 05, 2018, 05:35:58 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Wow so someone he thought was liable to shoot the school up is carrying an obviously fully assembled (because it only took a minute to shoot) AR-15 in a rifle bag in both his hands? Uber driver doesn't notice the full rifle bag either after dropping him off at a school of all places. Coach casually gets on the radio. What else could the bag have been? Garbage? Golf? Lol no matter what it would've been suspicious as all hell.

Know what's become of the lady teacher who said she saw the "full military garb" or something of the like?

Last Edit by Palmerston

I believe that the teacher's name is  Stacey Lippel and she did an ABC news interview.

There are not a lot of articles that I could find.  It seems that after the initial abc news interview there is not a lot of information or followup interviews.  No surprise there.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #130 on: Jul 06, 2018, 10:56:30 am »

One Revelator

• InfoWarrior
Silver or lead. Both methods persuade silence. One involves the IRS.

Parkland Shooting Victims’ Families Receive $400K Payouts
July 4, 2018 MHB Admin   3 Comments

In what has become a commonality in mass shooting events the parties involved in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting event that transpired on February 14, 2018 in Parkland Florida are the recipients of substantial monetary payouts to the tune of $400,000 per family via an exclusive GoFundMe campaign apparently initiated and supervised by leading officials of the Broward Education Foundation.

“Nearly 37,000 individuals and companies donated to the fund,”Fort Lauderdale’s FoxNews6 reports.

The fund does not include the millions students have raised through March for Our Lives for advocacy efforts.

Nearly 450 students who were inside the building when the Feb. 14 shooting happened will receive $2,500 and 1,048 students who were on campus during the shooting but not in that building will receive $1,000. Payments will begin on July 16, according to a statement from the foundation.

The story continues,

Nearly everyone who applied for financial support was granted it. There were 1,654 applications submitted and 1,517 were approved, according to the foundation.

The group says 100 percent of the funds raised will go to victims and their families. Payments will begin on July 16.

“These gifts are given without any restriction on their use. The families and recipients are in the best position to determine how these funds would be most beneficial to their healing,” said Christina Fischer, Broward Education Foundation Board Chair.

Andrew Pollack, whose daughter Meadow was killed, says he’s not taking any of the fund for himself but will give the money to her two brothers and her boyfriend.

“It will help my kids when they’re starting out their lives and it will make their sister happy,” said Pollack, who has separately raised more than $400,000 to build a playground in her honor.

Other family members who declined to go on record said they were grateful for the kind donations but saddened because it will not bring their children back.

http://memoryholeblog.org/2018/07/04/parkland-shooting-victims-families-receive-400k-payouts/

Last Edit by Humphrey
Shipp knows exactly who "they" are. Books and slideshow available.

« Reply #131 on: Jul 07, 2018, 09:10:19 am »

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
Thanks poseidonl....,

This is news to me.

I bet the majority of Americans do not know this also.
funnily enough,
I am learning a lot about government by watching DESIGNATED SURVIVOUR.
I can understand this show as a metaphor for 9/11.

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #132 on: Jul 12, 2018, 07:10:18 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Adding this article here since Parkland gun grabbers constantly push for comprehensive background checks along with gun confiscation.    This will lead to more gun owners buying from gun stores being delayed and denied.

Remember to thank the NRA for helping creating NICS sytem.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________

FBI to Add Major Law Enforcement Database to Gun Background Check System

https://thetrace.org/2018/07/fbi-background-check-system-nics-ndex-charleston/

The bureau is getting ready to tap National Data Exchange and its 400 million records to help screen gun buyers. Experts say it would have blocked the Charleston church shooter from obtaining his murder weapon.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is planning a major addition to the gun background check system, years after examiners’ failure to locate critical information allowed a white supremacist to buy the gun he used to murder nine people in a historically black church in Charleston, South Carolina.

Within about two years, background check examiners will have the option to query a vast, previously untapped database of law enforcement records when vetting potential gun buyers. The National Data Exchange, or N-DEx, which is maintained by the FBI, houses more than 400 million records, including incident and arrest reports and probation and parole documents.

The FBI started exploring the possibility of using N-DEx in 2015, following an internal review that found that Charleston gunman Dylann Roof would have been blocked from legally acquiring his murder weapon had examiners been able to tap it.

Stephen Morris, who ran the FBI’s background check division at the time Roof bought his gun, said he has long pushed to give examiners access to N-DEx.

“If there is a system that can be searched, we should be searching it,” he said.

In June, a federal judge in South Carolina who dismissed wrongful death lawsuits against the bureau by the victims’ families slammed the FBI for not querying the database when evaluating the fitness of gun buyers. He called the omission “simple nonsense.”

As the FBI considered the switch, the bureau’s Criminal Justice Information Services Advisory Policy Board conducted a pilot study encompassing more than a million gun background checks. It found that with N-DEx added to the tools for vetting purchasers, two dozen gun buyers who would have been waived through were instead kept from acquiring guns they aren’t allowed to have. Seven more were flagged for further research.

More at the link --->   https://www.thetrace.org/2018/07/fbi-background-check-system-nics-ndex-charleston/

Last Edit by Humphrey

Re: Florida Shooting : Cruz Confession Tape Released
« Reply #133 on: Aug 09, 2018, 02:51:05 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I've only gotten through an hour and 15 minutes so far. He talks about voices, he's said he didn't take anti-depressants, he did take xanax recreationally. There are also some redacted parts, at least once around one of the times he's talking about the voice/s. Idk if the police redacted or USA Today (who posted this)

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #134 on: Aug 09, 2018, 03:45:05 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
^^^ They cut out parts while the two were talking, but now I'm looking at hours of worthless video of him sitting around after asking for a lawyer at around 1:50:00  ::)

Skimmed through it all. The first two hours are the only important parts. At some point his brother shows up and talks with him. I've never seen that in a police interview before.

Last Edit by Humphrey

Wag The Hogg. David Hogg's Political Journey Starts NOW.
« Reply #135 on: Sep 03, 2018, 09:06:13 pm »

#1 Trouble Maker

• Awake
  • Mega InfoWarrior
David Hogg, activists raise thousands for billboard featuring Trump's tweets of Ted Cruz
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/03/david-hogg-activists-raise-thousands-for-billboard-featuring-trumps-tweets-ted-cruz.html

When Ted Cruz is 'sacrificed' for the globalist agenda, David Hogg will emerge as the brains behind a long planned agenda to use corporate media to catapult the young operative's political career.

No doubt will the corporate media give Hogg, Trump like 24 / 7 coverage however in Hogg's case, the media will be falling all over themselves to interview him while paving the way for his 'future' political 'assignment' with free gushing nonstop publicity.

Last Edit by Humphrey
We got the population brain washed, all in a state of shock.  If you become aware well, we don't particularly care because we have the psy-op industrial complex.

« Reply #136 on: Sep 05, 2018, 06:38:37 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
The elite have found a young male to prop up with their disarmenent agenda.  Most of the faces of anti-freedom movement are women.    They are training the next Dianne Feinstein.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

De Blasio and Parkland survivor David Hogg announce new 'Mayors For Our Lives' initiative

https://nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-deblasio-david-hogg-mayors-for-our-lives-20180830-story.html

The March for Our Lives now has a voter registration offshoot — Mayors for Our Lives.

Mayor de Blasio and Parkland school shooting survivor David Hogg announced a bipartisan national effort to register young voters Thursday in an appearance on MSNBC’s Morning Joe.

“What we’re doing with Mayors for Our Lives is we’re announcing a campaign that’s bipartisan, with Republicans and Democrats, to register a new generation of voters,” Hogg said.

Hogg has become a vocal proponent for gun control in the wake of the horrific shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

More at the link --->  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-deblasio-david-hogg-mayors-for-our-lives-20180830-story.html

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #137 on: Sep 05, 2018, 06:44:03 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
The School Shootings That Weren't

https://npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

How many times per year does a gun go off in an American school?

We should know. But we don't.

This spring the U.S. Education Department reported that in the 2015-2016 school year, "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting." The number is far higher than most other estimates.

But NPR reached out to every one of those schools repeatedly over the course of three months and found that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened. Child Trends, a nonpartisan nonprofit research organization, assisted NPR in analyzing data from the government's Civil Rights Data Collection.

We were able to confirm just 11 reported incidents, either directly with schools or through media reports.

In 161 cases, schools or districts attested that no incident took place or couldn't confirm one. In at least four cases, we found, something did happen, but it didn't meet the government's parameters for a shooting. About a quarter of schools didn't respond to our inquiries.

More at the link --->  https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #138 on: Sep 21, 2018, 07:03:31 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Parents of Parkland shooting victims say Broward sheriff, school district stonewalling their requests for public records

https://sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-ne-stoneman-douglas-victims-public-records-suit-20180919-story.html

The parents of two children killed in February’s massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School say public agencies are subverting democracy by stonewalling them in their search for public records related to the case.

The agencies, including prosecutors, the school district and the Sheriff’s Office, are engaging in “an intentional pattern of noncompliance” with the state’s broad public records law, according to a petition filed in the Broward Circuit Court this week.

The legal action was filed by the parents of students Meadow Pollack and Carmen Schentrup, who died in the shooting spree.

The school board, Sheriff’s Office, State Attorney’s Office and Florida Highway Patrol have consistently and repeatedly blocked their efforts to obtain information, ignoring the public’s right to know that has been a part of state law since 1892, according to the victims’ families.

“The demand for access to public records is an American principle dating back to the Colonial Era and was specifically enumerated by Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence,” their lawyers wrote.

The school district replied to one public records request for e-mail correspondence with a cost estimate of at least $4,300.

Another request, for meeting records and training exercise information, was rebuffed because the school district said it would expose security plans.

More at the link --->  http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-ne-stoneman-douglas-victims-public-records-suit-20180919-story.html

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #139 on: Sep 21, 2018, 07:11:48 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Identifying and cultivating the next patsy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDER THAT EVALUATED NIKOLAS CRUZ BEFORE PARKLAND SHOOTING TO SERVICE FLORIDA CHARTER SCHOOLS

https://newsweek.com/mental-health-provider-evaluated-parkland-shooter-nikolas-cruz-services-1131644

BY MARIA PEREZ ON 9/20/18 AT 1:34 PM

A charter school membership organization is partnering with the former mental health care provider of suspected Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz to render mental health care services to their schools.

The Florida Consortium of Public Charter Schools (FCPCS) announced on Wednesday that it will be partnering with Broward County’s Henderson Behavioral Health to provide mental health services to the schools, according to a news release.

Henderson Behavioral Health will provide services such as mental health assessment, diagnosis, intervention, treatment and recovery services to students who are suffering from mental health problems or those who are at high risk for such diagnoses. The services will be free of charge for the students, according to the news release. Mental Health Awareness training will also be offered to school staff members for a $25 fee.

“The Florida Consortium of Public Charter Schools (FCPCS) is pleased to support its member schools, as well as their students, faculty, administrators and others, in obtaining required mental health services,” said Robert Haag, President of FCPCS. “Our partnership with Henderson Behavioral Health will make it easy for FCPCS member schools to fulfill their mental health services obligations.”

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #140 on: Sep 21, 2018, 07:20:28 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
The cover-up starts at the top.  Rick Scott will be rewarded in a Senate seat for this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cops in Parkland shooting under investigation for crimes

https://sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-school-shooting-police-response-investigation-20180921-story.html

Florida’s top law enforcement agency says it is investigating whether police committed crimes while responding to February’s mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Immediately after the shooting, Gov. Rick Scott ordered the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate law enforcement’s response to the shooting, including actions by school deputy Scot Peterson, who took cover outside rather than rush into the building as teachers and children were being shot.

Now, the FDLE tells the South Florida Sun Sentinel that its investigation is criminal in nature. The claim surprised legal experts and raised questions about whether police could be held criminally liable for faltering and not swiftly taking down the shooter.

In addition, experts question whether the label of a criminal investigation is actually designed to shield public records from view. Florida law allows law enforcement to withhold some records related to active criminal investigations.

Besides Peterson, several other deputies, unsure of where the shooter was, took cover behind cars during the shooting. Police did not enter the school until 11 minutes after the first shot. Seventeen people, 14 of them students, died as a gunman marched through the school with an AR-15 rifle.

The FDLE’s communications director, Gretl Plessinger, said the agency is investigating “if there was anything illegal done by the law enforcement officers who responded to the scene that day.” She would not identify the target of the investigation, but she said it is not Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel,

More at the link  --->  http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-school-shooting-police-response-investigation-20180921-story.html

Last Edit by Humphrey

« Reply #141 on: Dec 09, 2018, 09:20:02 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
This is a long article, but an informative read.  The behavior of the school district and crisis management teams  is similar to the response of government officials during 9/11 and Las Vegas Shooting.  As we all know there is much more to this story than will ever be revealed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hide, deny, spin, threaten: How the school district tried to mask failures that led to Parkland shooting

https://sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-district-secrecy-20181112-story.html

Immediately after 17 people were murdered inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the school district launched a persistent effort to keep people from finding out what went wrong.

For months, Broward schools delayed or withheld records, refused to publicly assess the role of employees, spread misinformation and even sought to jail reporters who published the truth.

New information gathered by the South Florida Sun Sentinel proves that the school district knew far more than it’s saying about a disturbed former student obsessed with death and guns who mowed down staff and students with an assault rifle on Valentine’s Day.

After promising an honest assessment of what led to the shooting, the district instead hired a consultant whose primary goal, according to school records, was preparing a legal defense. Then the district kept most of those findings from the public.

The district also spent untold amounts on lawyers to fight the release of records and nearly $200,000 to pay public relations consultants who advised administrators to clam up, the Sun Sentinel found.

Officials refused at times to respond to even simple questions from reporters, telling them to wait for the consultant’s report:

-- In mid-March, spokeswoman Nadine Drew declined to explain why Cruz was banned from carrying a backpack at school, information that had already been revealed publicly.

-- Later that month, Runcie cited the report in declining to confirm that Cruz participated in the JROTC military program, a fact that was widely known.

-- In May, Runcie said the district would “wait until we have the facts” in the report before talking in detail about Cruz’s involvement in PROMISE, a program that gives students a second chance after disciplinary problems.

Additionally, the school district refused in October to release a presentation by internal security expert Al Butler because it supposedly contained security secrets, but then the state commission released it the next month.

At one point, the district said it would cost $2,600 for reporters to see copies of letters that teachers and staff sent to School Board members after the shooting. The district said it would charge $2,700 for Principal Ty Thompson’s emails related to Cruz, the tragedy and security.

Journalists obtained some of the letters months later after negotiating a lower price. Other emails were released only after the parents of dead students sued the school district, saying they had been unable to obtain public records.

The Sun Sentinel has petitioned to join that suit, one of several cases that have led the district into court over secrecy.

Just two weeks after the attack, news companies sued the district to obtain surveillance video from outside Stoneman Douglas so the public could evaluate the response of police officers. The school district argued that the footage would give away security secrets. An appellate judge rejected that argument, calling the video “something that the parents of students should be able to evaluate to participate in future decisions concerning the safety of their children.”

The school district was back in court after its consultant’s report was completed. After first refusing to release the report, school lawyers suddenly sought a judge’s permission to do so, but only with vast sections blacked out to hide Cruz’s information.

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #142 on: Jan 05, 2019, 08:16:09 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
According to the official story, at least 5 officers "stood down" during Parkland Shooting.   Were they scared or just following commands?    The elite only protect and give special rights to police officers when it benefits them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BSO deputy who failed to confront Parkland shooter is disciplined after scathing report

https://miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article223901120.html

A day after a statewide commission released a scathing report on the handling of the Parkland shooting that left 17 students and high school faculty members dead, a Broward Sheriff’s deputy who did not confront the gunman was placed on restricted duty.

Deputy Joshua Stambaugh was informed of the decision by BSO at 9 a.m. Thursday, Jeff Bell, the union president confirmed.

The discipline, first reported Thursday by the Sun Sentinel, marks the third time a BSO deputy has been placed under investigation for not confronting Nikolas Cruz, who walked into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High on Feb. 14 and opened fire, killing 17 and wounding 17 others. The two other deputies placed on restricted duty — which means they have to turn in their badge and gun — are deputy Edward Eason and BSO Sgt. Brian Miller.

Two additional deputies — including the widely criticized school resource officer Scot Peterson — have since retired from BSO.

More at the link --->  https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article223901120.html

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #143 on: Jan 05, 2019, 08:19:17 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Link to the Public Commission report about Parkland Shooting. The "offical" narrative  is 458 pages long.   I will try to pull out excerpts when I have the time.

https://fdle.state.fl.us/MSDHS/CommissionReport.pdf

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #144 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:12:00 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Another lackey takes the fall.  After initiating the stand down at Parkland and implementing gun confiscation orders (red flag laws), Scott Israel is no longer useful to those in charge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis suspends Broward Sheriff Scott Israel over Parkland massacre response

https://cbsnews.com/amp/news/florida-gov-ron-desantis-suspends-broward-sheriff-scott-israel-over-parkland-massacre-response/

Fort Lauderdale, Fla. -- Florida's new governor has suspended the sheriff whose deputies were assigned to protect the Parkland school where 17 people died in a massacre last February. Gov. Ron DeSantis removed Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel on Friday. He appointed former Coral Springs police Sgt. Gregory Tony to replace Israel.

During the campaign, DeSantis originally said he would suspend Israel, but then backed off slightly, saying he would hold officeholders accountable. DeSantis tweeted Friday that the suspension was over Israel's "repeated failures, incompetence and neglect of duty."

"The massacre might never have happened had Broward had better leadership in the sheriff's department," DeSantis said.

A state commission investigating the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School recently concluded Israel's changes to the department's active shooter policy may have contributed to some deputies' inaction during the shooting. DeSantis' executive order says that Israel inserted into the department's active shooter policy that deputies "may" enter a building to confront a shooter in order to preserve life.

More at the link --->  https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/florida-gov-ron-desantis-suspends-broward-sheriff-scott-israel-over-parkland-massacre-response/

Last Edit by Larry

« Reply #145 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:21:28 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
This man seems to know a lot more than he can reveal.  Notice he says "They" killed my daughter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parkland shooting: Father Andrew Pollack is a man driven to end an ‘evil system’

https://palmbeachpost.com/news/20190208/parkland-shooting-father-andrew-pollack-is-man-driven-to-end-evil-system

“I haven’t smiled since my daughter was murdered. I just can’t do it. You can’t enjoy yourself anymore in life,” he says, gazing across the rocky lot. “And it was the most avoidable shooting in the country’s history. Everyone has been affected by this and they’ll never be the same.”

’They killed my daughter;

I have to expose these people’

But Pollack is more than a grieving father. He’s a grieving father with a plan -- and an enemies list.

“I’m a changed guy. They killed my daughter,” he says. “I have to expose these people first before I can get any sort of peace in my life. And I’m doing it. One by one, I’m going to finish these people off.”

The top spot on Pollack’s must-go list: Broward Superintendent Robert Runcie. Pollack accuses the schools chief of lenient policies he believes contributed to the events of Feb. 14, 2018.

It was a culture of leniency that allowed a campus monitor named Andrew Medina to be in charge of the school’s gate that afternoon, says Pollack. Four months before the shooting, a schools disciplinary committee had recommended firing the 39-year-old Medina after complaints of sexual harassment from students, but the district’s human resources chief gave him a three-day suspension instead.

After the shooting, the campus monitor, who was also an assistant baseball coach, told investigators he had left the gate unlocked and unattended. He said he recognized the gunman who was “beelining” toward a building filled with hundreds of students, but didn’t know his name. “Crazy Boy” is how Medina referred to Cruz, a former student expelled a year earlier for threatening behavior.

“I knew who the kid was because we had a meeting about him last year and we said, ‘If there’s gonna be anybody who’s gonna come to this school and shoot this school up, it’s gonna be that kid,’” Medina told Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives in a videotaped interview.

But the unarmed monitor didn’t call a “Code Red,” the call that would have alerted teachers and school authorities to lock classroom doors. By the time the first Code Red call came that day, investigators found, the gunman had shot 24 people.

Meadow, a high school senior who planned to attend Lynn University and dreamed of being a lawyer, was shot nine times, four times as she tried to escape into a classroom and five more times as she made a futile attempt to shield another student. (That student also was killed.) It was only later that her father would learn Meadow was one of the students who had accused Medina of harassment. (She was 17 at the time.) Pollack also would learn a second campus monitor, David Taylor, hid in a janitor’s closet during the shooting.

“What kills me is if they would have done their jobs, you might have had someone at the gate with a half a brain,” says Pollack. “My dog, Sonny, would have done a better job at the gate, of not letting that kid walk in with a rifle bag. Can you imagine living with that? That they let him work at the gate, after he was found guilty of harassing the girls and one of the girls was my daughter? And I didn’t even know? That’s something that kills me. The guy shouldn’t have been at the gate, and they let that idiot at the gate.”

Pollack says he was stunned to learn the campus monitors were allowed to return to their jobs after the massacre.

“No one lost their jobs for leaving the gates open. That would have been something. That would have been holding people accountable,” he says.

It wasn’t until the sheriff’s office interview transcript was published four months later that the two men were reassigned. Several months after that, they were fired.

Medina got a coaching job with a local youth travel league. On Wednesday, Pollack confronted him at a Pine Trails Park ballfield and heckled Medina, according to a document filed in Broward Circuit court. The father yelled at Medina: “I’m not through with you yet,” the document stated.

The coach is pursuing a restraining order.

For Pollack, the details of how the schools dealt with Medina amount to a failed system. It’s a system he wants to escape, but one he says he feels obligated to fight.

“Instead of being able to grieve as parents that have lost our kids, we’re in a battle against unethical politicians in Broward,” he says. “Instead of just being able to move on with our lives, we can’t. We’re left with a battle against these people. And it’s a battle every day.”

Last Edit by Gladstone

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Gun confiscation without due process in 15 states.  Coming nationwide soon if not within this year then the next election regardless who wins the presidency.  Soon they will reveal that have partnered with Palantir, Facebook and Google to monitor our online activity and factor that in these gun confiscation orders.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thousands of guns taken under Red Flag law, but South Florida lags in applying it

https://sun-sentinel.com/news/crime/fl-ne-red-flag-law-review-20190921-ygedayoyybaczmpzrrsy7kssdu-story.html

Florida has taken guns away from 2,000 residents in the year and a half since the state passed its Red Flag law, but while advocates tout the measure’s success and seek to have it expanded nationwide, statistics also show that much of the state has been slow to get on board.

The law empowers police to take weapons out of the hands of those who are likely to use them to harm themselves or others.

But state figures indicate Broward County, home to the mass shooting that inspired the law, has not been the most aggressive in using it, though it is using the law more frequently than most of the state’s largest counties.

A background check can identify someone who shouldn’t have a weapon based on his or her past, but red flags, formally known as “extreme risk protection orders,” are designed to identify people who could pass a background check but are at risk of using the gun for harm in the near future.

So far, judges have gone along with law enforcement a vast majority of the time — nearly 97 percent of temporary orders and 99 percent of final orders are granted statewide.

Broward Chief Administrative Judge Jack Tuter said the county has handled about one case every day since the law was passed, not including weekends. They break down into three categories, he said. The largest group is people suffering “an acute mental health crisis,” which includes people who are suicidal or who are temporarily committed to mental treatment under the state’s Baker Act.

Other cases involve people who have already used a weapon or committed a criminal act. In those cases, the risk protection order would be the kind of thing that would remove the person’s access to guns and prevent him from purchasing a gun at least as long as the order is in effect, Tuter said.

The third category, he said, involves a slew of other people who don’t fit into the first two, including teenagers who make threats against schools and people whose suspicious behavior prompts a friend or family member to call police.

“No one deprived of access to guns, to my knowledge, has gone on to commit any shooting,” Tuter said. “It served the purpose it was intended to serve: who is going to argue that a person with a mental health crisis shouldn’t have access to a weapon?”

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #147 on: Oct 28, 2019, 09:33:26 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Advocates warn kids' privacy at risk in GOP gun violence bill

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/467548-advocates-warn-kids-privacy-at-risk-in-gop-gun-violence-bill

After months of deliberations, including meetings with victims and law enforcement officials in communities wracked by deadly shootings, Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) introduced a Republican-backed “bill to help prevent mass shootings" on Wednesday.

The Restoring, Enhancing, Strengthening, and Promoting Our Nation’s Safety Efforts (Response) Act, which has several Republican co-sponsors, bundles some of the top GOP proposals to combat mass shootings into one bill. It would expand resources for mental health treatment, facilitate the creation of “behavioral intervention teams” to monitor students exhibiting disturbing behavior and offer new tools for law enforcement.

The bill’s school safety proposals are a response to years of school shootings perpetrated by young people described as isolated and troubled.

But advocates have raised red flags over the Response Act’s requirement that schools begin monitoring their computer networks to “detect [the] online activities of minors who are at risk of committing self-harm or extreme violence against others.”

Under Cornyn’s legislation, nearly all federally funded schools in the U.S. would be required to install software to surveil students’ online activities, potentially including their emails and searches, in order to flag “violent” or alarming content.

More at the link ---->  https://thehill.com/policy/technology/467548-advocates-warn-kids-privacy-at-risk-in-gop-gun-violence-bill

Last Edit by Gladstone