Mushrooms Cure Depression By Doing The Exact Opposite Of Anti-Depressants

Author (Read 824 times)

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

NaturalBlaze.com
http://www.naturalblaze.com/

New Study Reveals Mushrooms Cure Depression By Doing The Exact Opposite Of Anti-Depressants
http://www.naturalblaze.com/2018/01/mushrooms-cure-depression-better-antidepressants.html

'A recent study shows that psilocybin-assisted therapy mitigates depression by increasing emotional connection—the exact opposite of anti-depressants.

A revolutionary new study is once again revealing a natural approach to be far superior to big pharma solutions—this time involving psilocybin, the active compound in magic mushrooms.

The study, published in the scientific journal Neuropharmacology, found that clinically depressed people had increased neural responses to fearful faces one day after a psilocybin-assisted therapy session, which positively predicted positive clinical outcomes.

“Psilocybin-assisted therapy might mitigate depression by increasing emotional connection,” neuroscientist and study author Leor Roseman, a Ph.D. student at Imperial College London, explained to PsyPost.

This is almost the exact opposite of how standard anti-depressants operate, as SSRI’s typically work by creating an “emotional blunting.”

“[T]his is unlike SSRI antidepressants which are criticized for creating in many people a general emotional blunting,” noted Roseman.'

Read More : New Study Reveals Mushrooms Cure Depression By Doing The Exact Opposite Of Anti-Depressants

Icke

Last Edit by Humphrey
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

Magic Mushrooms Fight Authoritarianism
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 04:55:05 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

AlteRnet.org

Magic Mushrooms Fight Authoritarianism
http://www.alternet.org/drugs/magic-mushrooms-fight-authoritarianism-psilocybin-psychedelics

'Psychedelic drugs have been associated with anti-authoritarian counter-cultures since the 1960s, but a new study suggests using psilocybin, the psychedelic compound in magic mushrooms, actually makes people less likely to embrace authoritarian views, PsyPost reports. The study conducted by the Psychedelic Research Group at Imperial College London was published in the journal Psychopharmacology.

While other studies have linked the use of psychedelics to a greater sense of oneness with nature, openness to new experiences and political and social liberalism, this is the first to provide experimental evidence their use can leading to lasting changes in these attitudes.

In the study, researchers gave two oral doses of psilocybin to seven participants suffering from treatment-resistant major depression while a control group of seven healthy subjects did not receive psilocybin. Researchers surveyed participants about their political views and relationship to nature before the sessions, one week after the sessions, and 7-12 months later.

Subjects who received the psilocybin treatment showed a significant decrease in authoritarian attitudes after treatment, and that reduction was sustained over time. They also reported a significant increase in a sense of relatedness to nature.'

Read More : Magic Mushrooms Fight Authoritarianism

Icke

Last Edit by Humphrey
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
Back in the days  when I was studying for my BA degree,
certain psychedelics were not yet declared illegal.
To this day,
particular natural (herbal) psychedelics
are still allowed in the USA if used in religious rituals.,
eg. peyote in certain Native American tribes.

When I took my first course in research  & statistics,
I learned that in designing a research study,
in order for the results to be considered statistically significant,
one needed a minimum of 30 subjects.

These researchers used  only 14,
7 of which were lucky enough to get the mushrooms.
This suggests to me that this was only a pilot aka trial study,
and further research is being planned.

I would not be surprised if 23 researchers had a blissful party one weekend !

;)

Last Edit by Humphrey

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior

NaturalBlaze.com
http://www.naturalblaze.com/

New Study Reveals Mushrooms Cure Depression By Doing The Exact Opposite Of Anti-Depressants
http://www.naturalblaze.com/2018/01/mushrooms-cure-depression-better-antidepressants.html

'A recent study shows that psilocybin-assisted therapy mitigates depression by increasing emotional connection—the exact opposite of anti-depressants.

A revolutionary new study is once again revealing a natural approach to be far superior to big pharma solutions—this time involving psilocybin, the active compound in magic mushrooms.

The study, published in the scientific journal Neuropharmacology, found that clinically depressed people had increased neural responses to fearful faces one day after a psilocybin-assisted therapy session, which positively predicted positive clinical outcomes.

“Psilocybin-assisted therapy might mitigate depression by increasing emotional connection,” neuroscientist and study author Leor Roseman, a Ph.D. student at Imperial College London, explained to PsyPost.

This is almost the exact opposite of how standard anti-depressants operate, as SSRI’s typically work by creating an “emotional blunting.”

“[T]his is unlike SSRI antidepressants which are criticized for creating in many people a general emotional blunting,” noted Roseman.'

Read More : New Study Reveals Mushrooms Cure Depression By Doing The Exact Opposite Of Anti-Depressants

Icke

Last Edit by Larry

Finally "science" is catching up to what natural healers have known for thousands of years.

I bet the pharmaceutical industry already has applied for patents  on this new "wonder drug".

Last Edit by Humphrey