You are Here:
Iain Duncan Smith, Minister for DWP, says "We're moving in the right Direction".

Author (Read 5519 times)

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."
 Well I'm thinking of moving to Iceland. How do you like them apples?

Iain Duncan Smith: employment is ‘heading in the right direction’ - video

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/video/2013/feb/20/iain-duncan-smith-employment-video

"The Claimant count is falling, the economically inactive figures, those who were never expected to work; - the lame sick and disabled are going back to work more than they ever did before" ... (or dying because of his ATOS Healthcare buddies from FRANCE, and their intractable 'everyone is 110% fit & ready for work including the Dead king Henry V', recently found buried under a Leicester Car-Park)

It's more likely that what he's thinking is ...
 - "I shall give you (ATOS-Siemens) £5 for every body you bring me." To quote from Spike Milligan's Moriarty character.
The actual realworld figure varies officially (according to a BBC Five Live report, amongst other sources) from £4.000 to £10,000 per head.

The shit is going to hit the fan ... again. Oh Good.
 — I hate peace. War is good for business you know.

"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.

"It is said: He who rules by the brush, never gets his nose in tush." — Professor Stanley Unwin.

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Some serious plus points, and some serious bad points..

Learning Icelandic... hmm...
Free Internet - w00t !

Good place to be tee-total, since it requires a small bank loan to buy a beer. Well, actually until very recently beer was completely illegal in Iceland. Like I said, bad place to be a boozer, although they have a tragic amount of alcoholism.

In short, if you want a drink, its quicker and easier to ferment, and brew, and distill than to save up the money to buy a drink.

On the plus side, they have things like amazing outdoor swimming in the blue lagoon
http://www.bluelagoon.com/

If you like to be left alone, then the countryside is pretty much empty, apart from the odd Troll of the non-internet variety.

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

• InfoWarrior
MoominTroll.

"It is said: He who rules by the brush, never gets his nose in tush." — Professor Stanley Unwin.

• InfoWarrior
I have wondered about moving to Iceland.
Some serious plus points, and some serious bad points..

Learning Icelandic... hmm...
Free Internet - w00t !

JG thinks: Why read a book, for instance, on physics, online, when you can get a hard-copy that is actually affected by the forces of Gravity. It won't disappear into the ether when your hard drive dies, again.

Good place to be tee-total, since it requires a small bank loan to buy a beer. Well, actually until very recently beer was completely illegal in Iceland. Like I said, bad place to be a boozer, although they have a tragic amount of alcoholism.

In short, if you want a drink, its quicker and easier to ferment, and brew, and distill than to save up the money to buy a drink.

To Quote Red Buttler in 'Gone with The Wind', the movie version of a story about the First American civil-war:
"A word of Advice Scarlett, never drink alone, for if it gets out, and people hear about it; it can ruin your Reputation".

Min Tykke Tante vil kjøpe noen flasker vin.
"My Fat Aunt will buy some bottles of wine."

God Natt!
"Last one out turn the lights off" or 'Goodnight' actually ...

Norwegian. Very Sad! Never mind.