You are Here:
What do people expect from a particular forum?

Author (Read 4534 times)

What do people expect from a particular forum?
« on: Nov 25, 2016, 08:21:23 pm »

Letsbereal

I think a lot of people know me here since I've been posting on Forum.PrisonPlanet since 1 January 2009.

Most recently I got banned from Forum.PrisonPlanet till December 24, 2016 for being a 'post whore' https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/postwhore

I don't feel like one and so don't my followers I've got in contact with and telling me this. Frankly I think the lack of participation on the forum is what is killing it, not me on the contrary I think.

Also because other members are operating on the same way which is good.

This could be a good opportunity to discuss what originators of a particular forum expect from their forum and their forum members and what forum members themselves think about this.

Before I post anything anywhere I think this is a very important discussion to have.

So just let me know what you think?

Re: What do people expect from a particular forum?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2016, 08:44:26 pm »

Jacob Law

• Awakened
That's BS you are the best poster on the site; when did this happen, who in the hell is doing shit like this?
Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2016, 08:48:09 pm »

Jacob Law

• Awakened
I think a lot of people know me here since I've been posting on Forum.PrisonPlanet since 1 January 2009.

Most recently I got banned from Forum.PrisonPlanet till December 24, 2016 for being a 'post whore' https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/postwhore

I don't feel like one and so don't my followers I've got in contact with and telling me this. Frankly I think the lack of participation on the forum is what is killing it, not me on the contrary I think.

Also because other members are operating on the same way which is good.

This could be a good opportunity to discuss what originators of a particular forum expect from their forum and their forum members and what forum members themselves think about this.

Before I post anything anywhere I think this is a very important discussion to have.

So just let me know what you think?

I thought you were a global moderator, who in the hell does this person think he is?
Right now the site is down, something is happening, very strange.
I am going to post something about it and find out what's up, I notice the Back from the Club was worried about being ban, shit who is doing this?
Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2016, 08:56:51 pm »

Jacob Law

• Awakened
I posted that you were banned, I let you know what happens.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »

Letsbereal

That's BS you are the best poster on the site; when did this happen, who in the hell is doing shit like this?

TnX for the kind words and I am told the same thing by some other forum members I've got in contact with.

This happened on November 24. 2016 so got a ban for exactly one month I guess.

Sorry Letsbereal, you are banned from using this forum!
post whore
This ban is set to expire December 24, 2016, 02:20:50 PM.

People should know that I am not their regular hanky panky with which you can play around with bans. I am very serious guy committed to my quest of keeping people informed.

When I arrived at the Forum.PrisonPlanet at 1 January 2009 I did notice that some well respected forum members left at around that time and I've always wondered what that was all about. Now I am going to find out trough my own experience I guess.

Like said I think the lack of participants is killing that forum, and now I am going to learn how that happened and that's a shame.

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2016, 09:06:51 pm »

Letsbereal

I posted that you were banned, I let you know what happens.

TnX it's good to have the word out since I can't. I wish I knew who is responsible for this but it wasn't Brocke although he dislikes me:

Well, I wasn’t the mod who banned you. In fact I did not know that you had been banned until I got your email.

Question: Am I the only mod who has brought to your attention that your manic posting style is wasteful and counterproductive?

Because if multiple mods have cautioned you and you refused to correct your behaviour I suggest that it is you who deserve the sarcastic congratulations. You sealed your own fate.

By the way, I am not going to be the mod that bans you because I believe that I am biased an my dislike for you and your insane posting habits disqualify me from being able to make a fair decision.

Your ban is only for a month. It’s a slap on the wrist. Take it like a man and return on December 24, 2016, 02:20:50 PM with some humility and resolve to behave in a manner more beneficial to the forum.

Take this opportunity to reflect on why it came to this.

If other (god) admins are on the same trail as his this will mean, unfortunately, I can't operate there anymore.

I will return on December 24th to find out what's going on before I post anything serious there.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2016, 09:47:29 pm »

Jacob Law

• Awakened

Re: Letsbereal Banned
« Sent to: Jacob Law  on: Today at 08:40:12 PM » 

Delete

Quote from: Jacob Law on Today at 08:33:32 PM

Did you hear about this; what's up.

I only just earlier (About 10 minutes ago I think) saw the thread.

I don't know who made the decision to ban, and I personally think it seems unethical.

Letsbereal's account is listed as a moderator for at least 6 different boards on this forum.

He seemed dedicated.

For all we know, someone could have figured out a global mod's or admin's account password and banned him, and is simply laughing about it right now.

I personally suggest that all the mods simply vote whether or not to unban the account, and if the account which decided to ban him does not respond at all, then it could be a sign of a hacked account. (an off-the-top-of-my-head idea) I'm clueless as to what truly went on, leading up to that ban.

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2016, 11:03:00 pm »

Letsbereal

btw for the people who still like to follow my posts they can on http://www.maxkeiser.com/ at the comment section at each Max & Stacy episode under Youri Carma.

Latest: http://www.maxkeiser.com/2016/11/kr997-keiser-report-how-clinton-lost-the-rustbelt/

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2016, 11:12:17 pm »

Jacob Law

• Awakened
So you know everyone is coming to your defense; no one has owned up to banning you and some are saying it was a mistake.
I think there may be an apology coming.
I will post your comment on the Letsbereal Banned?????? Thread
I really cause a big stir.

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2016, 03:51:51 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I can only view PPF as a Guest - in case anyone is wondering.
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2016, 08:41:10 am »

Letsbereal

The ban has been suddenly lifted on FPP I discovered by just try and error logging in.

Haven't received any PM with an explanation though which is strange.

TnX for the help ya'll because without you I wouldn't be back so soon.

So back to business as usual for the time being ...

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2016, 08:58:22 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I should post more on here just to be social.

« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2016, 11:05:59 am »

Jacob Law

• Awakened
I should post more on here just to be social.

yes I miss your take on things; we think we have narrowed in down to Brocke as the mod who ban Letsbereal, but we can't figure out how he did it by himself?
Funny because Letsbereal doesn't think it was Brocke; but Jackson Holly found the term post whore used by Brocke, http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=317075.msg1605275#msg1605275 and after seeing his post I think he did it, strange I wish who ever did it would come out and apologies; but this Brocke guy seems to have all the power, what do you know about him?

« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2016, 11:22:36 am »

Jacob Law

• Awakened
He modified his post this was the original before he modified.

Quote from: Letsbereal on September 20, 2016, 08:10:01 PM

Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton died on

17 September 2016,  9:50 PM Eastern Sunday Night

(October 26, 1947 - September 17, 2016)

Fetzer & Rense - Hillary Clinton's Body Doubles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PglfcWH__K4

Sep 20, 2016 TheRapeOfJustice

Jim Fetzer in The Jeff Rense Show, September 15 & 19, 2016.

Rot like a rotten ham in hell!!!

Letsbereal, Prison Planet Forum's Sorcha Faal.

Letsbereal = post whore and a catastrophist troll. (Brocke has spoken)

This sad because I like Brocke's take on things, but this is strange and out right weird!

« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2016, 12:04:09 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
yes I miss your take on things; we think we have narrowed in down to Brocke as the mod who ban Letsbereal, but we can't figure out how he did it by himself?
Funny because Letsbereal doesn't think it was Brocke; but Jackson Holly found the term post whore used by Brocke, http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=317075.msg1605275#msg1605275 and after seeing his post I think he did it, strange I wish who ever did it would come out and apologies; but this Brocke guy seems to have all the power, what do you know about him?

He is a good bloke mate.

« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »

Jacob Law

• Awakened

« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2016, 11:58:25 am »

iamc

• Sr. InfoWarrior
 Well, well the infamous Prison Planet Foolish BANNING...Not a Good Thing: and it shows how a little power, corrupts  a lot!

There was NO Reason to BAN, LBR, so it shows how 'Foolish' it was.
When the Truth was Murdered:
Common Sense ran away...

« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2016, 01:12:52 pm »

Dude447

• Awakened
I dont know why people get banned its rare and  quickly rectified. For me that is the whole thing about GGM and PPF is we are basically all on the same page some times we all agree sometimes we dont some times it gets really heated thats what keeps us all together .O n aside note I dont know who funds GGM but its always up and talking back when the shit hits the fan huge respect from me .

« Reply #18 on: Dec 13, 2016, 10:07:35 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
 ;D

« Reply #19 on: Dec 13, 2016, 05:26:53 pm »

Dude447

• Awakened
Well that is the point I am trying to make here we all need to be as factual as possible when posting just look at all the BS that the mainstream media etc are throwing out there trying to get us all to take the bait .

« Reply #20 on: Dec 14, 2016, 03:19:09 pm »

Brocke

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened

Storm in a teacup: Letsbereal banned on PPF for one hour.

I find this thread and the exchange within it quite unsettling. It smacks of cronyism and the seeds of conspiracy. Concepts that as members of these forums we should abhor.

I did not ban Letsbereal. But let me be clear, I do detest Letsbereal. I think he has created a personal Blog of web bookmarks on the PPF (28,000 subjects). Honestly if you really think that Letsbereal is a great guy and provides a valuable service to PPF then the forum truly is in it's death throes.

If you want to know about me just ask. I have no secrets. I do not hide behind a pseudonym. My personal email is available for you to see.

Do a search on the PPF have a look at my posting history dating back to 2007.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=1759

I don't "have all the power" LOL. I appreciate the fact that you think I am omnipotent, but the truth is there are other mods who have much higher seniority that I do. EvadingGrid is one of them. I rarely reprimand a member in public or or use the ban hammer.

Letsbereal has been asked in the nicest possible ways on multiple occasions and by several Global Mods to alter his posting habits. Not to stop. Just to correct some habits that these mods felt were an issue:
  • Clogging the threads with too many posts in very short periods of time
  • Burying other members posts under dozens of his own posts
  • Not engaging in the development of a threads content but simply rapid fire posting headlines and links
  • Having a really poor attitude towards the other mods especially Global Mods
  • Not really moderating at all, just posting as if the threads he moderates are his own personal blogs
If you think that I am not a useful member of the PPF community please contact the other mods, Admin and Infowars and let them know. No doubt if enough of Letsbereals supporters made enough noise I would be removed from the community.

I must say I am very disappointed in the attitude and behavior I am seeing on both forums.
Are you in earnest resolved never to barter your liberty for the lordly servitude of a court, but to live free, fearless, and independent? Then never enter the place from whence so few have been able to return; never come within the circle of ambition; nor ever bring yourself into comparison with those masters of the earth who have already engrossed the attention of half mankind before you.

« Reply #21 on: Dec 15, 2016, 07:24:38 pm »

iamc

• Sr. InfoWarrior
 ^^^^^ Brocke; I did not know all of the inside info you showed above. Interesting!

I can see ya guys with Blue Mod. positions have a lot to contend with: Tough part time gig.

PPF will continue, and so will this Forum...as long as there are people willing to participate;)
Common Sense ran away...

« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:15:56 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
During my reign of terror as Admin, all the stats on the forum took a nose dive. While I do not hold my entirely responsible for the collapse in traffic, I don't blame anyone in particular.

Forums across the web, once active have been replaced with things like Facebook. Infowars launched that Planet Infowars, and even hired a moderator. That split traffic, and it did a lot of damage to forum.prisonplanet only to collapse pretty fast.

Other things that went wrong would be the server got targeted by 20 legions of spambots. The spam bots not only made the server crash, but the spam posts got found by search engines and lowered our search engine ranking. That killed a lot of traffic. Despite not having access to the server code, I figured out a method to start running IP checks on these spambots - who mostly came from the Ukraine. It tooks months, but in the end I got rid of all the spambots.

Side effect of getting rid of the spambots, was it got rid of almost 99% of trolls. See the spambots operate out of large data warehouses, so I felt quiet safe adding those entire blocks of ip addresses. What I did not realise, was that at the same time I was killing the VPN servers the trolls use to hide their IP address. I'm still digesting the implications. Who did I really ban ? How many where not even human, but sophisticated webots . . . How many genuine users did I ban because they shared a server with the spambots - no idea.

It might be worthwhile temporarily suspending some of those IP block lists, but that is for some body else to think about.

Now I've written a lot of text about what went wrong, and I've blamed nobody but myself.

There is more, by banning the trolls the forum became a bot boring. Truth is we all like a bit of drama, and when the members join together to fight a troll a real community spirit is felt. See, the trolls united us in fighting the new world order, together as a team. Now they are gone, so has the excitement and the traffic stats have collapsed.

So to sum up, I blame myself, no one else, except for maybe Mark Zuckerberg.

« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:25:37 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Storm in a teacup: Letsbereal banned on PPF for one hour.

I did not ban Letsbereal.

I believe you, and I actually suspect it was by one of the Ghost Mods.

Ghost Mods
These are people who we do not know, never post anything, but got made Global Mod on the forum by the Infowars OFFICE.
 When I say office, I mean the one in Austin Texas - where Infowars is based.

As Admin, its possible to list these invisible moderators.

« Reply #24 on: Dec 16, 2016, 11:25:43 am »

iamc

• Sr. InfoWarrior
 Very interesting and enlightening Sir.EG; and don't come down hard on yourself: Lots of players & rules in the game, also you and Brocke, have pointed them out to me.

It is fulfilling when 'like minded' folks can exchange 'serious' information!'

Thanks to both ya mates for clueing me in on how much BS ya have to deal with!

God bless ya both...and strength of character shows you are serious..  8)
Common Sense ran away...

« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2016, 12:17:38 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I dont know why people get banned its rare and  quickly rectified. For me that is the whole thing about GGM and PPF is we are basically all on the same page some times we all agree sometimes we dont some times it gets really heated thats what keeps us all together .O n aside note I dont know who funds GGM but its always up and talking back when the shit hits the fan huge respect from me .

Healthwyze

http://healthwyze.org/

What do people expect from a particular forum
« Reply #26 on: Apr 16, 2017, 06:46:58 am »

GenaOi

I am 14 years old as of now and I wanted to know what age would be best for me to start magic, spells, etc. ?

Re: What do people expect from a particular forum
« Reply #27 on: Apr 16, 2017, 07:03:32 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I am 14 years old as of now and I wanted to know what age would be best for me to start magic, spells, etc. ?

Do not play with magic
Magic is not free, it comes at a price.

Alister Crowley died alone in poverty as a heroin addict
Doctor John Dee his library stolen, died in poverty

Those where some of the greatest magicians to ever live, and look how they ended up, dead and poor.