You are Here:
Why are We The People..?

Author (Read 27072 times)

Why are We The People..?
« on: Aug 18, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »

iamc

• Sr. InfoWarrior

The way I see it, is that: We are The People; and ONE when We Have Love & Respect for One another: as the diversity of People has made this Nation Great---and We have forgotten this FACT!

No color is a barrier to being FREE!

When folks eyeball each other for the purpose of racial division---then ALL of us LOOSE!

When people loose Love & Respect for one another: Then We The People/of all colors/LOOSE!

Think About It!
When the Truth was Murdered:
Common Sense ran away...

Re: Why are We The People..?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2014, 12:42:00 pm »

Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
It isn't just "racial" bigotry that plagues our society.

I guarantee that black sports stars like Lebron James encounter far less "prejudice" than the average white homeless person does.

------------------------------------------

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/03/va-beach-gop-candidate-homeless-photo-causes-stir

Va. Beach GOP candidate's "homeless" photo causes stir

Julian Walker
HamptonRoads.com
March 06, 2014

A Tea Party activist challenging for control of the Virginia Beach Republican Party is facing criticism over an old Facebook photograph in which he displayed a placard that uses profanity in reference to the homeless.

Ahead of Monday's three-way contest for Beach GOP chairman, candidate Keith Freeman suspects the image is being distributed by political rivals.

Freeman said it is a picture of him holding a mouse pad given to him by a business partner as a gag gift for his 50th birthday in 2011.

It reads:

"Yes, I have plenty of change you homeless piece of (expletive). Thanks for asking."

A copy of the image was obtained by The Virginian-Pilot this week.

[Continued...]

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/florida-ordinance-makes-illegal-homeless-use-blankets/#axzz2snJT8bc1

Florida Ordinance Makes It Illegal For Homeless To Use Blankets

Posted by Austin Petersen on 07 Feb 2014

Being Homeless Is Not A Crime

By Father Nathan Monk

PENSACOLA, FL - Living in Florida, we don’t often have the opportunity to use the heat setting on our thermostat, but this winter we got the chance in a big way. And as a matter of fact, so many people in my neighborhood were using heaters that it blew out the transformer.

So there I was with my wife and three kids, all of us huddled under blankets with the fireplace roaring, watching the temperature continue to drop from a comfortable 65 degrees down to 45. But outside it was 17 degrees and raining and sleeting, and if you were homeless, you had to consider that if you used a blanket to shield yourself from the elements, that you might be hauled off to jail for a violation of a local ordinance prohibiting using blankets, cardboard, or newspaper to cover yourself.

This was part of a series of ordinances which prohibited using public restrooms for washing your face, panhandling, and “camping”. Though the mayor’s office and members of the city council tried to say that these ordinances were not targeted at the homeless, email correspondence between them and other city officials proved otherwise.

The anti-camping ordinance went the furthest in its limitation of basic civil liberties, making it essentially illegal, not only to cover yourself for any reason, but also effectively making it illegal to be homeless. It was a tough ordinance to fight, because if you opposed them, it gave the impression that you were supporting blight in the city. Not to mention the city council wasn’t interested in having the discussion. The then council president either would cut people off or have them thrown out during the public discussion.

The ordinances were passed, in spite of the public outcry.

One of the arguments that was constantly used during the limited debate about the ordinances, was that there was a “silent majority” that wanted to see these laws passed. So these people didn’t show up to the meetings or send emails that could be presented as part of the public record. Instead, they might have stopped a council person on the streets, so they claimed it had more weight than the hundreds of folks in the council chambers in protest. I decided to see how true this supposed silent majority was.

[Continued...]

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/1-wants-ban-sleeping-cars-because-it-hurts-their-quality-life

The 1% Wants to Ban Sleeping in Cars Because It Hurts Their 'Quality of Life'

Depriving homeless people of their last shelter in life is Silicon Valley at its worst.

By Gary Blasi
AlterNet
April 16, 2014

Photo Credit: meunierd/Shutterstock.com

Across the United States, many local governments are responding to skyrocketing levels of inequality and the now decades-long crisis of homelessness among the very poor ... by passing laws making it a crime to sleep in a parked car.

This happened most recently  in Palo Alto, in California's Silicon Valley, where new billionaires are seemingly minted every month – and where 92% of homeless people lack shelter of any kind. Dozens of cities have passed similar anti-homeless laws. The largest of them is Los Angeles, the longtime unofficial "homeless capital of America", where lawyers are currently defending a similar vehicle-sleeping law before  a skeptical federal appellate court. Laws against sleeping on sidewalks or in cars are called "quality of life" laws. But they certainly don't protect the quality of life of the poor.

To be sure, people living in cars cannot be the best neighbors. Some people are able to acquire old and ugly – but still functioning – recreational vehicles with bathrooms; others do the best they can. These same cities have resisted efforts to provide more public toilet facilities, often on the grounds that this will make their city a "magnet" for homeless people from other cities. As a result, anti-homeless ordinances often spread to adjacent cities, leaving entire regions without public facilities of any kind.

Their hope, of course, is that homeless people will go elsewhere, despite the fact that the great majority of homeless people are trying to survive in the same communities in which they were last housed – and where they still maintain connections. Americans sleeping in their own cars literally have nowhere to go.

Indeed, nearly all homelessness in the US begins with a loss of income and an eviction for nonpayment of rent – a rent set entirely by market forces. The waiting lists are years long for the tiny fraction of housing with government subsidies. And rents have risen dramatically in the past two years, in part because long-time tenants must now compete with the millions of former homeowners who lost their homes in the Great Recession.

[Continued...]

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/city-pass-law-allowing-cops-seize-homeless-peoples-belongings

City to Pass Law Allowing Cops to Seize Homeless People's Belongings

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is about to codify the total disregard for the property rights of the homeless into law.

By Tana Ganeva
AlterNet
April 22, 2014

Messing with homeless people's property is a time-honored tactic used by cities across the U.S. to deal with homelessness by bullying the homeless until they go elsewhere. Police often threaten to confiscate homeless people's things, and cities sometimes bulldoze over their encampments, leading to a loss of essential items like medicine or documents.

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is about to codify the total disregard for the property rights of the homeless into law. As Scott Keyes writes in Think Progress, the city is close to passing a measure that would prohibit keeping personal items in public. Police would be able to seize personal belongings after a 24-hour notice, but if they decide the materials pose a threat to public safety, health or welfare, officers can take them without prior notice and just leave a note. The city keeps confiscated property for 30 days (7 days if it's deemed a safety risk). Anyone who wants their things back before they're disposed of must prove ownership and compensate the city for its trouble, paying  “reasonable charges for storage and removal of the items,” according to the language of the measure (the fee could be waived if they prove they can't pay it).

As Keyes points out, the city cites its "interest in aesthetics" as one justification for the measure. The importance of pleasing visuals aside, opponents point out that homeless people don't choose to keep their stuff in public to mess up the scenery but because they don't have homes to store it.

As the Sun Sentinel reports:

[Continued...]

And so on and so forth.

Something to think about the next time you hear some smug reactionary imply that the poor and destitute are the moral equivalent or "wild pigs" or "stay animals."
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

http://monetary.org
http://schalkenbach.org

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2014, 12:52:03 pm »

iamc

• Sr. InfoWarrior
It isn't just "racial" bigotry that plagues our society.

I guarantee that black sports stars like Lebron James encounter far less "prejudice" than the average white homeless person does.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/03/va-beach-gop-candidate-homeless-photo-causes-stir

Va. Beach GOP candidate's "homeless" photo causes stir

Julian Walker
HamptonRoads.com
March 06, 2014

A Tea Party activist challenging for control of the Virginia Beach Republican Party is facing criticism over an old Facebook photograph in which he displayed a placard that uses profanity in reference to the homeless.

Ahead of Monday's three-way contest for Beach GOP chairman, candidate Keith Freeman suspects the image is being distributed by political rivals.

Freeman said it is a picture of him holding a mouse pad given to him by a business partner as a gag gift for his 50th birthday in 2011.

It reads:

"Yes, I have plenty of change you homeless piece of (expletive). Thanks for asking."

A copy of the image was obtained by The Virginian-Pilot this week.

[Continued...]

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/florida-ordinance-makes-illegal-homeless-use-blankets/#axzz2snJT8bc1

Florida Ordinance Makes It Illegal For Homeless To Use Blankets

Posted by Austin Petersen on 07 Feb 2014

Being Homeless Is Not A Crime

By Father Nathan Monk

PENSACOLA, FL - Living in Florida, we don’t often have the opportunity to use the heat setting on our thermostat, but this winter we got the chance in a big way. And as a matter of fact, so many people in my neighborhood were using heaters that it blew out the transformer.

So there I was with my wife and three kids, all of us huddled under blankets with the fireplace roaring, watching the temperature continue to drop from a comfortable 65 degrees down to 45. But outside it was 17 degrees and raining and sleeting, and if you were homeless, you had to consider that if you used a blanket to shield yourself from the elements, that you might be hauled off to jail for a violation of a local ordinance prohibiting using blankets, cardboard, or newspaper to cover yourself.

This was part of a series of ordinances which prohibited using public restrooms for washing your face, panhandling, and “camping”. Though the mayor’s office and members of the city council tried to say that these ordinances were not targeted at the homeless, email correspondence between them and other city officials proved otherwise.

The anti-camping ordinance went the furthest in its limitation of basic civil liberties, making it essentially illegal, not only to cover yourself for any reason, but also effectively making it illegal to be homeless. It was a tough ordinance to fight, because if you opposed them, it gave the impression that you were supporting blight in the city. Not to mention the city council wasn’t interested in having the discussion. The then council president either would cut people off or have them thrown out during the public discussion.

The ordinances were passed, in spite of the public outcry.

One of the arguments that was constantly used during the limited debate about the ordinances, was that there was a “silent majority” that wanted to see these laws passed. So these people didn’t show up to the meetings or send emails that could be presented as part of the public record. Instead, they might have stopped a council person on the streets, so they claimed it had more weight than the hundreds of folks in the council chambers in protest. I decided to see how true this supposed silent majority was.

[Continued...]

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/1-wants-ban-sleeping-cars-because-it-hurts-their-quality-life

The 1% Wants to Ban Sleeping in Cars Because It Hurts Their 'Quality of Life'

Depriving homeless people of their last shelter in life is Silicon Valley at its worst.

By Gary Blasi
AlterNet
April 16, 2014

Photo Credit: meunierd/Shutterstock.com

Across the United States, many local governments are responding to skyrocketing levels of inequality and the now decades-long crisis of homelessness among the very poor ... by passing laws making it a crime to sleep in a parked car.

This happened most recently  in Palo Alto, in California's Silicon Valley, where new billionaires are seemingly minted every month – and where 92% of homeless people lack shelter of any kind. Dozens of cities have passed similar anti-homeless laws. The largest of them is Los Angeles, the longtime unofficial "homeless capital of America", where lawyers are currently defending a similar vehicle-sleeping law before  a skeptical federal appellate court. Laws against sleeping on sidewalks or in cars are called "quality of life" laws. But they certainly don't protect the quality of life of the poor.

To be sure, people living in cars cannot be the best neighbors. Some people are able to acquire old and ugly – but still functioning – recreational vehicles with bathrooms; others do the best they can. These same cities have resisted efforts to provide more public toilet facilities, often on the grounds that this will make their city a "magnet" for homeless people from other cities. As a result, anti-homeless ordinances often spread to adjacent cities, leaving entire regions without public facilities of any kind.

Their hope, of course, is that homeless people will go elsewhere, despite the fact that the great majority of homeless people are trying to survive in the same communities in which they were last housed – and where they still maintain connections. Americans sleeping in their own cars literally have nowhere to go.

Indeed, nearly all homelessness in the US begins with a loss of income and an eviction for nonpayment of rent – a rent set entirely by market forces. The waiting lists are years long for the tiny fraction of housing with government subsidies. And rents have risen dramatically in the past two years, in part because long-time tenants must now compete with the millions of former homeowners who lost their homes in the Great Recession.

[Continued...]

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/city-pass-law-allowing-cops-seize-homeless-peoples-belongings

City to Pass Law Allowing Cops to Seize Homeless People's Belongings

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is about to codify the total disregard for the property rights of the homeless into law.

By Tana Ganeva
AlterNet
April 22, 2014

Messing with homeless people's property is a time-honored tactic used by cities across the U.S. to deal with homelessness by bullying the homeless until they go elsewhere. Police often threaten to confiscate homeless people's things, and cities sometimes bulldoze over their encampments, leading to a loss of essential items like medicine or documents.

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is about to codify the total disregard for the property rights of the homeless into law. As Scott Keyes writes in Think Progress, the city is close to passing a measure that would prohibit keeping personal items in public. Police would be able to seize personal belongings after a 24-hour notice, but if they decide the materials pose a threat to public safety, health or welfare, officers can take them without prior notice and just leave a note. The city keeps confiscated property for 30 days (7 days if it's deemed a safety risk). Anyone who wants their things back before they're disposed of must prove ownership and compensate the city for its trouble, paying  “reasonable charges for storage and removal of the items,” according to the language of the measure (the fee could be waived if they prove they can't pay it).

As Keyes points out, the city cites its "interest in aesthetics" as one justification for the measure. The importance of pleasing visuals aside, opponents point out that homeless people don't choose to keep their stuff in public to mess up the scenery but because they don't have homes to store it.

As the Sun Sentinel reports:

[Continued...]

And so on and so forth.
As a WHITE Man and being HOMELESS for two years; as I lived in my car: because of a nasty divorce: so my friend I have BEEN HOMELESS and WHITE and A Father and a Working man---and to no ones surprise---NO ONE HELPED ME BUT JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF!

I raised my son and daughter; by myself: after their mother gave the children back to me: because GOD knew I was the better parent!

SO MY FRIEND I HAVE BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK OF LIFE---I wonder if anyone can understand: Unless you walk in our shoes???

DO I HAVE A HEART FOR HOMELESS WHITE MEN? YOU ARE DAMMED RIGHT I DO>>> >:(

(Nice article my friend  ;))
Common Sense ran away...

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2014, 12:55:42 pm »

Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
DO I HAVE A HEART FOR HOMELESS WHITE MEN? YOU ARE DAMMED RIGHT I DO>>> >:

Yes, but only because you experienced it first hand yourself. People who've lived in relative comfort their whole lives, however, tend not to have as much "heart."

I know there are exceptions, just speaking generally.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

http://monetary.org
http://schalkenbach.org

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2014, 01:01:40 pm »

iamc

• Sr. InfoWarrior
Yes, but only because you experienced it first hand yourself. People who've lived in relative comfort their whole lives, however, tend not to have as much "heart."

I know there are exceptions, just speaking generally.
Thank you my friend for reading my comment as the truth: because it is: and it was a heart breaking experience to be away from my son and daughter and living in my car ; just like a dog stuck in a dog house: NO LOVE and NO HOPE: But as always I asked Jesus just to protect my son and daughter: and then He gave them back to me! This was a miracle: as I did not use the courts to accomplish GODS plan for my life---and now all is good---thanks again GEO.  :) 
Common Sense ran away...

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2014, 08:23:54 pm »

iamc

• Sr. InfoWarrior

Because GOD made You Special: and Please Do Not Forget This Love from Above!
Common Sense ran away...

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 10:46:18 pm »

iamc

• Sr. InfoWarrior
Thanks mate; as ya must have read the whole gig...and my story is TRUE and JESUS CHRIST did make a miracle in my life...

Life is tough: But JESUS CHRIST does give all of us HOPE...and hope comes from FAITH...and I know it is TRUE>>>

...Man says 'show me and I will believe.'

...GOD says: " Believe and I will show you!"

8)  ;)  :)
Common Sense ran away...