You are Here:
CHINA taking extreme measures to wipe out all traces of Christianity in country.

Author (Read 329 times)

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• Awakened
https://thesun.co.uk/news/7015374/china-rips-down-jesus-posters-replaced-president-xi-jinping/
14th August 2018, 4:54 pm Updated: 14th August 2018, 5:01 pm

Oh Hello, ... just when you thought it was safe to go to bed with egg n' chips ...
... and you know how dangerous that is, all you children with diverticulitis ...

CHINA has taken extreme measures to wipe out all traces of Christianity in the country, by tearing down posters of Jesus and replacing them with images of President Xi Jinping.

The country’s ruling Communist party has chosen to eradicate the faith amongst its 1.38 billion residents, going as far as banning children from visiting churches.

“The move is aimed at Christian families in poverty, and we educated them to believe in science and not in superstition, making them believe in the party.”

One Beijing pastor refuted these claims, saying: “A lot of our flock are terrified by the pressure that the government is putting on them.

“It’s painful to think that in our own country’s capital, we must pay so dearly just to practice our faith.

post quotes addendum on behalf of the author ...
I'm a scientist, well of a sort, and I also am one with a newly found fondness for speaking my mind:
And I shall say this to you sir ..
"That's more like it; now I know the colour of your wool, YOU Commie Pervert"!

Last Edit by Humphrey

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
https://thesun.co.uk/news/7015374/china-rips-down-jesus-posters-replaced-president-xi-jinping/
14th August 2018, 4:54 pm Updated: 14th August 2018, 5:01 pm

Oh Hello, ... just when you thought it was safe to go to bed with egg n' chips ...
... and you know how dangerous that is, all you children with diverticulitis ...

CHINA has taken extreme measures to wipe out all traces of Christianity in the country, by tearing down posters of Jesus and replacing them with images of President Xi Jinping.

The country’s ruling Communist party has chosen to eradicate the faith amongst its 1.38 billion residents, going as far as banning children from visiting churches.

“The move is aimed at Christian families in poverty, and we educated them to believe in science and not in superstition, making them believe in the party.”

One Beijing pastor refuted these claims, saying: “A lot of our flock are terrified by the pressure that the government is putting on them.

“It’s painful to think that in our own country’s capital, we must pay so dearly just to practice our faith.

And then .. what's next?

Last Edit by Palmerston

Tabloid "Sun" owned by R. Murdoch "cares" for Christianity in China. ::) ::)

Last Edit by Humphrey