Author (Read 389 times)

Erdogan says country should make adultery illegal
« on: Feb 28, 2018, 05:00:55 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

The Independent

Turkey's Erdogan says country should make adultery illegal and listening to EU on matter was a 'mistake'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/turkey-adultery-cheating-crime-president-recep-erdogan-eu-infidelity-law-a8230281.html

'Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called on the country to consider making adultery illegal, and said that shelving an attempt to outlaw cheating back in 2004 was a mistake.

“I think it would be very, very well-timed to again discuss the adultery issue, as our society is in a different position with regards to moral values,” Mr Erdogan told reporters after a speech in parliament in Ankara.

“This is a very old issue, far-reaching. It should be discussed. It was already in our legal proposals (in 2004) in the first place.” Spam_A Spam_B “At that time we took a step in accordance with the EU’s demands, but we made a mistake,” he said.

Turkey abandoned efforts to criminalise adultery as part of its work towards meeting European Union membership criteria, which involved sweeping changes to the country’s penal code, including the expansion of individual liberties.

The adultery proposal in particular caused a backlash, with EU officials saying the law would hinder Turkey’s chances of joining the bloc.

Mr Erdogan’s Justice and Development Party abandoned the idea in September 2004.

But the President has now expressed regrets about the entire "process" of adhering to the bloc's requirements.

“I must say that in the EU process, we made a mistake,” he said. “We should now evaluate preparing legislation about adultery and perhaps consider it together with the issue of harassment and others.”

Read More : Turkey's Erdogan says country should make adultery illegal and listening to EU on matter was a 'mistake'

Icke

Last Edit by Humphrey
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.