You are Here:
Old Rome, The Colosseum, and the Empires' Bread & Circuses. Plus ça change ...

Author (Read 542 times)

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• Sr. InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."
From Instant Streetview:

Who needs EUROPE and its legacy? Who needs any of this except as a warning to the present about the dangers of encouraging sight-seeing of 'Great Monuments', as a day out for your apparently un-educatable kids. God has no idea of how much I can hate your stupid planet and your stupid species.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.

'Though a man produceth copious amounts of fetid stool; he may still be a stranger to reason'.
— "The Madness of King George (III)".

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

Ye Olde Powder Monkey

• Sr. InfoWarrior
  • Battling the soul-less minions of orthodoxy.
    • Flying Monkeys Denied DOT COM

These times are coming to remind me, of just before THE FALL OF THE BERLIN WALL. Same atmosphere developing, I think!?

Actually, whilst JONES Unlimited put up a piece condemning the appearance of THE MOLECH metal forged monster (is it only plastic?); in the entrance to the Colosseum, just recently erected; let's look a bit at the official reason it's been erected, and what it actually is. Firstly, clearly it does detract from the COLOSSEUM in that it is not part of the original 'decor'.
It comes in as an extension to some 'historical record' of Rome's conflict with ancient opponent Carthage.

"The statue of Moloch, worshipped by both the Canaanites and the Phoenicians, is part of an exhibit dedicated to Ancient Rome’s once-great rival, the city of Carthage. The large-scale exhibition, titled Carthago: The immortal myth, runs until March 29, 2020."

https://lifesitenews.com/news/statue-of-ancient-god-of-child-sacrifice-put-on-display-in-rome-days-before-amazon-synod

The pagan god Moloch greets visitors to the Colosseum, Rome, as part of an exhibition that opened Sept. 27, 2019.

So, families are upset that their stupid kids are frightened when they see it and are scared during the TOURIST VISIT to the place countless numbers of Christians were sacrificed to the fake Gods of Rome.
I shall campaign for the erection of a 'Molech' in my street, then!?

No-one should go to THE COLOSSEUM to admire the architecture or revel in contemplation of the horrors committed there 2000 years ago. It should never have been allowed to become a tourist attraction, as if 'this generation' would ever be mentally capable of seeing it for what it was.
WHAT IT STILL IS.
The Italians keep it as a tourist revenue trove.

You need to be reminded that THE COLOSSEUM was built as a horror, a sporting distraction from Satan to the .... people of that time. The new MOLECH statue, I think; reminds us, of that. Officially though, it's there as part of an exhibition which venerates ultimately, Rome's successful vanquishing of Ancient Carthage. So, ... does it have any representative meaning other than one Great Pagan Civilisation which sacrificed Christian Saints, and how it conquered another child-sacrificing pagan culture? For some! Of course, our present level of degeneration, in Europe means that CHRISTIAN SACRIFICE and PERSECUTION is once again pretty normalised. I can speak for that.

Like the murals at Denver International Airport. Sure! Is THE MOLECH put there to remind people WHO NEED REMINDING because  ...
they have descended into decadent stupidity, complacency if you want, about the nature of what happens in Human Civilisation when the wrong people, or the right people, are in power? It's what our fallen species, without GOD'S knowledge does to itself?  Apparently not. And it's unlikely that the British, another sea-faring nation of old, like the Phœnicians (current day Lebanon) will be placating themselves before this Idol. It's about tourism, and about paying someone to manufacture this lump.

As for Jones' immediate attempt to label it as an elite statement. Clearly it's not. So, his impulsive OCD inflection got it wrong again.
He can revise his 'high-intel sourced take on things' now.
He won't. It's all about fear, and its manufacture in the digital age.

Last Edit by Gladstone
Cpt's Log; 14.44 BST. 19 April, 2020: "I just day-dreamed a ramming incident.
An unusual dream indeed, as the ship I rammed belonged to The Vulcans.
I shall now walk onto their bridge and inspect all round for damage."