US threatens German companies with sanctions on Russian gas imports

Author (Read 1757 times)

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Press TV

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/01/13/585713/US-Grenell-Germany-sanctions-Russia-gas-Nord-Stream

'The United States has threatened German energy companies with possible sanctions over their dealings with Russia, after President Donald Trump warned that reliance on Russian energy makes Berlin a “captive” of Moscow.

Washington has long taken issue with Germany’s plans to import gas from Russia through the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, an $11 billion project that would carry Russian gas straight under the Baltic Sea.

The pipeline has also been criticized for depriving Ukraine, a staunch US ally, of lucrative gas transit fees.

US Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell warned several German companies in a letter that they could face sanctions for the pipeline project under the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA), the US embassy said Sunday. Spam_A Spam_B "The letter reminds that any company operating in the Russian energy export pipeline sector is in danger under CAATSA of US sanctions," the embassy spokesman said, claiming there were other European states who also opposed the pipeline.

Germany and some other nations, have accused Washington of using the CATSAA to meddle in their foreign policy and energy affairs.

Signed into law by Trump in 2017, CAATSA imposes sanctions against primary targets Iran, Russia and North Korea and paves the way for secondary sanctions against those who trade with them.

The US embassy denied accusation by German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, which first broke the news of the letter, that Grenell was trying to blackmail German companies.

"The only thing that could be considered blackmail in this situation would be the Kremlin having leverage over future gas supplies," the embassy spokesman said, calling the letter a “clear message” rather than a “threat.”

Grenell’s letter took some in Chancellor Angela Merkel's government by surprise.'

Read More : US threatens German companies with sanctions on Russian gas imports

Icke

Last Edit by Larry
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Press TV

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/01/13/585713/US-Grenell-Germany-sanctions-Russia-gas-Nord-Stream

'The United States has threatened German energy companies with possible sanctions over their dealings with Russia, after President Donald Trump warned that reliance on Russian energy makes Berlin a “captive” of Moscow.

Washington has long taken issue with Germany’s plans to import gas from Russia through the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, an $11 billion project that would carry Russian gas straight under the Baltic Sea.

The pipeline has also been criticized for depriving Ukraine, a staunch US ally, of lucrative gas transit fees.

US Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell warned several German companies in a letter that they could face sanctions for the pipeline project under the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA), the US embassy said Sunday. Spam_A Spam_B "The letter reminds that any company operating in the Russian energy export pipeline sector is in danger under CAATSA of US sanctions," the embassy spokesman said, claiming there were other European states who also opposed the pipeline.

Germany and some other nations, have accused Washington of using the CATSAA to meddle in their foreign policy and energy affairs.

Signed into law by Trump in 2017, CAATSA imposes sanctions against primary targets Iran, Russia and North Korea and paves the way for secondary sanctions against those who trade with them.

The US embassy denied accusation by German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, which first broke the news of the letter, that Grenell was trying to blackmail German companies.

"The only thing that could be considered blackmail in this situation would be the Kremlin having leverage over future gas supplies," the embassy spokesman said, calling the letter a “clear message” rather than a “threat.”

Grenell’s letter took some in Chancellor Angela Merkel's government by surprise.'

Read More : US threatens German companies with sanctions on Russian gas imports

Icke

Last Edit by Palmerston

Recently, I heard on TV from Serbian MP Lazanski that "USA threatens Germany like they US Army still have occupation zone there."  :-\

Last Edit by Larry

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Recently, I heard on TV from Serbian MP Lazanski that "USA threatens Germany like they US Army still have occupation zone there."  :-\

Last Edit by Palmerston

it is still occupied.

Interestingly, in Japan they openly use the word "occupation" to describe the "US presence" and "US Bases"

Last Edit by Larry
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Interestingly, in Japan they openly use the word "occupation" to describe the "US presence" and "US Bases"

Last Edit by Palmerston

I know about Japan. Last year for the first time in history one Japanese PM ( S. Abe ) visited Serbia! Although Serbs and Japanese had allies in WW1, more and more of tourists from Japan every year...but I did not know about Germany.

Last Edit by Larry

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I know about Japan. Last year for the first time in history one Japanese PM ( S. Abe ) visited Serbia! Although Serbs and Japanese had allies in WW1, more and more of tourists from Japan every year...but I did not know about Germany.

Last Edit by Palmerston

This will sound mad... but its true.

Its an odd fact, that the country the allies liked the best during WW2 was Germany and the Germans.

When I looked into it, only then did it begin to make sense. You might think the Allies was welcomed in France, but actually we killed more French Civilians than German Soldiers during D-Day. We also bombed France, etc... When you think about it, only then does it start making sense.

Last Edit by Larry
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Its an odd fact, that the country the allies liked the best during WW2 was Germany and the Germans.

When I looked into it, only then did it begin to make sense. You might think the Allies was welcomed in France, but actually we killed more French Civilians than German Soldiers during D-Day. We also bombed France, etc... When you think about it, only then does it start making sense.

Last Edit by Palmerston

I know for war crimes of Allies in WW2 but we that is History.

Last Edit by Larry

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Conspiracy Theory: Austrian PM Kurz will continue to buy Russian cheaper gas but Vienna will continue to lobby for US creation "Republic of Kosovo"  ???

http://tass.com/economy/1045747
https://www.rtklive.com/en/news-single.php?ID=13544

Last Edit by Gladstone