MY BIRTHDAY IS TODAY> I IS A VERY PRIVATE PERSON
« on: Dec 30, 2018, 04:04:39 am »

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• Sr. InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.

'Though a man produceth copious amounts of fetid stool; he may still be a stranger to reason'.
— "The Madness of King George (III)".

Re: MY BIRTHDAY IS TODAY> I IS A VERY PRIVATE PERSON
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2018, 07:59:39 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Happy Birthday

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2018, 10:53:49 am »

Donnay

• Sr. InfoWarrior

Last Edit by Gladstone
Please visit my website:
https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2018, 12:49:44 pm »

One Revelator

• InfoWarrior
Happy private birthday. Hope you got plans...

Last Edit by Gladstone
Shipp knows exactly who "they" are. Books and slideshow available.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2018, 07:07:42 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2019, 02:09:09 pm »

• Sr. InfoWarrior
Thanks folks.

I went out to see a movie actually. Good! Sold out seats. I got the last ticket. The two seats next to mine, well those folks never turned up. So I got to sprawl about, so to say. Small local cinema, so very sardine tin. You know: rubbing elbows ...

So, I feel that was a good outcome. Film Bohemian Rhapsody and 2hrs 10mins so better than Hollywood.

Godnight.

Last Edit by Gladstone

'Though a man produceth copious amounts of fetid stool; he may still be a stranger to reason'.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2019, 04:53:56 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I also went to see Bohemian Rhapsody on my own.
Its good, but obviously has a sad ending.

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2020, 04:27:46 pm »

• Sr. InfoWarrior
We all end sadly but the point is the being enraptured, captured by the blessed thing of living.

Today, I had a hard-jolt back into a little Genealogical research when I recalled the copy of:

"The Ascent of Everest" which sat around for a long time, in the front porch, by my pram.

It had a more colourful jacket than this inner, I think, or was that 'Born Free'?

When I finally stopped pouring bottles of Quink ink over myself (so I was told);
I couldn't but notice that the author, Sir John Hunt, accompanying Hillary and Tenzing
was the Maiden name of my Mother. Everyone's dead now, I'm the last, but still ...;
And as I remember, being English, she came from Oxford, I think; the correct nook of the woods.

I think I'd better check. My whole life feels like climbing a mountain and tomorrow I meet
a mountaineer, who runs a mountaineering club in Fort William & Scotland, to support his family.
And I have a sit harness that used to belong to Chris Bonington, who tackled Everest at age 50.

I just don't know why my parents placed a book by Hunt, Mother's name, by my babies Pram.
We'll have to get to the bottom of this; or the top of it perhaps would be more of an achievement.

« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2020, 06:32:06 pm »

tahoeblue

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/foulsham/foulsham.htm
Holy Innocents, Foulsham

Foulsham is a large, handsome village, a small town really, just to the north of the main Norwich to Fakenham road. The road bypasses it by several miles, and you'd be unlikely to visit Fousham these days unless you actually wanted to come here
the huge memorial to Sir Thomas Hunt in the chancel, with his three wives, although not all at the same time, of course.

| - - - -
FOLSHAM
 in 1489, left no issue by Elizabeth his wife, daughter of John De la Pole Duke of Suffolk, so that it came by Alice, his sister and heir, to Sir William Parker, and was held of the honour of Clare. Edward Parker Lord Morley, his descendent, sold, September 4, 1582, this manor and hundred of Eynsford, to Sir Thomas Hunt, of the Fishmonger's Company, in. London, a great benefactor to their alms-house at Newington in Surry: by his first wife Margaret, widow of John Warner of London, was father of William Hunt, of Hilderston, Esq. who had 2 sons. Thomas, of Sharington, in Norfolk, and George, his 2d son, of Hilderston, who sold this manor to Sir Jacob Astley, Bart.
On the north side of the chancel is a monument for Sir Thomas Hunt, who is in armour, and his three wives kneeling behind him;

Here lyeth interred the bodies of Sir Thomas Hunt, knight, lord and patron of this church, who died January 5, 1616, and gave 10l. for ever, towards the maintenance of the organs of this church; 53s. 4d. for ever, to the poor of Hilderston in this county; and 20l. per ann. for ever, to the poor of the worshipful company of fish-mongers of London; and 53s. 4d. for ever, to the poor of the parish of St. Dunstan in the east, London; and 53s. 4d. for ever, to the poor of Camberwell in Surry: he had 3 wives; first, Margaret, widow of John Warner of London, merchant; the 2d, Jane, widow of Thomas Grimes, Esq.; the 3d, Dame Elizabeth, widow of Sir Francis Cherry, yet living: He had by Margaret 2 sons, William Hunt of Hilderston, Esq. son and heir; and Nicholas of London, merchant, by the providence of God, deceased before him; and these arms, per pale, vert and or, a saltire counterchanged, on a canton, gules, a lion passant of the 2d, impaling, gules, on a fess, between four lis, or; - - - - - or, three barrulets, gules; argent, on a fess between four barrulets, wavy, azure, three lis of the first.

| - - - -

WICHINGHAM Parish-Cleyhall.
It then passed to the OUTLAWS. Thomas Outlawe was living in 1620 and by Mary, his wife, daughter of Cory, was the father of Ralph Outlawe, who married (1st.) Elizabeth Kemp, sister of Sir Robert Kemp, of Spain's Hall, by whom he had a son Thomas, and married (2nd.) Sarah Hunt, daughter of William Hunt, Esquire, of Hilderston (son of Sir Thomas Hunt), by whom he had a son Ralph who married (1st.) Wisula Brown, daughter of Richard Brown of Fulmerston; and married (2nd.) Elizabeth Adams, daughter of Robert Adams of Norwich. He died about 1670 leaving part of his estate to Brown, of Saxthorp, and part to Elizabeth, his wife, who as a widow, held her first court in March 1670. She afterwards married Gyles Cutting, an Attorney. (Blomefield's History of Norfolk).

« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2020, 12:37:27 pm »

tahoeblue

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

A Traditional Company with Modern Values

The Fishmongers’ Company is one of the oldest and most ancient Livery Companies of the City of London, one of the ‘Great Twelve.’ For 700 years it has stood on the banks of the River Thames playing a leading role in upholding the standards in the trading of fish and shellfish.
A role it continues today, as well as making a significant contribution to the UK fishing sector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dUmDBfp6k
So long and thanks for all the fish - Hitchhiker's Guide (HD)

« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2020, 12:51:46 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
"I will make you fishers of men.”
I had one Cod for supper.
I caught it without a moment to spare.

Sometimes I wonder about you people and food. El oh el

You only got so much coastline and land, limeys.
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix