« on: Jun 04, 2020, 02:44:14 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Lockdown Life - Living through the Apocalypse

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

Re: Lockdown Life - Living through the Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2020, 02:48:00 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

I am an "essential worker" in a huge warehouse distrobution hub for one of the countrys leading supermarkets.

For me, Lockdown is not a hoilday.
Its a living nightmare.

But this thread is not about me, its about YOU.
What is your life like during Lockdown ?
Are you sitting at home getting fat cheques ?
Are you forced to work ?
Are you retired ?

Its about YOU !

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:39:01 am »

One Revelator

• InfoWarrior
Street theater players get a free COVID lockdown/social distancing exemption. It's an option to get out of the house.

Aerial view shows large crowd of demonstrators in downtown Los Angeles as protests over the death of George Floyd continue. https://t.co/R6atpOOwiO pic.twitter.com/6xwEyq7kaM

— ABC News (@ABC) June 4, 2020

Thousands of people came out to protest against racism in the Netherlands???????????????????????????????????????????????????? #BlackOutTuesday #GeorgeFloyd #blackoutuesday #COVID19 #blm #BlackLivesMattter #protest #riot #protests #fuck12 #fucktrump #WeLoveYouBlackArmy pic.twitter.com/xcoH3g6394

— joost????????‍♂️ (@joostmt) June 2, 2020

Protesters gather in Garden Grove to protest the death of George Floyd. (Photo by Leonard Ortiz, Orange County Register/SCNG)#BlackLivesMatter #protests #ocprotests pic.twitter.com/2QyvaI2Tf9

— Leonard Ortiz (@LOrtizPhoto_OCR) June 3, 2020

Turnout for George Floyd #Protests in Amsterdam.#BlackLivesMattter #blacklifematters #GeorgeLloyd pic.twitter.com/srGwVLp9M5

— Gulbarga Temperature (@GulbargaTemper1) June 3, 2020

The rituals at these protests closely resemble what you would see at an Evangelical-style religious service. Collective kneeling or sitting in prayer. Hands raised reverentially to the sky. Liturgical chants. This is a new expression of secular, civic religion pic.twitter.com/XZo021AZgp

— Michael Tracey (@mtracey) June 3, 2020

A handful of protesters are addressing a crowd of hundreds from a perch atop the Peace Monument. (I climbed up briefly, too.)

The speakers are urging peace, and just promised to keep marching in the streets for hours to come. pic.twitter.com/7nDAwth4dk

— Hannah Natanson (@hannah_natanson) June 4, 2020

Last Edit by Gladstone
Shipp knows exactly who "they" are. Books and slideshow available.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2020, 12:34:53 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Surreal is the best term to describe the past three months. I've worked through nearly the whole thing. Took a week off after my orders coming in at work dropped by a good 90% and about half of my coworkers got laid off. All the office people stopped coming in. We lost our bonuses and they threatened to take $1,200 out of our pay because of the stimulus checks that I don't give one shit about receiving. Been one hell of a year. I was ready for a complete collapse by March because the Iran thing in late December really worried me. By mid-February I knew the corona thing was coming for us. Real or not. Also lost a decade long friendship because the guy lost his mind and attacked me while I was driving him home just before they closed everything down.

I heard they were shutting down the bars and restaurants, so that night I went out. I tipped the bartenders extra because I knew it was going to be longer than the two or three weeks they were saying they were gonna be closed for. Remembering my level of future planning and money saving when I was in their position  ;D , there was no level lol, I would not have been ready for this at all back then.

If you wake up early enough (or stay up late enough) you can hear the gradual rising hum or rush of the city waking up and going to work every weekday. I say you can hear The Beast waking up every morning. That was gone for two or three weeks. Dead quiet. Barely any cars on the road in the morning in a major city. A drive that usually would take 40 minutes, make that an hour if there was a fender bender (not even any highway), took and still to this day takes half the time. I started driving faster. Driving on the highways is way more fun. I could tell other drivers didn't give a shit about any rules anymore too. Gas prices crashed below $1.50 a gallon (not liters, I realized just how expensive gas is up there in Canada recently when a canuck pointed out to me a gallon's more than a liter lol) and the price is still hovering around there now.

The grocery stores were insufferable for a while, but now they're pretty much back to normal. I did dip into some supplies to avoid going to the store just a bit. That was surreal. I saw people buying up all kinds of emergency stuff. Wrapped up like a condom with fear in their eyes and here I am, casually walking through grabbing seltzer water, deodorant, eh maybe some razors too, no mask, not worried about feeding myself.

I've been living my life. Didn't lose my job, didn't get harassed for never wearing a mask, never got sick, didn't get tested, didn't get hurt, killed, or arrested in a couple of fights. I'm a responsible person  8)

And maybe this hasn't hit Europe yet or other parts of the US, but with the riots, the virus has taken the back seat. Almost like it never happened. Some people are still being socially awkward. Unless, you lost your job or business because the government made that happen. I'll never forget the Houston Rodeo vendors on TV crying because they were going to lose their business when it got shut down. It disgusted me. How many plans, dreams, hopes have been shattered? We'll never know.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2020, 02:32:59 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Got a phone call just before I was going to leave for work last night.

Landlord wants to evict us . . . because he wants to move back into our bungalow

To say that the rental / housing market is a little depressed during lockdown is a bit of an understatement.

Last Edit by Gladstone