You are Here:
Climate change strike: kids take day off school to protest outside Parliament

Author (Read 575 times)

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

The Daily Telegraph

Climate change strike: Traffic outside Parliament at standstill as students take day off school to protest
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/15/climate-change-strike-students-stage-school-walkout-environmental/

'Traffic outside Parliament has been brought to a standstill by protesting students who have taken the day off school for a climate change strike.

Schoolchildren are among those taking a stand with thousands of pupils walking out of class to demand immediate action.

Youth Strike 4 Climate movement organisers said strikes are taking place in 60 towns and cities, with youngsters carrying banners bearing slogans saying: "There is no planet B".

Huge turnouts at London and Brighton caused roads to be closed as the disruption continued into Friday afternoon.

In Parliament Square, two students brandishing a bottle of champagne climbed on to the roof of the number 11 bus to Fulham Broadway. Traffic around the square in central London is at a standstill after students blocked traffic by sitting in the roads.

Others climbed the statues in the square, including the one of Sir Winston Churchill, while placards were hung from the statue of David Lloyd George, with one reading: "you can have capitalism or you can have the planet".

Mounted police and other officers tried to move the protesters off the roads and on to the pavements.

Other signs read: "When did the children become the adults?" and "Why should I clean my room when the world is in such a mess".'

Read More : Climate change strike: Traffic outside Parliament at standstill as students take day off school to protest

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.