You are Here:
The comedians are all gone

Author (Read 28482 times)

The comedians are all gone
« on: Aug 08, 2019, 03:03:52 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Hm. I got a laugh from Voltaire the other day. I wonder when the last time was that anyone around me saw someone laugh while reading a book.

https://apnews.com/2bc05eb916a04dd29be97969149c6983

Fox chief says Emmy Awards won’t have a host this year

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — The Oscars did it, and now the Emmys will too. There will be no host at the ceremony honoring TV’s best next month.

[...]

The Oscars ran into trouble when last year’s planned host, Kevin Hart, stepped down following a backlash over his past homophobic tweets. The search for a replacement proved fruitless.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: The comedians are all gone
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2019, 03:07:53 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

-- posideonlost

Have to agree.

Most of the best comedy is from around the 1970s and the 1980s. A very sad observation. Had no idea at the time was living in a golden age of comedy, and that the future was censored to a mummer of silence. The alleged comedy tv of the current area is puerile garbage.

Incidentaly, I watch british tv comedy called "Red Dwarf", am just wondering how well known that tv series is abroad.

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2019, 03:11:48 am »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
" The comedians are all gone"

-- posideonlost

Have to agree.

Incidentaly, I watch british tv comedy called "Red Dwarf", am just wondering how well known that tv series is abroad.

Never heard of it. But I suppose I'm in need of some good fresh comedy. It's getting pretty stale over here.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2019, 06:36:56 pm »

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

-- posideonlost

Have to agree.

Most of the best comedy is from around the 1970s and the 1980s. A very sad observation. Had no idea at the time was living in a golden age of comedy, and that the future was censored to a mummer of silence. The alleged comedy tv of the current area is puerile garbage.

Last Edit by Palmerston

I do not watched "Red Dwarf" but producers of comedy are under pressure of political correctness.  Here in Serbia too. Even in rule a Communism and later there are good TV and movie comedies  ::) This year I was pleasantly surprised by the Serbian comedy TV series
" Komšije " ("Neighbors"), which was filmed in 2015, there is more one , but political correctness does its thing.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5143246/

Also, I don't remember watching some good recent American or English comedy.

Last Edit by Gladstone