You are Here:
The Farm Bill 2018

Author (Read 648 times)

The Farm Bill 2018
« on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:33:06 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
This needs more attention. I've been hearing things about this for the past two days and now the Yemen Resolution has been attached to it. That means Trump is much more likely to veto. I still need to look into this bill for the other things it includes. One thing it says it does is legalize industrial hemp! Amazing.

Unfortunatly for those who've been working on this bill, Kashoggi, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen have now been latched on to the whole thing. I still don't know if I consider this a good bill in general, as I still have to read it for myself. This bill seems to be a bigger deal than any amount of attention it is receiving.

https://congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: The Farm Bill 2018
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2018, 02:15:00 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Passed and signed by Chump, I mean Trump.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: The Farm Bill 2018 - FEDERAL FOOD MORALITY MANDATE
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2018, 03:01:50 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
So the federal government just took it upon itself to tell you what you can or cannot eat. What's next? Kosher laws? Halal laws? Pork is known to carry more disease in general... you know it's all about safety these days. "Baby on board"  :P Bye bye bacon and Americana.

SEC. 12515. Prohibition on slaughter of dogs and cats for human consumption.

(a) In general.—Except as provided in subsection (c), no person may—

(1) knowingly slaughter a dog or cat for human consumption; or

(2) knowingly ship, transport, move, deliver, receive, possess, purchase, sell, or donate—

(A) a dog or cat to be slaughtered for human consumption; or

(B) a dog or cat part for human consumption.

(b) Scope.—Subsection (a) shall apply only with respect to conduct—

(1) in or affecting interstate commerce or foreign commerce; or

(2) within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

(c) Exception for Indian Tribes.—The prohibition in subsection (a) shall not apply to an Indian (as defined in section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 5304)) carrying out any activity described in subsection (a) for the purpose of a religious ceremony.

(d) Penalty.—Any person who violates subsection (a) shall be subject to a fine in an amount not greater than $5,000 for each violation.

(e) Effect On State law.—Nothing in this section—

(1) limits any State or local law or regulation protecting the welfare of animals; or

(2) prevents a State or unit of local government from adopting and enforcing an animal welfare law or regulation that is more stringent than this section.

Last Edit by Gladstone