Imran Awan pleads guilty to bank fraud in deal with prosecutors

Author (Read 883 times)

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Article

Ex-Dem IT aide Imran Awan pleads guilty to bank fraud in deal with prosecutors

By Alex Pappas | Fox News

https://foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/03/ex-dem-it-aide-imran-awan-pleads-guilty-to-bank-fraud-in-deal-with-prosecutors.html

Imran Awan, the former IT aide to congressional Democrats whose federal court case has drawn the interest of President Trump and other Republicans, pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal bank fraud in a plea deal where prosecutors said they "uncovered no evidence" that Awan "violated federal law with respect to the House computer systems."

During a hearing before U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan in Washington, Awan pleaded guilty to making a false statement on a loan application. As part of the deal, the prosecution dropped fraud charges against Awan's wife, Hina Alvi.

The case has generated interest from Republicans on Capitol Hill, who have suggested Awan could have been involved in a cyber breach operation. But prosecutors said Tuesday they investigated allegations of misconduct by Awan while on the job in Congress and determined federal charges were not warranted. [continues...]

Editorial

Justice Department covers up possible spy ring scandal in Democratic congressional offices

By Frank Miniter | Fox News

https://foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/03/justice-department-covers-up-possible-spy-ring-scandal-in-democratic-congressional-offices.html

In an incredible sweetheart plea deal, Imran Awan – a former IT aide to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., and other congressional Democrats – pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of making a false statement on a home equity loan.

I sat flabbergasted in the courtroom in Washington as the plea agreement was entered.

I spent the last year interviewing hundreds of people and chasing leads for my upcoming book –titled “Spies in Congress” – about the alleged spy ring believed led by Awan that may have operated in the offices of more than 40 Democratic members of Congress. [continues...]

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix