You are Here:
Transhumanism meme incoming 2020

Author (Read 922 times)

Transhumanism meme incoming 2020
« on: Jun 15, 2019, 10:39:14 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
You know, almost my entire life, I always wondered about the year 2020. Just the numbers and the sound of saying that year out loud piqued my interest. I counted out how old I would be that year when I was young. I don't think 2000 was as interesting then as 2020, considering how close it was to when I first started gaining consciousness 5-10 years before the turn of the century. I did fall for the Y2K hoax though, without even hearing about Alex Jones, that young.

I believe there is an incoming meme push on mainstream culture coming up with 2020 in mind. The 2020's are possibly going to have a cyberpunk/transhumanism theme that big meme pushers will introduce. I'm going to focus on Warner Brothers because they are behind two big things I've been looking forward to for a couple of years and I just figured out it's the same company distributing both of those and a third movie I just found out about. The cyberpunk culture seems to have been more underground for the entirety of its lifespan. I've never been into it really, but with promotions and word of mouth I've become interested and, I have to say, I think some of it is actually kind of cool. The problem that comes with this is that the public might just run with it and make it into an out of control meme that takes over and is pushed and strived for. I'm sure most here are familiar with transhumanism.

I came to realize the meme with the new video game coming out called "Cyberpunk 2077." I play video games. I know that can be taboo in the truther community, but just like how I do watch hockey, you know, sometimes people need a sort of outlet from time to time. Now, just like movies and music lately, there hasn't been much as far as new ideas and innovation and stories in videos games either these days. This game does exactly all of that, with a new graphics engine; I could go more into that but won't. It's also going to star Keanu Reeves. If you're interested in trends, memes, new ideas, and transhumanism (for or against,) you should watch these game previews. They are trying to make this the future. The game is set to be distributed by Warner Brothers; April 2020.

Here's the age restricted youtube link showing 48 minutes of gameplay (which should embed at some point) and the hooktube link under that, which should bypass the youtube login age requirement and work just fine...

Btw this would be rated R or NC-17  ;D

Age and login work around link on Hooktube...

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

Now. Researching this game, I came to find it is a video game adaptation of a tabletop game called Cyberpunk 2020. I am into table top games with friends. We never played this game, but that only piqued my interest more. I looked into the table top game more. Here, look into it yourself...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

https://talsorianstore.com/

I came to find out the creator of the tabletop game Cyberpunk was partly inspired by the Japanese anime movie, Akira (1988). The video game Cyberpunk 2077 will include the motorcycle featured in the movie Akira. I went ahead and watched Akira for the first time last night after hearing about it for many years and procrastinating watching it all the way through. It's a pretty awesome movie, with a Godzilla type underlying theme, warning of humanity's going too far with science. The movie was a film adaptation of a previous Japanese comic book of the same name. A new live-action version of Akira is set to be released a couple of years from now from Hollywood, distributed by... Warner Brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_(1988_film)

I was randomly browsing PPF a year or two ago and came across someone talking about/recommending the book, The Forever War. So I got it and read it in one night, because it was good and it did apply in the sense the poster was making. It deals with many concepts, bullshit wars, corruption, degeneracy (not necessarily morally), the Vietnam War, homosexuality, and transhumanism. I found out more like a year ago that they were making a movie out of it and I've been excited ever since. The book does have an underlining theme of warning (like a lot of these other pieces of work.) As far as I know, Channing Tatum is supposed to lead role and Ridley Scott is supposed to direct it. Maybe I knew before, but didn't connect until today that, guess what, it's being distributed by Warner Brothers. Also today, I went back and searched the forum for my recommendation of the book, found the thread, and found EG talked about the Blade Runner series/lore. I found it ties into the cyberpunk culture of the 80s/90s and found even those movies are distributed by, none other than, Warner Brothers. Interesting.

The 20s are going to be interesting. Are you ready boomers, Xers, millennials, and zoomers?

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: Transhumanism meme incoming 2020
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2019, 03:41:48 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
This is one of the most anticipated games of 2020.   If you want the DRM free version of the game, buy it from gog[dot]com.   CD Projekt Red is making the game and they will distribute a DRM free version on the gog (good old games) website which they own.

Considering that Keanu Reeves has stared in the Matrix Series,  Johnny Mnemonic and coming off John Wick, it is not a shock that CD Projekt Red recruited him for this video game.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: Transhumanism meme incoming 2020
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2019, 05:19:54 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
This is one of the most anticipated games of 2020.   If you want the DRM free version of the game, buy it from gog[dot]com.   CD Projekt Red is making the game and they will distribute a DRM free version on the gog (good old games) website which they own.

Considering that Keanu Reeves has stared in the Matrix Series,  Johnny Mnemonic and coming off John Wick, it is not a shock that CD Projekt Red recruited him for this video game.

No kidding? They must really want this to get out there lol

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix