You are Here:
The 'Carr Fire' in California is so hot it's creating its own weather system.

Author (Read 763 times)

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."
I have an old college bud, who is Abbot at his own Monastery in Apple Canyon close to the Carr-Fire by San Bernadino ... a fire which the AGW/CC camp have been desperately trying to label as a result of 'Climate-Change'. So, I pray for my friend's Buddhist retreat, whose members are of course, all evacuated.
Carr Fire in California is so hot it's creating its own weather system

https://10news.com/news/national/carr-fire-in-california-is-so-hot-it-s-creating-its-own-weather-system

Do you think that Climate-Change fanatics are desperate enough to start a fire, so they can earn brownie-points in a debate about 'who done it?'

Maybe the argument is Null:

During the last big fire, a couple/three years ago, the subsequent torrents of rain, due to ground subsidence, led to the Monastery being nearly buried in mud-slides.

Latest news from Apple-Canyon, yesterday, was that the fire is under-control and the Monastery occupants may be able to return and begin a clean-up if a lot of fire-retardant chemicals and other muck were dropped on the site.

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.
 ... apparently.

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
The bigger problem, in places like where your second post points out, is the dry air. 100-105 degrees with dry air would be a lot more comfortable than the 105 we just had here recently in east Texas with extremely high humidity. Today we get dry air, but lower temperatures. Literally this morning, I looked out the window and thought we should worry more now about fires these next couple of days with 90 degrees and low humidity. And this kind of situation is extremely rare for August. I really can't remember a north wind coming so early. Weird, but who's to say this wasn't more common 300, 400, or 500 years ago?

(Btw, the Texas coast has been beautiful this year. Y'all should come down and enjoy the beach  8) And spend money... LOL)

Do you think that Climate-Change fanatics are desperate enough to start a fire, so they can earn brownie-points in a debate about 'who done it?'

Yes. These people feel so morally superior to anyone who questions them, I believe they'd do just about anything for 'the cause.'

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."
Death Valley records the hottest month EVER on Earth
https://thesun.co.uk/news/6916022/death-valley-hottest-place-earth-record-temperatures-monthly/

1st August 2018, 2:24 pm
Updated: 1st August 2018, 2:48 pm

A couple poses at the Furnace Creek Visitor Center thermometer in Death Valley National Park, on July 26

Because Death Valley is 190ft below sea-level, and is literally a valley into which hot air spills and stagnates.

Last Edit by Humphrey
"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.
 ... apparently.