You are Here:
New Zealand shooting 3/15/19

Author (Read 747 times)

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
A common theme I heard all weekend was that big tech must do more to censor the Internet.

Facebook removed 1.5 million videos of New Zealand terror attack

https://cbsnews.com/news/new-zealand-shooting-facebook-removed-videos-terror-attack-mosques-christchurch-2019-03-17/

As New Zealand reels from a terrorist attack against two mosques in Christchurch, Facebook announced it deleted 1.5 million videos of the shootings in the first 24 hours following the massacre. The tech company said in a tweet late Saturday that it prevented 1.2 million videos from being uploaded to its platform, which has more than 2.2 billion global users.

However, it implies 300,000 versions of the video were available to watch for at least short periods of time before Facebook nixed them. It also reveals how quickly such provocative and graphic content circulate online and the challenges facing social media companies such as Facebook have as they try to stamp them out.

Video of the brutal attack was livestreamed on Facebook by the suspected gunman Brenton Tarrant, an Australian native who appeared in court this weekend and has been charged with murder. Tarrant is likely to face more charges when he goes in front of the Christchurch high court April 5. An online manifesto spewed a message of hate replete with references familiar to extremist chat rooms and internet trolls.

More at the link --> https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-zealand-shooting-facebook-removed-videos-terror-attack-mosques-christchurch-2019-03-17/

Last Edit by Gladstone

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

BBC News
BBC.co.uk

Christchurch shootings: NZ cabinet backs action on gun laws
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47607215

'PM Jacinda Ardern says New Zealand's cabinet has backed gun law changes "in principle" after an attack on two mosques left 50 dead and many injured.

Australian Brenton Tarrant, 28, has been charged with murder.

Police say the killer used military-style assault weapons that appeared to have been modified to make them more deadly for the attacks.

Friday's events sparked calls for gun law reform, with Ms Ardern saying soon after that "our gun laws will change".

Speaking at a press conference after a cabinet meeting, Ms Ardern said she expected to give details of the reforms by 25 March.

"This ultimately means that within 10 days of this horrific act of terrorism we will have announced reforms which will, I believe, make our community safer," she said.

"We have made a decision as a cabinet, we are unified," the prime minister told reporters.

Ms Ardern also announced that an inquiry will look into the lead-up to the bloodshed, and what might have been done differently.

Nine people remain in hospital in a critical condition.'

Read More : Christchurch shootings: NZ cabinet backs action on gun laws

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

news.com.au
http://www.news.com.au/

Teen’s sick boast after Christchurch massacre
http://www.news.com.au/world/pacific/new-zealand-prime-minister-jacinda-ardern-seeks-advice-on-deportation-options-for-accused-brenton-tarrant/news-story/3e0c76c98ad556e8dd33ee42a55fed42

'An 18-year-old has faced court in New Zealand accused of making a sick boast in the aftermath of the Christchurch mass shootings.</p>

The teen faces two charges: one of sharing the shooter’s live-stream video and a second for posting a photograph of the mosque with the message “target acquired” along with other chat messages “inciting extreme violence”, the New Zealand Herald reports.

When the 18-year-old appeared in Christchurch District Court today, Judge Stephen O’Driscoll allowed his name to be suppressed but refused his request for bail.

Police said the teen was not involved in the shootings on Friday.

He is due back in court next month.

The charge relating to distributing an objectionable publication is dated March 15, the day of the mosque shootings, court documents show.

The second charge, of making an objectionable publication, alleges the offence took place between March 8 and 15.

The teen was initially charged with publishing insulting material with intent to excite hostility or ill will against a group of persons on the basis of race, ethnicity or national origins. That charge was withdrawn today and replaced by the two new charges.'

Read More : Teen’s sick boast after Christchurch massacre

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

In the Manifesto the shooter clearly states that he wished to trigger an over the top gun grabbing response, to cause more civil unrest.

Therefore, do not comply with his wishes, do nothing and clearly state that terrorists do not dictate legislation.

Last Edit by Palmerston

This headline was a common theme in US papers all weekend.  I should have added some commentary before I posted the article.  Before this shooting,  more and more sheriffs in the US and people were saying they would not comply with more gun control.

Last Edit by Gladstone

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke
This headline was a common theme in US papers all weekend.  I should have added some commentary before I posted the article.  Before this shooting,  more and more sheriffs in the US and people were saying they would not comply with more gun control.

BBC News
BBC.co.uk

Christchurch shootings: NZ cabinet backs action on gun laws
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47607215

'PM Jacinda Ardern says New Zealand's cabinet has backed gun law changes "in principle" after an attack on two mosques left 50 dead and many injured.

Australian Brenton Tarrant, 28, has been charged with murder.

Police say the killer used military-style assault weapons that appeared to have been modified to make them more deadly for the attacks.

Friday's events sparked calls for gun law reform, with Ms Ardern saying soon after that "our gun laws will change".

Speaking at a press conference after a cabinet meeting, Ms Ardern said she expected to give details of the reforms by 25 March.

"This ultimately means that within 10 days of this horrific act of terrorism we will have announced reforms which will, I believe, make our community safer," she said.

"We have made a decision as a cabinet, we are unified," the prime minister told reporters.

Ms Ardern also announced that an inquiry will look into the lead-up to the bloodshed, and what might have been done differently.

Nine people remain in hospital in a critical condition.'

Read More : Christchurch shootings: NZ cabinet backs action on gun laws

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Last Edit by Palmerston

Your reputation and knowledge on all matters related to the 2nd amendment is legendary.  8)

Last Edit by Gladstone
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

Re: New Zealand shooting 3/15/19 - visited Israel in 2016
« Reply #31 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:04:57 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
New Zealand mosque shooting suspect reportedly visited Israel in 2016

Official quoted as saying there were no red flags in security check of Brenton Tarrant; Greek, Bulgaria, Turkey, Croatia, and Hungary also confirm trips

https://euronews.com/2019/03/16/new-zealand-shooter-s-travels-around-eastern-europe-under-investigation

As details emerge over the suspect charged for the massacre at two mosques in New Zealand, countries in Europe have launched a probe into 28-year-old Brenton Harrison Tarrant's ties to the region.

The Australian national wrote in a 74-page manifesto circulated online that he was born into "a working class, low income family" and skipped university to work and deal in cryptocurrency.

Tarrant also wrote that he used the money he made from his dealings to fund his travels to France, Spain, and Portugal in 2017.

Several other countries also checked their records to see if he had embarked on other journeys.
Tarrant's 'very serious knowledge' of Balkan history

It was revealed that in 2016, he visited Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Croatia, where he stopped by historic battle sites, according to Bulgarian Prosecutor General Sotir Tsatsarov.

Tsatsarov said investigators are now working to determine if Tarrant had any ties with Bulgarians and are working with partners across the world, including Serbia and the US.

The Prosecutor also said Tarrant returned to the region in November 2018 to visit historic sites of Bulgaria, Romania, and Hungary.

His interest showed “a very serious knowledge of the Balkan history in details I would say even few people in the Balkans know,” Bulgarian Foreign Minister Elaterid Zachariah told Reuters.

Bulgaria's Interior Minister Mladen Marinov said in a statement released to news agency BTA: "We express our deepest condolences and do not want Bulgaria, which is an ethnically tolerant country, to be associated in any way with this horrible and unjustifiable act."

Tarrant also visited Turkey multiple times, including an "extended visit", a senior Turkish official confirmed to the Associated Press on Saturday but would not confirm the dates of the travels.

The official also said an investigation into "the suspect's movements and contacts within the country" were underway.
Trip to Pakistan

According to New Zealand's Herald newspaper, Tarrant's suspended Facebook page also showed a post from Pakistan in 2018, where he said the country “an incredible place filled with the most earnest, kind hearted and hospitable people in the world”.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: New Zealand shooting 3/15/19 - visited Israel in 2016
« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:14:32 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
New Zealand mosque shooting suspect reportedly visited Israel in 2016

Reminds me of his hero Tommy Robinson.

It never ceases to amaze me how the Neo-Nazis have switched to Zionism and waving Israeli Flags at Muslims. That the Muslims fought for Hitler, and Hitler had nice things to say about Muslims has either been forgotten, or they are the neandathal knuckle dragging apes we always suspected.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: New Zealand shooting 3/15/19 - Internet is to blame for the shooting
« Reply #33 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:18:27 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
There is cohesive narrative by the media that the Internet is to blame for the shooting.

I remember seeing bills submitted in New York, were in order to buy a gun, you would have to turn over passwords of your accounts on social media so the police could check them.  The media is building the foundation for the government to seize this type of power.

Massacre Suspect Traveled the World but Lived on the Internet

https://nytimes.com/2019/03/15/world/asia/new-zealand-shooting-brenton-tarrant.html

He announced his mass killing over social media and filmed it live on the internet. He shared a 74-page online manifesto peppered with sarcastic jokes about popular culture, repeating well-known internet memes and striving to mint new ones.

He even laid out his explanation in a “Q. and A.” format, as though in an interview, with asides to imagine the reactions.

“I am sure the journalists will love that,” he wrote, after answering, “yes,” to his own question, “Were/are you a fascist?”

The man accused of killing 49 people on Friday in a shooting spree at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, identified in court papers on Saturday as Brenton Harrison Tarrant, is a 28-year-old body builder and personal trainer from the small town of Grafton, Australia. He is the son of a local garbage man who made a hobby of competing in Ironman triathlons.

But after the death of his father, in 2010, the suspect’s life took him in an unexpected direction. He invested in cryptocurrency, quit his gym job and took an idiosyncratic tour through North Korea, Pakistan, Eastern Europe, France and elsewhere.

And his travels — apparently solo — plunged him deeply into the online world of white-nationalist message boards.

Mr. Tarrant now appears to have become the first accused mass murderer to conceive of the killing itself as a meme; it seems he was both inspired by the world of social media and performing for it, hoping his video, images and text would go viral.

“Terrorism is the propaganda of the deed, and the terrorist is always as interested in his audience as his victim,” said Reid Meloy, a forensic psychologist and consultant to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, paraphrasing the 19th-century Russian anarchist Mikhail Bakunin.

“But social media makes this vector much more powerful,” Dr. Meloy said. “We become host to the virus, and we accelerate its spread.”

More at the link ---> https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/15/world/asia/new-zealand-shooting-brenton-tarrant.html

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: New Zealand shooting 3/15/19
« Reply #34 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:59:32 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
The article mentions bombs being found and four people being arrested for the shooting.  We always hear of multiple shooters before the narrative changes.

Australian man arrested over NZ shootings

https://macarthuradvertiser.com.au/story/5956818/australian-man-arrested-over-nz-shootings/?cs=12686

An Australian man is among four people arrested after multiple people were killed in shootings at two mosques in the New Zealand city of Christchurch.

Australian-born Brenton Tarrant, two other men and a woman were arrested after at least one gunman opened fire on worshippers as they gathered for Friday prayers, with unconfirmed reports of dozens of deaths.

A number of car bombs were also disengaged by military personnel after the shooting.

Asked if one of the attackers had been wearing explosives, police commissioner Mike Bush said they had "been made safe."

Police said they were still treating the event as ongoing and urged residents to stay indoors.

They have asked mosques around the country to close their doors.

Armed police descended on the Masjid Al Noor mosque, near Hagley Park, after shooting broke out at 1.40pm (NZT) on Friday, with public facilities locked down and the area cleared out.

Reports later emerged of shots at another mosque in Linwood Avenue.

"I can confirm that the individual who was taken into custody I have been advised is an Australian-born citizen," Australian prime minister Scott Morrison told reporters in Sydney on Friday.

A witness, with blood splatters across his shirt, told AAP the shooter changed magazines seven times after opening fire as the crowd gathered to pray.

"When the shooting started people started rushing out, and the door was closed, and the guys came on them and started shooting them," he said, describing how he hid under a bench and pretended to stop breathing.

"He went to all the different [rooms] and he shot everyone."

Several hundred people were inside and witnesses reported seeing "blood everywhere".

Others described seeing as many as 40 people injured.

"I heard a big sound of the gun. And a second one, I ran. Lots of people were sitting on the floor," one told TVNZ.

"The floor. There's lots of blood on the floor, you can see when you go in."

A 17-minute video that appeared to show a shooting, taken from a helmet camera, had been posted online with police urging the public not to share it.

Telecommunications companies were also working to have the video taken down or blocked.

A man named as Tarrant and claiming to be a 28-year-old Australian has issued a 74-page "manifesto" saying he carried out the fatal shootings at Christchurch mosques to avenge the deaths of thousands in Europe in terror attacks.

His manifesto, titled "The Great Replacement", was posted on a message board website.

Police have declined to say if the incident is being treated as terrorism, whether the arrested group were known to police or to comment on the possible motivation.

Video posted on social media showed police ramming a vehicle and removing a person inside.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said called it one of her nation's darkest days.

"I would describe it as an unprecedented act of violence, an act that has absolutely no place in New Zealand," she said.

Christchurch Mayor Lianne Dalziel urged residents to pull together.

"I never could believe that something like this would ever happen in the city of Christchurch, but actually I would never believe that this would ever happen in New Zealand," she said.

New Zealand's top national security agencies held an emergency meeting in the afternoon.

Players from the Bangladesh cricket team, in Christchurch to play New Zealand in a Test match starting on Saturday, were in the mosque narrowly escaped the attack. They had been left shaken but uninjured, their coach told media.

The match since been cancelled.

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #35 on: Mar 18, 2019, 07:03:58 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Christchurch shootings at two mosques leave 49 dead, Australian arrested in relation to livestreamed terror attack

https://abc.net.au/news/2019-03-15/christchurch-shooting-at-mosques-leads-to-multiple-fatalities/10904306

An Australian is among those who have been arrested after 49 people were killed and dozens more were injured in terrorist shooting attacks at two Christchurch mosques.

At least one gunman with a semi-automatic weapon massacred worshippers gathered for Friday prayers in two locations: a mosque at Deans Avenue in central Christchurch and another mosque in the nearby suburb of Linwood.

New Zealand police arrested three men and a woman in the aftermath of the attacks, and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirmed one of those taken into custody was an Australian-born citizen.

New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush said one man in his late 20s had been charged with murder, two other people remained in custody and the other — who was armed at the scene — may not have had anything to do with the attack.

Mr Bush said 41 people died at the Masjid al-Noor mosque on Deans Avenue, seven at the Linwood Avenue mosque, and one more later in hospital. Forty people have been treated for injuries at Christchurch Hospital.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the attacks had clearly been "well-planned" and labelled this "one of New Zealand's darkest days".

"It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack. From what we know, it does appear to have been well-planned," she said.

More at the link --> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-15/christchurch-shooting-at-mosques-leads-to-multiple-fatalities/10904306

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #36 on: Mar 18, 2019, 01:11:01 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Out of curiosity I turned on Alex Jones live to see what he had to say . . . and all he can talk about is a Gillette Razor advert.

Pathetic.

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #37 on: Mar 18, 2019, 02:16:11 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Out of curiosity I turned on Alex Jones live to see what he had to say . . . and all he can talk about is a Gillette Razor advert.

Pathetic.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Not too many are interested in doing investigative journalism in the Infotainment media especially if it interferes with keeping the money rolling in.  I remember a time when alternative media would cover stories that corporate media deliberately did not cover or exposed the lies of media.  Now you have to wade through so much disinformation from both the corporate media and co-opted alternative media.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Edited:  Corrected wording

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #38 on: Mar 18, 2019, 07:12:16 pm »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Not too many are interested in during investigative journalism in the Infotainment media especially if it interferes with keeping the money rolling in.  I remember a time when alternative media would cover stories that corporate media deliberately did not cover or exposed the lies of media.  Now you have to wade through so much disinformation from both the corporate media and co-opted alternative media.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Sounds right. Especially depressing is the performance of the co-opted media. Can the listeners really not tell when some thing is rotten and putrefying ?

Apparently they are too busy ordering super gay vitality snake oil.

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: New Zealand shooting 3/15/19 - Why censor video footage ?
« Reply #39 on: Mar 19, 2019, 05:35:08 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Natural News

Why are mainstream media outlets trying to censor video footage of New Zealand gun massacre?
http://www.naturalnews.com/2019-03-18-why-are-mainstream-media-outlets-trying-to-censor-video-footage-of-new-zealand-gun-massacre.html

'There’s a raging battle going on to scrub all video footage of the New Zealand mass shooting from the web, and leading the charge are the usual social media suspects: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and the like. But why, exactly, don’t these platforms want people to see the actual evidence of what supposedly occurred down under at the two Muslim mosques where 49 worshipers are said to have been murdered in cold blood?

It would seem as though mainstream media outlets want the public to simply believe some written narrative without being allowed to actually see and interpret, with their own eyes, the event itself as it allegedly took place – the apparent intent being to control what the public believes, regardless of whether or not it’s true. According to CNN Business, as relayed by Zero Hedge, Big Tech is currently engaged in a “struggle to deal with (the) New Zealand shooting video.” What this language actually means is that the major media platforms really don’t want people to see the video in question, and are actively trying to suppress the truth about what really took place behind all the media propaganda.

“‘Deal with’ is code for ‘censor on demand by governments and activist organizations who oppose public access to information that hasn’t first been thoroughly vetted for conformity to their preferred narrative,'” explains Zero Hedge.

“I suspect that many of us who did (I viewed what appeared to be a partial copy before YouTube deleted it) would rather we could un-see it … But whether or not we watch it should be up to us, not those governments and activists. Social media companies should enable our choices, not suppress our choices at the censors’ every whim.”

Read More : Why are mainstream media outlets trying to censor video footage of New Zealand gun massacre?

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #40 on: Mar 19, 2019, 12:40:53 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
It looks like the telecommunications companies will be more involved in censoring information.  It cannot be a coincidence that Federal Communication Commissions decides to remove the Net Neutrality rules two years ago in the US and an incident like this happens.  Look for more websites that do not follow the official story to be blocked or remove from the internet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand wants answers from Mark Zuckerberg over mosque attack video

https://cnn.com/2019/03/19/tech/new-zealand-attack-video-zuckerberg/index.html

Vodafone (VOD) and two other telecommunications operators, which provide internet access for most New Zealanders, said on Tuesday they want Facebook (FB) CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter (TWTR) CEO Jack Dorsey and Google (GOOGL) CEO Sundar Pichai to take part in an "urgent discussion" on how to keep harmful content off their platforms.

The three US tech companies have faced heavy criticism after they failed to identify and stop the spread of a video of Friday's attack in which 50 people at two mosques were killed.

The CEOs of Vodafone New Zealand, Spark and 2degrees said they had taken the unprecedented step of jointly identifying and suspending access to sites that were hosting video footage taken by the attacker. They called on authorities to require tech companies to take down terrorist-linked content within a specific period of time and fine them if they fail to do so.

"Although we recognize the speed with which social network companies sought to remove Friday's video once they were made aware of it, this was still a response to material that was rapidly spreading globally and should never have been made available online," they said in an open letter published on their company websites.

Germany introduced a law in 2018 that gives authorities the power to fine social media platforms if they fail to quickly remove hate speech. And the European Commission is considering rules that would require platforms to remove terror content within an hour of it being flagged by authorities or risk fines up to 4% of global revenue.

More at the link ---> https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/tech/new-zealand-attack-video-zuckerberg/index.html

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: New Zealand shooting 3/15/19 - Why censor video footage ?
« Reply #41 on: Mar 19, 2019, 08:16:59 pm »

One Revelator

• Awakened
Why are mainstream media outlets trying to censor video footage of New Zealand gun massacre?

Because there's evidence of video fakery. And they don't want you to notice that so New Zealand can:

- Further disarm its citizens.
- Fan the flames of the masonic Pike plan that leads to globalism.
- Justify Chinese-style censorship to include threatening people with jail time for simply downloading a video.

Videographer starts with pointing out that any "live stream" can, in fact, be pre-recorded.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/VRRZI8Pre7oa/

1.) Magic Bullets - Bullet casing disappear into thin air.
2.) Magazine (with ammo) laying on Mosque floor BEFORE Shooter ever entered the Mosque.
3.) Bodies on ground and fallen before shots fired.
4.) Perfect Walls - No damage or bullet holes in wall.
5.) Manikins and the open doorway.

Last Edit by Gladstone
Shipp knows exactly who "they" are. Books and slideshow available.

Re: New Zealand shooting 3/15/19 - Ozzie Censorship
« Reply #42 on: Mar 20, 2019, 04:12:53 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

cnbc.com
http://www.cnbc.com/

Australia’s prime minister calls for global social media restrictions after Christchurch shootings
http://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/19/australias-pm-restrict-social-media-after-christchurch-mosque-attack.html

'Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has called for a global crackdown on social media after footage of last Friday’s mosque attacks in Christchurch, New Zealand was livestreamed on Facebook, calling into question the extent to which the world’s biggest tech giants can successfully monitor their own platforms.

In a letter to Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Morrison asked the G-20 chair to make the issue central to the world leaders’ upcoming summit in Osaka in June. Morrison shared the letter in a Twitter post on Tuesday.

“It is imperative that the global community works together to ensure that technology firms meet their moral obligation to protect the communities which they serve and from which they profit.”

Facebook and Alphabet’s YouTube are among those to have faced heavy criticism for their failure to block videos of last week’s twin shootings, which left 50 dead and several others critically injured.

Facebook confirmed on Monday that a livestreamed video apparently showing last week’s attack was viewed 4,000 times before it was removed.

During the livestream itself, the video was viewed fewer than 200 times, but views racked up after news of the attack broke. The footage was later shared on other platforms, including YouTube and Twitter.

Facebook said on Saturday that it removed 1.5 million videos of the attack in the first 24 hours after it was originally livestreamed. Facebook said 1.2 million of those videos “were blocked at upload.” Reddit, Twitter and YouTube also tried to move quickly to remove content related to the shooting.'

Source   - CNBC

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

theguardian.com
http://www.theguardian.com/

UK to start issuing far-right terrorism alerts
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/19/uk-to-start-issuing-far-right-terrorism-alerts

'The UK is to start issuing official threat-level warnings for far-right terrorism amid rising concerns about white supremacist murder attempts, the Guardian has learned.

The threat levels will be issued following assessments by the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre (JTAC), an elite Whitehall unit that already produces similar warnings for Islamist and Ireland-related terror. Friday’s attacks in Christchurch, New Zealand, when 50 Muslims were murdered as they prayed, allegedly by a white supremacist gunman, have triggered fresh concerns about whether the threat from the extreme right is being taken seriously enough.

Combating far-right violence was once the responsibility of the police but top-level plots and suspects are now being tackled by Britain’s domestic intelligence agency, MI5. Public order issues and hate crime will remain with the police, and JTAC’s formal assessment of the far-right threat is expected to start this year.

There have been 18 terrorist plots thwarted in the UK since March 2017, 14 of which were inspired by Islamist extremism, assessed as much the greater threat, and four emanated from the far right.

However, counter-terrorism officials believe white supremacist terrorism is an increasing threat. The stabbing of a teenager in Stanwell on Saturday is being treated as an alleged far-right terror attack and a 50-year-old suspect remains in custody on suspicion of attempted murder. Other incidents have been reported since the Christchurch attack, including online gloating.'

Read More : UK to start issuing far-right terrorism alerts

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #44 on: Mar 20, 2019, 01:03:51 pm »

Equal Opportunities Customer.

• InfoWarrior
  • "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into ..."
Yyyyeeeeessss ....

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Courage mounteth with the occasion."
King John Act 2, Scene 1.
 ... apparently.

« Reply #45 on: Mar 20, 2019, 02:00:36 pm »

poseidonlost

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Online gloating is a crime over there now?  :o

Finally finished reading the manifesto. Both the manifesto and video were full of dank chan memeage. Half of the statement was a joke, the other half full of collectivist garbage. If this was actually written by the main featured shooter, he's blaming things that he is a product of. This is just the dark side of the same coin. The education system is still to blame. It all stems from the same schools of thought. Subjectivism, collectivism, nihilism, etc. So even if this was all just a script and show, it was written by people within the same mind frame. The statement points out the individualism so idealized in America as a problem. Hmmm, maybe that's why the United States has (in general) been the most free and prosperous nation in all of recorded history.

Also, plenty of talk about saving the environment in there. Seems to be a common denominator for all. Billions completely brainwashed, thinking they aren't. Another monster comprachico. Another Agent Smith that jumped into the real world from computer land, manifested by deception too deep for the common man.

Last Edit by Gladstone
"Castles made of sand, slips into the sea, eventually." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: New Zealand shooting 3/15/19 - Restricting Brenton Tarrant Manifesto
« Reply #46 on: Mar 25, 2019, 03:23:23 am »

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke

Reading Manifestos: Restricting Brenton Tarrant’s The Great Replacement

A censorious and censoring attitude has engulfed responses to the mental airings of the Christchurch shooter.  Material in connection with Brenton Tarrant, the alleged gunman behind the killing of 50 individuals at two mosques in New Zealand, is drying up; his manifesto, for one, is being disaggregated and spread through multiple forms, removed from their various parts with blunt razors.  Doing so does a disservice to any arguments that might be mounted against him, but having a debate is not what this is generally about.

Arguments on banning the incendiary and dangerous are easily mounted against a range of publications. The smutty supposedly corrupt public morals; the revolutionary supposedly give citizens strange and cocksure ideas about overthrowing the order of things. Then there are just the downright bizarre and adventurous, incapable of classification, but deemed dangerous for not falling into any clear category.  Certitude is fundamentally important for the rule-directed censor and paper shuffling bureaucrat.

One example stands out, a testament to the failure of such efforts and the misunderstandings and distortions that follow.  Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf, as a stellar case, was banned in Germany after the Second World War.  In January 2016, it was republished on the expiry of copyright held by the Bavarian government.  As Steven Luckert remarked in The Atlantic at the time, “the history of the book, and of Hitler’s words more generally, demonstrates that there’s no clear-cut relationship between banning speech and halting the spread of ideas.”  The Nazi party did not disappear in the aftermath of the ban; nor could it be said that his ideas had captivated whole states and their governments, despite being accessible.

The book, deemed to be an insight into the darkened corridors of Hitler’s racial and biologically charged mind, was not initially seen as off limits in the war of ideas; even as the United States was doing battle against Nazi Germany, advocates for understanding the mental baggage of Hitler was sought rather than dismissed.  Houghton Mifflin made it a patriotic duty for Americans to familiarise themselves with the tenets of the text.

British Prime Minister Winston Churchill was also keen that those battling Germany have a sense of what they were up against.  As he  noted in his history of the Second World War, “There was no book which deserved more careful study from the rulers, political and military, of the Allied Powers.”  All the elements were there, from “the programme of German insurrection” to establishing “the rightful position of Germany at the summit of the world.”

With Tarrant, the push to restrict discussion and siphon off any serious mention is well underway.  The Great Replacement is become scarcer on the internet, having been removed from numerous sites and scoured off digital domains.  White House counselor Kellyanne Conway insists that the document be studied and read “in its entirety.”  Her reasons, explained in a Monday morning interview with Fox & Friends, are valid enough; she wants to argue that Tarrant is not merely a white nationalist warrior, but as much a radical in other contexts.  Yes, he mentions President Donald Trump “and there it is, one time.  But he also said he aligns closely with the ideology of China.  He said he’s not a conservative, he’s not a Nazi, I think her referred to himself as an eco-naturalist or an eco-fascist.”  Such are the muddying details of completeness.

The suggestion prompted scorn and outrage from the media cognoscenti.  Aaron Rupar called it “highly irresponsible.”  Joan Donovan of Harvard’s Technology and Social Change Research Project, demonstrating the enlightened disposition one has come to expect from boxed squirrel scholars, demanded a curb to its reach. “It is loaded with keywords that lead down far-right rabbit holes.  Do not repost.”  Tech writer for The New York Times Kevin Roose was decidedly paternalistic, issuing a hazard warning to any would-be reader: “be careful with the NZ shooter’s apparent manifesto.  It’s thick with irony and meta-text and very easy to misinterpret if you’re not steeped in this stuff all the time (and even if you are).”  Like the Catholic Church of old, it has been left to a priestly cast of read, steeped-in-the-stuff interpreters to give the highlights, carefully chosen, for public consumption.  No rabbit holes, meta-text, or irony for the unfortunate plebeian readership.

The mechanism by which this censorship is being engineered is questionable from ethical, evidentiary and epistemological contexts. The copy-cat syndrome has roared to the fore as real and influencing, and to that end, justifying.  Be wary of social contagion in the aftermath of a mass killing, we are told.

In 2015, a multi-authored study in PloS ONE claimed to find “significant evidence that mass killings involving firearms are incented by similar events in the immediate past.”  There was “significant evidence of contagion in school shootings.”  The authors suggested that an increased risk of mass killings and school shootings in a 13-day period following previous incidents.  Such perspectives on contagion have been echoed in a range of publications which insist on not publishing names or photographs of mass shooters.

Adam Lankford and Sara Tomek revisited the theme in studying mass killings in the United States between 2006 and 2013 in the journal Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviour.  They noted the absence of relevant empirical studies on the subject, and previous contradictory findings.  The authors suggested that contagion requires transmission. “The social contagion thesis requires that the imitative mass killer be at least indirectly exposed to the model killer’s behaviour.”

On examining their gathered data, Lankford and Tomek confidently asserted that their study raised “significant questions about previous findings implying a short-term social contagion effect from mass killings.”  No “statistically significant evidence of contagion” was detectable within the 14-day time period.  Ever careful to cover their tracks with heavy padding, they also issue a cautionary note; “that longer term contagion or copycat effects may pose a significant threat to society.”

The banning complex is hard to resist.  After catastrophe, material can find itself onto forbidden lists.  Authorities, fearing mayhem, are the first to identify such dangers in slipshod fashion.  Uncertain and unverifiable contagion measures are considered.  But keeping such material off the radar will not advance the discussion of nationalism of a certain pedigree and the source of its inspiration.  If white nationalism be the problem, then call it out.  Examine it.  Consider remedies.  Tarrant’s The Great Replacement, like Hitler’s Mein Kampf before it, should be studied for its implications and understandings rather than avoided as a viral inducement for further violence.  The censor, in attitude, practice and assumption, remains as great a danger to society as any dangerous text ever could be.

Dr. Binoy Kampmark was a Commonwealth Scholar at Selwyn College, Cambridge.  He lectures at RMIT University, Melbourne.  Email: <a href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection#dab8b1bbb7aab7bba8b19abdb7bbb3b6f4b9b5b7"><span class="__cf_email__" data-cfemail="93f1f8f2fee3fef2e1f8d3f4fef2f affbdf0fcfe">[email protected]</span>[/url]

Icke

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #47 on: Mar 25, 2019, 06:40:08 am »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

https://detroitnews.com/story/news/world/2019/03/24/new-zealand-free-speech-issue-suspect-manifesto-ban/39251025/

New Zealanders are debating the limits of free speech after their chief censor banned a 74-page manifesto written by the man accused of slaughtering 50 people at two mosques in the city of Christchurch.

The ban, issued Saturday, means anybody caught with the document on their computer could face up to 10 years in prison, while anyone caught sending it could face 14 years. Some say the ban goes too far and risks lending both the document and the gunman mystique.

At the same time, many local media organizations are debating whether to even name the Australian man charged with murder in the March 15 attacks, 28-year-old Brenton Tarrant, after New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern vowed she would never mention him by name.

In some ways, Tarrant’s manifesto provides the greatest insight into his character and thinking, with neighbors and those he met in a gym in the sleepy seaside town of Dunedin recalling nothing particularly remarkable about him.

Chief Censor David Shanks said Tarrant’s manifesto contains justifications for acts of tremendous cruelty like killing children and encourages acts of terrorism, even outlining specific places to target and methods to carry out attacks.

He said that in banning the document, he and his staff worried about drawing more attention to it. But in the end, he said, they decided they needed to treat it the same way as propaganda from groups like the Islamic State, which they have also banned.

Shanks had earlier placed a similar ban on the 17-minute livestream video the killer filmed from a camera mounted on his helmet during the shootings. He said researchers and journalists could apply for exemptions from both bans.

More at the link --->  https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/world/2019/03/24/new-zealand-free-speech-issue-suspect-manifesto-ban/39251025/

Last Edit by Gladstone

Re: Mass shooting
« Reply #48 on: Mar 25, 2019, 02:29:27 pm »

Al Bundy

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

"I ask the questions, there for I am" ( Serbian actor Milos Timotijevic ).

Last Edit by Gladstone

« Reply #49 on: Mar 31, 2019, 12:18:11 pm »

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Facebook is ‘exploring restrictions’ for live video after Christchurch attack

https://theverge.com/2019/3/30/18288254/facebook-sheryl-sandberg-christchurch-new-zealand-attack-exploring-live-video-restrictions

The first step is that Facebook is “exploring restrictions on who can go Live depending on factors such as prior Community Standard violations,” and that the company is putting more resources into systems that can identify violent videos, even if they’re edited. She noted that they’ve found more than 900 variations of the video of the attack.

The second step is to take “even stronger steps to remove hate on our platforms.” Earlier this week, Facebook announced that it was banning white nationalist and separatist content from the site, and would redirect people searching for such content to resources that aid in people who leave hate organizations. Sandberg says that the company has since removed a number of groups for such organizations from its platform, and will remove praise of such groups as well.

The final step that Sandberg outlines is that the company is providing support to “four local well-being and mental health organizations” within New Zealand, and reiterated that the company is “ready to work with a commission designed to examine how online sites and social media platforms played a role in the attack.

Last Edit by Gladstone