Author (Read 807 times)

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
"Killer" Nanomachines  Can Destroy Cancer Cells Within One Minute

rt.com 31 August, 2017

https://www.rt.com/uk/401600-nanomachines-cancer-treatment-science/

Last Edit by Palmerston

Cancer may be cured by “killer” nanomachines that break into tumor cells within 60 seconds, according to ground-breaking researchScientists from Durham University found that when subjected to light, the tiny molecules can spin so quickly they can perforate cell lining.

In one test, the man-made nanomachines – tiny engines made up of gold particles that spring apart after being subjected to light – took between one and three minutes to break into a prostate cancer cell, killing it instantly

We are moving towards realising our ambition to be able to use light-activated nanomachines to target cancer cells such as those in breast tumours and skin melanomas, including those that are resistant to existing chemotherapy,” Dr. Robert Pal of Durham University said.

“Once developed, this approach could provide a potential step change in non-invasive cancer treatment and greatly improve survival rates and patient welfare globally,” Dr. Pal said, according to the Telegraph.

The molecules must be triggered by ultraviolet light or they will merely attach to the surface of the cell without attacking it.

Besides being used as a weapon to destroy tumor membranes, the nanomachines can also be used to carry therapeutic agents to cells.
Trials are currently being carried out on microorganisms and small fish, and scientists hope they will soon be able to try the technology on rodents too. If animal testing proves successful, clinical trials on humans will then get the go-ahead.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Re: "Killer" Nanomachines Can Destroy Cancer Cells Within One Minute[
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2017, 08:15:08 am »

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
I don't see how the nano-bots make decisions, these nanomachines are really just a few molecules that spin around when hit by ultraviolet light.
I would call them nano-drills.

Anyway, the source is Durham University and any viable alternative to chemo or surgery sounds like a good idea too me.
https://www.dur.ac.uk/news/newsitem/?itemno=32185

Last Edit by Palmerston
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.