You are Here:
Criminal : Doctors now pushing to slash recommended vitamin D intake in half

Author (Read 549 times)

David Icke Bot

• Web Bot
  • Mega InfoWarrior
    • David Icke
It's Criminal: Doctors now pushing to slash recommended vitamin D intake in half, even as most of the population is critically deficient in this anti-cancer nutrient

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-10-26-its-criminal-doctors-now-pushing-to-slash-recommended-vitamin-d-intake-in-half-even-as-most-of-the-population-is-critically-deficient-in-this-anti-cancer-nutrient.html

'Looks like vitamin D has been d-listed by scientists yet again, with new recommended dietary allowance (RDA) guidelines halving vitamin D intake from 800 international units (IU) per day to a paltry 400 IU. This, following conclusions made by the Endocrine Society after using a “gold standard for measuring 25(OH)D.” These findings were presented at the ENDO 2017 conference last April.

Principal investigator J. Christopher Gallagher, M.D. said on ScienceDaily.com, “The RDA is easily achievable with a supplement of 400 IU in winter, when vitamin D levels are lowest in North America. This has important ramifications for public health recommendations. The amount of vitamin D needed, 400 IU daily, is less than the figure recommended by the Institute of Medicine.”

For the last few years, medical and health professionals followed the IOM recommendations of 800 IU of vitamin D every day. The recommendation was set after a double-blind dose-response clinical trial made in 2007. In the study, doctors found that 800 IU of vitamin D was enough to meet the daily requirements of 97.5 percent of the population. However, using a newer, more advanced type of technology, researchers say that half that amount will suffice. Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry was used to reanalyze the 2007 data for a more “precise dose-response curve.” It was from this reanalysis that the calculated RDA of 400 IU was made.'

Read more: It's Criminal: Doctors now pushing to slash recommended vitamin D intake in half, even as most of the population is critically deficient in this anti-cancer nutrient

Last Edit by Palmerston
Webot for posting David Icke Articles and Videos,  read this post for criticism of my bias and limitations.

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
This story does not surprise me at all.

Two weeks ago the big news about vitamin D in the media was
that by taking a daily supplement of Vitamin D,
children and adults could reduce the amount of asthma medication needed to control asthma attacks.

Vitamin D costs much less than an asthma inhaler.

So, who benefits by taking vitamin D ?
The people.

Who loses ?
The pharmaceutical industry.
And we all know where the pharmaceutical industry stands on losing money.

Last Edit by Palmerston

EvadingGrid

• Rat Catcher (retired)
  • Administrator
  • Mega InfoWarrior

Two weeks ago the big news about vitamin D in the media was
that by taking a daily supplement of Vitamin D,
children and adults could reduce the amount of asthma medication needed to control asthma attacks.

Vitamin D costs much less than an asthma inhaler.

So, who benefits ?
The people.

Who loses ?
The pharmaceutical industry.
And we all know where the pharmaceutical industry stands on losing money.

Last Edit by Palmerston

Ah....
Cui Bono
Big Pharma

Last Edit by Palmerston
We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.

Phoenix Rising

• Awake
  • Sr. InfoWarrior
Here is another way in which vitamin D reduces the pharmaceutical industry's income , ie., pain medicines.

As stated in the article above, less sunshine, more need for Vitamin D.
This is especially true for women.

Here in the UK, I take 3,200 units of  Vitamin D  daily by prescription for relief of the chronic pain of fibromyalgia.
This use of vitamin D is approved of by the National Health Service (NHS).
It is the first line of treatment for chronic pain for women who come from sunny climates
and now live in the grey, gloomy, damp United Kingdom,
when over the counter medicines such as aspirin, paracetamol and the NSAIDS ( such as Ibuprofen, et., al.)
are already found to be ineffective for their pain.
Taking ever increasing doses of these over the counter drugs have dangerous side effects
that rarely get mentioned in the press or by your general practitioner.

Vitamin D is a safer alternative than moving to the next level of intervention
which is a low level opiate  such as codeine;
sooner or later one develops a tolerance to that dosage
and away you go onto ever increasing doses and  stronger addicting drugs.

Although I come from the mid-Atlantic region of the USA,
which certainly is not as sunny as Texas, Florida or California,
it is the Riviera when compared to the UK!

Just think of how many Brits have immigrated from the Caribbean, Africa, Asia and the Orient !
There are thousands of people suffering who do not know about the benefits of this vitamin.

Caution:
Although I worked for the NHS in the area of chronic pain management,
I was not authorised to prescribe medications.
My  job included providing information and advice to help people cope with their chronic pain.
In this job, and in my private practice in the USA,
my patients were always referred to me following a medical evaluation.
I would keep in touch with their primary physicians.

I supplemented my own medical treatment with alternative health and nutritional methods.

If you experience chronic pain, there is a reason.
I do not buy the "wear and tear" lazy explanation doctors easily give out,
and I tell them so.
If I did not pester my GP about finding the source of my increase in pain,
and tell him I wanted further referrals to screen me for the source,
I would never have found out I had cancer.

I know you readers are bright enough to know that all chronic pain is NOT cancer.

My point here is that when it comes to your health,
sometimes you must be pushy to get the quality of treatment that you need.
Don't be "too polite" like the Brits;
you in the USA have a private pay system, so the docs WANT your money and WILL refer you.

br]

Last Edit by Palmerston

2Revolutions

• Global Moderator
  • Mega InfoWarrior
Thanks for the wisdom you imparting Phoenix.

Too often the advice from doctors is either surgery or take a pill.  Rarely is it diet changes or vitamins.

With deliberately created opium epidemic in the US we see why doctors do not want people taking vitamin D.

Last Edit by Palmerston